Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monster Bash
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:32 pm 

https://youtu.be/smxYjKDq_kM

The video above shows the attract DMD with GoPinball Team contributors, let me know if I missed someone....it also shows the Status Function that utilizes combined DMD/ overlays with BAM miniplafield scaling

Post Posted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:23 pm 

I did ,I missed Whitey Weismann
Too many letters :)
I'll use "W.W"
He helped locate sound files and models for a possible "Bootleg" version that is so secret it doesn't even know it exists..or does it ?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:58 pm 

Don't sweat it, it was nothing compared to all the work you guys put into this.
The colored DMD is looking good, by the way...

Post Posted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:45 pm 

Whitey Weissman wrote:
Don't sweat it, it was nothing compared to all the work you guys put into this.
The colored DMD is looking good, by the way...

Thanks !
I love it, I hope it works out for people...we'll see

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 6:49 pm 

https://youtu.be/76M--L6TWVM

I am still figuring out some bugs...but here is a little update.
This video is using George's Rotated Display, which works very well for viewing the whole
table and DMD :)

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 8:44 pm 

The angle is a little different than my usual rotated display but that's OK. I put a bit more angle so the table looks a bit more like it is horizontal. I see you are still using the overlays. Did Rav's new enhancement not work out?

Steve helped me figure out how to light Franky's hands with a hologram that works like a light:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=10107

George

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 9:20 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I see you are still using the overlays. Did Rav's new enhancement not work out?

It's a work in process...
Very cool, a lot of variables

GeorgeH wrote:
Steve helped me figure out how to light Franky's hands with a hologram that works like a light:

Cool ! Steve birthed this baby ! :lol:

The Franky bobble is a miniplayfield animation so I will need to enclose the hologram in the same box so the light bobbles with Franky..

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:21 pm 

Gimli wrote:
The Franky bobble is a miniplayfield animation so I will need to enclose the hologram in the same box so the light bobbles with Franky..

I used the height option on the hologram and positioned it in the right spot. It doesn't move so it seems OK to me. The code just needs to be written to turn the light on when Franky stands up and turn off when he lies down.

George

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:48 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Gimli wrote:

I used the height option on the hologram and positioned it in the right spot. It doesn't move so it seems OK to me. The code just needs to be written to turn the light on when Franky stands up and turn off when he lies down.

George

No problemo

Post Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 8:36 am 

Rav has developed scriptable DMD colors and now scriptable lighting settings !!!

I will try to update my bam how-to soon I hope

The choice between using DMDs only vs a mix of overlays and DMD has numerous things to consider.

1. DMD image resolution is much lower than overlays (which some may prefer as it is more authentic) DMDs also have
a grid pattern of dots, again more authentic.
In the case of Monster Bash the images on the overlays do have a simulated DMD look with dots and importing these already dotted images into DMDs is not ideal.

2. DMD only (importing your image list into DMDs)
Has the advantage of working well across all user configs right away.
This includes Desktop, HUD, Cab and VR users.

3. DMDs allow for foreground and background coding of text, animation and variable color. You can have scores in the foreground and images in the background.

4. Using a mix of DMD and overlays, where you toggle between the two as needed. Allows for higher resolution of images.

For all users , you can simply code fade in/fade out routines of overlays DMDs. This is a little complicated Depending how many overlays /DMD's you are juggling. I believe Backglass DMD's cannot be faded in /out so they must be placed in the back with overlays placed in the front.

This is probably more demanding on CPU.

To complicate things further but with greater effect , the Backglass DMDs and overlays can be grabbed in miniplayfields boxes and scaled and toggled with code.

The benefit of this is instantaneous toggling vs fade and unlimited freedom of DMD and overlay size and position.

In this way you can simulate the foreground texting of DMD by superimposing a scaled down DMD overtop of an overlay image.

This miniplayfield approach works only for desktop users and VR (not cabinet or HUD users.)

I have used this final method on MB as I like the higher resolution, faster transition, and scaled DMD effects.

But it means I will have to enable versions for other users (cab users and hud).

Regardless, I intend on changing the DMD text color throughout game play and implementing some of RAV's new DMD features

Codeable light effects has huge potential and I am excited to check it out !

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 688 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP