Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: How do I remove the EM scoring reel from the playfield?
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:00 pm 

Specifically, the Air Aces EM table. I have a cab and have then displayed on the backbox. I don't see where to take it off the translite? Is it done in the script or on the object on the table? I can't find it?

This also applies to any table with scoring displays on the playfield.

Thanks,

--Harry

Post subject: Re: How do I remove the EM scoring reel from the playfield?
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:26 pm 

I think you are talking about the Heads Up Display (HUD). This table has the Hud Toggle key defined so you can press it to turn it off. However, the setting is not saved so the next time you load the table, it will be there again.

You can make some changes to the script to fix it but it is easiest to move the Hud off the table and place it above the top of the backboard. You don't want to delete these objects because they are defined in the script and will produce an error message if you delete them.

You need to open the translite. This table has a lot of stuff on the translite. It will be easier to see what you are doing if you turn off layers 3, 4 and 5. Then move the 3 objects, "HUDReel", "HUDPlayer" and "HUD" above the top of the backboard. You will need to right click on each of them and unlock each of them in order to be able to move them.

George

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:38 pm 

Thanks George,

It never dawned on me that the translite also has layers. Cab is off for the night but I will check after work tomorrow.

I 'm starting to get serious with FP. Lots of fun tweaking stuff. Using physics 2.5 on the EM tables and I like 2.5 on Slam's tables vs 2.7. Have lots of reading to do.....

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:33 pm 

I'm glad I could help. I personally like Malifica's XML file also. Malifica designed it so you shouldn't have to change anything other than adding the XML file. I always make changes but it usually works by just adding the XML file. You can get it here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6173

George

Post Posted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:05 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I'm glad I could help. I personally like Malifica's XML file also. Malifica designed it so you shouldn't have to change anything other than adding the XML file. I always make changes but it usually works by just adding the XML file. You can get it here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6173

George

I've played about a dozen tables with Malifca's XML and I do like the physics. Tables play well. With the latest BAM I can get the ball to jump from one flipper over to another. Tricky but doable. I'm using real pinball leaf switches in my cab. Running i7 with GTX1080 (overkill I know). Trying some Martin Brunker's tables that he just updated. Very nice tables (tried 4 so far) but there are some annoying bugs which I will have to note the next time I play through them. Maybe we can shake them out.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:04 am 

I know very little about scripting but somebody here might be able to help.

George

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help