Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post subject: Phantom of the Opera ULTIMATE 1.04-1
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:38 pm 

I have posted an update to Slamt1lt's table, "Phantom of the Opera". I just happened to be working on this table when Ravarcade published a new beta of BAM that implements "dynamic flippers". The idea for the omega of the flippers came from Gimli. Gimli's code for the omega was confusing to me so I made some changes. With the changes, I can easily change the parameters so it matches the physics. My understanding is that omega is what is adjusted when you make changes to the flipper strength in the Future Pinball editor. The new version of BAM adds numeric contact points for each flipper. The contact point at the base reads 0 and the tip is approximately 1.2. The points in between the base and tip of the flipper read progressively between 0 and 1.2. The script has a formula that uses the contact point to calculate the omega. On this table, the omega is 28.2 at the tip of the flipper and 43 at the base. I think this makes the table play considerably better. The script also has sections that improve flipper geometry and flipper elasticity.

List of changes:
Replaced 1024x2048 playfield texture with Siggi's high resolution version.
Developed dynamic flippers by using the recent BAM version 1.4-233 with Gimli's help.
Added custom physics.
Added HUD Toggle Key that saves setting to the fpRam file.
Added a modification to the plunger so it operates more smoothly.
Reshaped the apron so it is symmetrical.
Added coding to the script that extends the maximum number of points that can be awarded from 40 billion to 922 trillion.
Added version of the table for use on a single monitor with a portrait orientation such that the monitor on your PC can be rotated 90 degrees.

I hope you enjoy the table. My thanks to Gimli and Siggi for their assistance.

The table is available for download at PinSimDB:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... a_ultimate

George

Post subject: Re: Phantom of the Opera ULTIMATE 1.04-1
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:34 pm 

For those of you that are table developers and have read Ravarcade's discussion of the topic below, you may wander why I am using 1.2 as the contact point for the tip instead of 1.0 that Rav discusses.

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6676

The reason is simple. The debug code showed that the contact point at the tip of the flipper often read 1.2. After trying 1.0 and 1.2 in the formula in the script. I found 1.2 made the table play better.

George

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release