Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post subject: fploader forcing static cam
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:22 pm 

I'd like to have the option to launch FPLoader in static mode, overriding the cfg files (to provide players with different experience option without having to get into the BAM menu). is there command switch that does this?

thanks

Post subject: Re: fploader forcing static cam
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:45 am 

psmiraglia wrote:
I'd like to have the option to launch FPLoader in static mode, overriding the cfg files (to provide players with different experience option without having to get into the BAM menu). is there command switch that does this?

thanks

Bam automatically saves yours settings so if you don't want static mode then choose something else like "future pinball mode" ....

Is that what you are asking?

You can delete the CFG files "default.cfg" and "your table.cfg" and then determine your own cfg

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:40 pm 

All my tables have the appropriate CFg for Kinect head tracking. I want to have the OPTION to launch any given table and override the head tracking mode, and use static cam instead. I would use that as an option on my front end when launching tables. Something like “fploader.exe blah /static /play”

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:37 pm 

Perhaps one way is have frontend choose between 2 different Bam directories the only difference being one bam directory has static mode configured CFG files and the other kinnect CFG ..files

But there may be a keypress in Bam to turn off head tracking ?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:24 pm 

That would require the creation of 100s of additional cfgs. It hardly seems like a better option. I can certainly find ways to hack my way to the same results, just looking for an elegant solution.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 5:12 pm 

Unless they are all the same then just use two default.cfg files. .

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:18 pm 

@ravarcade does my ask make sense?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:52 pm 

psmiraglia wrote:
@ravarcade does my ask make sense?

First thing... why?
If Kinect will not detect you, it will set camera position to "Static Cam". So it is what you want. All you need to make sure, that kinect don't detect you. You can just disconect it or cover sensor.

Gimli already gived you 2 other good options:
Set "Head Tacking On/Off" key in "Redefine keys". Later you will need to press this key 2 times to end in "Static CAM". As bonus, you can "lock" cam position in last position of play head. So, it works like semi-automatic adjust for different player height.

- Create in FP another BAM dir, lets say BAM-STATIC_CAM.
- Copy contentent of BAM dir to BAM-STATIC_CAM.
- Run FPLoader.exe from BAM-STATIC_CAM. Switch to "Static Cam". Set all params. Go to "Configuration" and press "Save as default". Exit FP.
- Go to BAM-STATIC_CAM/cfg and delete all cfg files.
Now, when you run FPLoader.exe from BAM-STATIC_CAM dir, you will run table in Static CAM.
... but you will lost "special" setting for tables.

Beqause you don't change anything in BAM dir, your kinect setting will not be changed.

Do same things like for case 2, but do not delete cfg files.... instead delete "Kinect.dll" from BAM-STATIC_CAM/Plugins dir.
This way, when you run FPLoader, you will end ... in "Future Pinball" mode...
... right now it don't work as you need, but in future i will change how BAM behave if you want to load table with missing selected tracking plugin and will change it to run in Static Cam.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:35 pm 

(3) is the first thing I tried, but BAM just did not start when the DLL was missing. I will try again.

- As for the other options:
Why? - the goal is to use Head tracking by default but, when I have friends over, I want to have an easy way for them to launch the tables with HT off (static or FP mode) as the kinect2 just keeps tracking everyone’s heads. I want this to be intuitive, without the need for others to have to navigate BAM. I can easily accomplish that from the front end
- I have 150+ tables, so maintaining 2 versions of the CFG files is just not possible
- because I have a real DMD, and I have a combination of EM, SS as well as DMD tables that work with fpintercept, and others that do not, I need to configure the back box coordinates for each table, so a default CFG does not cut it either

I hope this helps clarify. Thanks for the reply

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:21 pm 

Quote:
.On/Off" key in "Redefine keys". Later you will need to press this key 2 times to end in "Static CAM".

Don't you have any mappable buttons on your setup?

Once you have the head tracking on/off key set you don't need to enter BAM menu

It will remember your last game so will start next table with HT off if that was the previous selection..

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner