Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Triggers calling the Hit event rapidly instead of just once
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:56 pm 

So I just installed Future Pinball on my new high-end PC (Windows 10). Everything seems to be working great, except for some reason triggers (Rollovers, ramp triggers, I assume gates) are really messed up. Instead of triggering just once as usual, they trigger rapidly (Probably once per frame) as long as the switch is closed. This means score will climb rapidly, sounds assigned to the rollover will play over and over again, and other game breaking things (Like the lock on the game I've been working on - Yes, I'm still going to finish Joe's Ultimate Bus Ride some day :P - no longer functions because the time used to detect when balls have settled in the lock is now getting reset over and over and over again and never expires).

This is really mind boggling. As far as I can tell, other things like kickers, targets, drops, and slingshots work just fine (Although after a quick test I noticed that spots trigger twice if a ball settles on one. Not sure if that's normal or not). Really I have no idea what could be causing the issue. I've tried a few different compatibility mode options (XP SP3 and None). I haven't installed BAM yet. The game does have admin rights. As far as I know, this wasn't an issue on my much slower Windows 10 laptop.

If anyone here could offer any help, it would be appreciated! I'm certainly not in any hurry (I've got a lot of stuff going on at the moment), but I noticed this issue, couldn't find a solution online, and figured it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Post subject: Re: Triggers calling the Hit event rapidly instead of just o
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:32 am 

I have a gaming PC but never experienced or heard of anything like this occurring. I have seen some really strange things occur when I don't have "Vertical Sync" checked. It is located on the "Preferences" > "Video / Rendering Options" screen.

If this is not the cause, maybe some of the other guys might have some ideas.

George

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:44 am 

Thanks, that did the trick! It's weird though because I was pretty sure I had already turned Vsync on as the screen tearing was pretty bad without it. I guess I turned it on before I gave Future Pinball admin rights and it wasn't saved or something. I must have forgotten to turn it back on later.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:00 am 

VSync fixes some really strange problems. Star Trek Next Gen has a launch lane that drops onto the playfield from a wire cage. Whenever I don't have VSync checked, the ball just drops from the wire cage completely through the playfield like it wasn't even there.

Glad it's fixed,

George

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help