Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Using Made Toys
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:13 pm 

I have a new model made. I need it as a Toy for Future pinball. The model is set as a fpm.(FUTURE PINBALL MODEL) it is imported but I cannot find it as a toy. Can I please get help so I can make some unique tables?

Post subject: Re: Using Made Toys
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:43 pm 

I am not an expert on models but you can open the FPM file using the "FPM Editor" that you can get here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/projects/fpm_editor/

I have to disable the system High DPI on the properties for the exe file to make it work right.

Under "Model Type" is a pull down menu where you can select "Toy" and save it.
Then you will be be access it in Future Pinball as a toy.

George

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:58 pm 

[quote="GeorgeH"]
I have to disable the system High DPI on the properties for the exe file to make it work right.

How do you disable the system High DPI?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:16 pm 

These are the directions for Windows 10. Windows 7 and 8 probably have something similar.

You right click on the file "fpm-editor.exe" and select Properties. Then you click on the Compatibility tab and then click on the button "Change High DPI settings" . Then check mark "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and select "System" in the pull down list. Then OK it closed.

Unfortunately, this only allows access to the top portion of the screen. I have not been able to figure out how to display the bottom part. The part you need is near the top.

How do the rest of you guys set up the FPM Editor to run on Windows 10?

George

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:53 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
You right click on the file "fpm-editor.exe" and select Properties. Then you click on the Compatibility tab and then click on the button "Change High DPI settings" . Then check mark "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and select "System" in the pull down list. Then OK it closed.
George

The object is at the fpm format and I got it in my Model Manager list but when I click toy it only shows Spin Disk and Hologram, and right clicking does nothing. Is there something I am missing?

Post Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:21 pm 

There might be another way but the only way I have figured out to add a toy to a table is to find another table that has a toy. You open the table that has the toy and the one where you want to add it in the same FP editor. You right click on the toy and copy. Then you right click on the table where you want to add a toy and select paste. Then you can add the model you created to the toy.

Gimli, Is there another way?

George

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:19 am 

That is the only way I know of too

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:01 am 

Finally got it on future pinball but my funnel is in the air and they have no offset and I set it to the floor. I do not know why this is happening. Picture is attached to see what I meant. The shows a spinner and the funnel.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:39 am 

The only thing I can think of is the height might be set in the model. I have added bumper caps to tables that hang in the air if you don't add a base to it.

Gimli do you have any ideas?

George

Post Posted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:31 pm 

Quick question....

When the model is opened in MilkShape 3D (I am assuming you are using this before opening in FPM Editor :?: ) - is the model centralized on the X-Plane?

Reason for asking - is that when I have created models in Blender and imported in to MilkShape 3D; so that I can create the .ms3d formatted model as well as amending polygon count etc. quite easily, I have had similar issues until moving/centralizing the model on the X-Plane after opening the model in FP.

Therefore, and as George has commented - it may be the height of the Model on the X-Plane... this may be worth changing; and this is also very quick to do - to clarify/confirm.

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help