Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: help wanted, transparent BG overlay
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:51 pm 

I understand 'how' the overlay works on the BG translite in FP, but I cant seem to get the limited software I have to make it work. If you look at the pic, you can see how the lights on the BG which are mounted on top of the Back Glass pic but below the "overlay" pic the lights shine through the 'transparent' area.

One software 'Paint.net' I have shows the transparent area on Popotte's 'Surfchamp' OVL, but the other software I have 'Paint Shop Pro 8' doesnt. Also, when I try to make a selection 'transparent' using the plug in in Paint.net, it doesnt show it as transparent when saving to TGA format, and always insists on 'flattening' the pic

what software do you use to make these 'transparent' areas in a Tga format file? (also, FP crashes whenever I try to load a tga created by Paint.net)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: help wanted, transparent BG overlay
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:26 pm 

I've nearly forgotten how to do this but I have used Paint Shop Pro 7 to create transparent areas on a TGA file. You basically have to select the areas that you want to be transparent. The "Magic Wand" can usually make the selections and then you can invert the selection if needed by clicking one the "Selections" menu item "Invert". Once you get the transparent areas selected, click on the "Selections" menu again and then click on "Save to Alpha Channel". If I remember correctly that is it; save changes and you are done (I think).

George

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help