Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post subject: Re: Phantom of the Opera ULTIMATE 1.04-1
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:24 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
Very nice George.

So to get the dynamic flippers code.... is that now a standard BAM adds in when you do a copy and paste from BAM settings while playing the table? Or is that something you guys added afterward? etc...

Is it really as simple as copying from BAM flipper physics settings, pasting into table script...then making your adjustments in the script. Nothing else?

I added a link to the dynamic flippers thread to one of SLAMT1LT's newer Youtube videos (comparing Transfomers VPX and FP versions). I wonder if he even knows about it or uses it at all with his Ultimate Pro tables.

The flipper code that you copy out of BAM is really just a starter for your own coding in this version. I'm not sure but I think you will get the geometry improvements if you don't add any other coding. This BAM enhancement is actually capable of performing other things. There are probably possibilities that Gimli and I have not thought about (or maybe I should just say Gimli since I am not much of a coder). I'll be interested in seeing what Blue comes up with on his new table if or when he publishes it.

I don't think Slam watches the developments of BAM at all. I sent him an e-mail message once telling him about the bug fix for FP turning the table loading text black. That was a long time ago though.

George

Post Posted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:45 pm 

POTO has just gotten over 1000 downloads.

Thanks Guys,

George

Post Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:36 pm 

Thanks GeorgeH for your work on all the Slamt1lt modded tables.
I think dynamic flippers makes a huge difference

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:54 pm 

Thanks George. Another great update! :-)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:20 am 

Dear George,

In this table you explain for novices the lines that we need to copy for dynamic flippers+bounce control in the script. In addition there is a text for XML (Physics). Is necessary to do both actions ?.

Thanks a lot.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:23 am 

Sorry this message is for Jaws, where you include these elements on the script.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:45 pm 

otro5 wrote:
Dear George,

In this table you explain for novices the lines that we need to copy for dynamic flippers+bounce control in the script. In addition there is a text for XML (Physics). Is necessary to do both actions ?.

Thanks a lot.

It basically depends on what you want.

If you like the physics of the table that you want to change, then just copy the sections for flipper omega and bounce control (start copying at "=== Dynamic Flipper Settings ===" and stop at "=== End of Dynamic Flipper Settings ===".

If you want to try my physics, then copy as I describe in the script which includes the XML. My physics may not work on all tables but I have found it works on all I have tried so far. I nearly always reduce the strength of the slingshot rubbers when I add custom physics to a table. If you do that, you should come close to having the table perform like one of mine. You might try this way first and if you don't like the physics, then just delete the XML from the script.

George

Post subject: Re: Phantom of the Opera ULTIMATE 1.04-2
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:00 pm 

I posted version 1.04-2. I figured out a neat method of cutting the lens material to fit the lights on the playfield texture. I can can explain if anyone is interested.

I tried adding shadow maps. For the few times I was able to make them work, the playfield looked washed out where lights were cast onto the playfield. Also, the lights on the dark night light setting in BAM developed a reddish cast on the rear portion of the playfield. I couldn't get it to work the way I wanted so I gave up. I would be happy to let someone else try.

George

Post subject: Re: Phantom of the Opera ULTIMATE 1.04-3
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:36 pm 

Version 1.04-3 posted.

George

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release