Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Total Recall (original)
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:55 pm 

I don't think the yes designation means anything ?
It looks like all and only bulbs get designated this

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:02 pm 

I think you are right. I looked at Slam's Jaws table again and noticed that the flashers he added under the slingshots are not designated as yes on the GI column. My bad. Sorry for the confusion.

George

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44 am 

I only added 2 hardware lights to the GI (under the slingshots) for Jaws, but it is possible to add more for more light. You can make the game as bright as you want it using hardware lights, which will realistically light up the entire playfield exactly like real GI lighting would do. For me personally, 2 is just right.

Hardware lights can be used in other areas too, like spotlights - when I highlight the Jaws toy, I strobe the mini spot in front of him for a dynamic effect. And on Scared Stiff and Star Trek, I added blue hardware lights at the top of the table, which looks amazing.

Lighting can transform a table so experiment.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:45 pm 

Thanks Slam! I have been experimenting with shadow masks and found I have to learn more about lighting in order to make them work. The nano flashers you use are pretty cool.

George

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:01 am 

Wild - I love, love, love the look of this table!

The layout is great! The modes are awesome (love the taxi design!). I love the visual of the playfield. This will be fun to try out!

Way to go!
-mark

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:54 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Thanks Slam! I have been experimenting with shadow masks and found I have to learn more about lighting in order to make them work. The nano flashers you use are pretty cool.

George

To help clarify.... "Hardware Lights" are Flashers. When you add a new Flashers it's considered a Hardware Light. These lights render differently than other lights in that they can be more realistic looks and unform and can affect everything around them.

Hardware Lights work with FP or New Renderer...but New Renderer is where they will really look amazing. You can only have 7 Hardware Lights "active" at one time. This is only in reference to the flasher acting like a Hardware Light.

So for example....use a New Table to test. Add 7 flashers to the middle table and have them always ON. Then play the table. Use New Renderer with the Global Lighting really low and you'll see the huge difference netween FP and New Renderer.

Now exit and add 2 more flashers set to always ON. Play the table again. You will see that now only 7 of them will have the per-pixel lighting...BUT if you use the Manual Camera you will notice that if you move the camera so only 7 of them are in view, you will see other flashers becaome "hardware lights" depending on which are in view first,etc.

As for the Global Lighting. Think of that as a MASTER single Light that is always there. For normal FP it was never meant to be adjusted. With BAM, when you make Lighting and Ambient Lighting changes, it only affects that one light. With BAM you can also change the position, etc.

The BEST test for how good a table looks is to turn the global / ambient lighting completely off. Then you will see how using 2 hardware lights under the slings for GI truly works compared to a table with no hardware lights for GI.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:33 pm 

So to clarify Hardware lights means Flashers
and for GI we are using the Nano Flashers . Slam uses 2 only and places them in the slingshots
but we can add more to the GI if needed...

So for instance I am tweaking Indiana Jones and have removed all the bulbs previously assigned to GI and am using Nano Flashers exclusively....

We can add bulbs to the GI , but they show through and don't look as good....

Post Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:22 pm 

Sorry Wild,
for the light discussion here, wrong thread

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:49 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Sorry Wild,
for the light discussion here, wrong thread

no problem, I do not offend,you know :D

I have not commented because as usual I do not understand anything, what you all talking about :lol:

@thanks mark...and Skyrider.

TerryRed wrote:
Love the work you are doing!

One thing I highly encourage is to try adding in Hardware Lighting for the GI under the slings like what SLAM did with Jaws Ultimate Pro. Combine that with maybe changing the "colour" of that GI lighting to RED for certain modes,etc might be cool as well.

Making the light inserts in a similar manner as he did for Jaws would help a lot.

The reason I mention this is because if you add these in correctly, you can turn down BAM's global Ambient lighting alot to allow that Hardware GI lighting to light up the table with New Rendered. That would look stunning!

I do not understand anything, if you know how to do it, just, and ready for release, if you want then try to do what you say, but I do not know what is there in JAWS.

thanks to you.

Last edited by wild on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:35 pm 

A very interesting design! Great work so far :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP