Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: apparently people want to be teased
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:09 am 

Sorry guys, explain something to me.....I speak in the name of everyone, because I think that a little bit to everyone, makes you stay popped,and laugh at the same time.

So here's what, I also spent almost a year doing tables (see willow), then I invented many thing, for Nintendo Pinball (see) and I find myself only 250 downloaders after 4 months.

then on the first page I see a loaded table, of the stern .... that in a few days more than 450 downloaders have arrived....????it will surely continue to increase.

now knowing the author, and knowing the stern ...... there is something that escapes me?

I do not know the real table, but I know the stern ... and I know at what level the tables are built, out of curiosity I tried this table, but I think it lacks things ......450 downloaders...ehhhh...... it's simply an unreal thing.

Post subject: Re: apparently people want to be teased
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:08 am 

Deadpool and Deadpool2 are recent blockbuster Superhero movies

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/

So it was a sure thing....
If you want downloads then "Venom" would be a good choice.. .old movies, old videogame tables will not unfortunately get a lot of attention even though your tables are superior...Total Recall should get a decent response

Unfortunately, I don't think many North Americans are familiar with Bud Spencer

I thought from the mammoth number of views on your NES pinball thread that there would be more interest ...it must have been the Google bots trolling the word "Nintendo"
50,000 views !!
viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=49&t=6524

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:28 am 

ahhhh......I understand, so if I make a table like "Venom"....with only 4trigger, and 2drop-target,some beautiful music....... I will get many many downloaders from people??? :shock: :lol:

seriously Bob, I know that Bud-spencer is not known in america, pity. but I was not referring to this table.but to pinball nes....

I know it's an old game on the "nes"....but just as you said, has totalized many views, but unfortunately few downloaders .....

but this is not the core of the question ..... but yes, as it is possible that a table of STERN,done with only a few triggers and some music, pleasing people????

it does not matter if it's a deadpool 1 or 10.....but how can you play, at a table (real builb) that is minimally just the shadow of the real one, no offense to anyone.

my question why publish a table, Type Recreation (real pinball).....when in reality it looks like an original, no offense to anyone.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:31 pm 

I wouldn't think too much about the numbers. I downloaded Deadpool, like most people curious to see what this game was like. I played it once, then deleted it. It's a WIP with a long, long way to go. The photo of it looked amazing but the reality was something else. It would be an extremely difficult challenge for me, let alone the guy attempting to build it. I wish him the best of luck.

It's the same in the real world, big themes like Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy attract a lot of people, regardless of the build. Stern make big, big money making 3 major pinball games every year with mostly similar layouts. Their most recent game is The Beatles, which cost them $1 million to secure the licence alone, then development and production costs on top of that.

Of course, we can make it for free and make it much better using Future Pinball.

The numbers don't matter at all. I have no idea how many people download my games, I never check.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:52 pm 

Welcome to VPinmame disease. It already destroyed a lot of creativity in VP, and now has infected people who use FP.

If you think that is bad, take a look at some of the numbers VP Original tables actually get. You do your own table because you love it, and if people don't download it, shrug your shoulders, say "well it's their loss" and then move on to the next project.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:30 am 

ok, I agree with you, Slam, the numbers do not count, and the disease vipmame, (I do not know what it is) infected FP (I would not say people, but only one or two guys) I just wanted to share a curiosity, but ..... I repeat the crux of the matter is, why publish these types of tables made so, and delude people, (they also give excellent comments) ... should not be validated according to me .... but I do not I'm nobody to decide. Obviously I only talk about recreations of real tables.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:10 am 

For any disease there can be a cure: For me, it's simply not giving a toss. Same with life; when you're young you worry about how you look and your status in life. Then you get older and suddenly you simply don't care anymore and life is so much better.

What kept me away from this site for nearly 6 years was pride. It is a 'deadly sin' for a reason, it can totally consume you.

The guys that have walked away from this hobby just need to grow older and realise this.

I'm about to release some amazing pinball games. I love them all and they've given me a lot of pleasure over the years. I really don't care if no one likes them or downloads them - the pleasure is all mine!!

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:35 am 

Amen :D

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:50 pm 

--- redacted by moderation. No insults please

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:48 pm 

--- redacted by moderation. No insults please

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion