Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monster Bash
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:37 pm 

Flug has the table right now. I'll work on it again when he is done. In the meantime, please try the table I sent to you on a PM.

George

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:25 am 

Thanks George, will check this in the evening. I am no genius in physics, but maybe I found out what probably is missing. Can anybody confirm that there is the "acceleration vector" used in FP/Bam? I am missing dynamic ball speed. Feels like the ball just varies its speed, when it hits any target.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:11 am 

Speed limiter is set at 2400 try 3000
Ball was blasting thru walls

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:48 pm 

blindpeser wrote:
Thanks George, will check this in the evening. I am no genius in physics, but maybe I found out what probably is missing. Can anybody confirm that there is the "acceleration vector" used in FP/Bam? I am missing dynamic ball speed. Feels like the ball just varies its speed, when it hits any target.

I don't actually know much about physics either. I learned by trial and error, seeing what the different parameters do and developing an intuition. I think Ball Damping is about as close as you can get to what you are wanting. Try reducing it. If you go higher than 1.2 with the other parameters unchanged, the ball won't spin. I use a custom ball like the soccer ball so I can check ball spin. Go ahead and give it a shot. Try Gimli's suggestion too. We can publish 2 versions of physics.

George

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:09 pm 

blindpeser wrote:

Gimli set "xBAM.BallSpeedLimit=2300", so ball speed is limited.
Also, in all version i get of MB there is no "rotation speed charts" used. So, flippers rotate "almost" same way as in FP.
There are 2 differences:
1. when "slow" ball is moving on flipper top surface.
If ball is closer to flipper tip, then flipper will rotate is little slower. (Like weight of ball will slow down flipper).
2. if ball speed is "low" or " high" flipper will rotate little faster.
Result: "mid" speed balls should for left flipper end more on right and "low" & "high" speed little to right.
(Defs: "slow" = < 200, "low" in range 200 - 900, "mid" in range 900 - 2250, "high" > 2250.).
This is more "theory" because in most cases ball will be close to 2300 (speed limit).
Even that ball can be easly accelerate by flippers to over 4000, but "speed limit" will slow down.

In my opinion, if we want to have "fast" balls on table (like ~4000 mm/s) we should increase FPS in XML to ~500. If you do quick math: ball speed = 4000 mm/s, so in 2 ms (1000 / FPS) it will be 8 mm. So, if ball radius is 13.5 mm there should be no problems with ball piercing the walls.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:17 pm 

I have tried increasing the XML FPS to 500 some time ago. I didn't have any problems with my gaming PC but others that have less capable PC's complained about experiencing stuttering (or low FPS). I ended up changing the physics FPS to 296 which appears to be limit before folks start complaining.

George

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:33 am 

Quote:
Also, in all version i get of MB there is no "rotation speed charts" used

How do you add rotation speed charts and is there one you would recommend?

Do you mean the acceleration line in the XML code?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:17 pm 

Is he talking about the flipper rotation speed charts?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:02 pm 

I believe so.. how do we use them?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:51 pm 

I believe the "solenoid on" he discusses on the link below is the "Rotation Speed Chart" on the Flipper Tweak page. "Solenoid off" would be the "Release Rotation Speed Chart" he discusses. Each IDX number is a point on the chart with the axis being time and percent. You add points by pressing the Insert key. Then you can navigate the points by highlighting the Idx line and pressing the left/right arrow keys. That is all I understand so far.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6676&start=50

I have no idea of what real world performance looks like so I have never used this. I guess I'll just have to experiment with it and just add a chant and see what happens.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 630 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP