Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Total Recall (original)
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:22 pm 

@wild, I rarely intervene on the site, but I wanted to tell you that "total recall" is an extremely promising table and confirms the enormous progress you made in the construction of your tables. You have definitely entered in the small circle of the great designers. Do not worry that a certain person (it's not worth the trouble ;) ) tell you about other forums and stay focused on your wonderful work ! :D

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:45 pm 

SLAMT1LT wrote:
It would be an honor

the honor would be all mine.

bil wrote:
@wild, I rarely intervene on the site, but I wanted to tell you that "total recall" is an extremely promising table and confirms the enormous progress you made in the construction of your tables. You have definitely entered in the small circle of the great designers. Do not worry that a certain person (it's not worth the trouble ;) ) tell you about other forums and stay focused on your wonderful work ! :D

Hi Bil...it is nice to hear you again :D Thank you for your appreciation, you're absolutely right, it's not worth it.
at the bottom we only talk about of "game", there are other things more important.
in the meantime I go ahead with this, I enjoy and relax in trying to improve. :D I hope to hear from you again.

in fact here is an update.....

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:07 am 

Cool!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:54 am 

Love those slingshot guns! I wanted to do that with the sentry guns on Aliens - swing and fire. If you have the time, you'd be doing me a big favour if you can create a Sentry Gun toy for my Aliens Legacy ULTIMATE Pro update.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:02 am 

@Bob,Slam...thanks,happy that you2 like it.

this might like you?always if this is the gun, you tell me ;)

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:11 pm 

Amazing! Looks just perfect, can you send it to me? Thanks :D

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:30 pm 

Love the work you are doing!

One thing I highly encourage is to try adding in Hardware Lighting for the GI under the slings like what SLAM did with Jaws Ultimate Pro. Combine that with maybe changing the "colour" of that GI lighting to RED for certain modes,etc might be cool as well.

Making the light inserts in a similar manner as he did for Jaws would help a lot.

The reason I mention this is because if you add these in correctly, you can turn down BAM's global Ambient lighting alot to allow that Hardware GI lighting to light up the table with New Rendered. That would look stunning!

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:39 am 

OK, I'm trying to learn more about lights. I see the Light List Manager has a column named GI. It either contains a Yes or a blank. When I add a light, how do I make it have a Yes in the GI column? I don't see a way to do it.

I noticed that Slam's flashers under the slingshots on Jaws are listed in the light list as GI but I have not figured out how to get the status to change to GI on another table.

George

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:31 am 

You select GI in lightlist manager then choose edit....then add your light from the list by clicking include

Post Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:27 am 

Gimli wrote:
You select GI in lightlist manager then choose edit....then add your light from the list by clicking include

I have done that but it still does not list "Yes" in the GI column of the light list manager. This field in the columns appears to be an automatically generated field that you can't change. I don't know how it decides what lights to identify as "Yes".
I presume that the lights identified as "Yes" are the ones that "New Renderer" includes in BAM's global ambient lighting that TerryRed was discussing above in the previous message.

The flashers I added under the slingshots don't say "Yes" in the GI column so I assume that won't be included in the ambient lighting adjustments in BAM. Slam's Jaws table has a "Yes" in this column for the flashers he added under the slingshots. Ii seems the "Yes" here is needed to make the ambient lighting work.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP