Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: playfield capture problem
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:02 am 

I've been putting up with this ever since I first installed FP. My OS is Windows 7.
When I try to capture an image of the playfield (Alt + Print Screen), I get an image of the loading screen instead of the playfield. My only solution thus far is to keep pressing Alt + Tab until
1) I stop moving through other running Windows, and
2)the image reliably settles back on the playfield, instead of staying on the backglass.
Wierd, huh?
tHis also happens in PinballX but is worse, as I cannot do the Alt + Tab dance, and so all my playfield images turn out to be loading screen images.
Anybody got any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Post subject: Re: playfield capture problem
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:11 am 

If you use BAM , there is a snapshot key that will alternate between hi res shots of back glass and playfield....

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:16 pm 

I found it. It's the Z key (44). The trouble is, the image generated is still the loading screen (at the start of the progress bar).
Attachment:
2001_2.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:25 pm 

It will keep taking shots when you press that key and puts them in Bam folder
"44" didn't work for me so in menu I selected "44" and pressed enter to choose a new key.
and then it works...

However on my computer the image looked black and white and grainy with the current version of BAM.

when I load an older version of BAM it looks fine...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by Gimli on Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:46 pm 

greynurse wrote:
I found it. It's the Z key (44). The trouble is, the image generated is still the loading screen (at the start of the progress bar).

If you have opened the "Redefine Keys" option in BAM and Print Screen is set to 44, the 44 is actually the Print Screen key on your keyboard. The Print Screen key is located to the left of your Scroll Lock key on your keyboard. The Z key is normally the right nudge key when you play a game unless you changed it in the FP editor.

George

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:22 pm 

if you have a nVidia chipset you can use the software "Geforce experience" to capture, I think it is alt f1.

Another option is software like FRAPS

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:35 pm 

I don't understand the problem. I have an nVidia video card. When I play a table using BAM, I press the Print Screen button on my keyboard and I see an onscreen note that says I made the screenshot and then it adds the screenshot of the table to my BAM folder (Well it used to save it there before I changed the "bam.cfg" file to have it save the screenshot somewhere else). I have never change the default key on the Config change keys screen. I am currently using Windows 10 but I used to make lots of screen shots on Windows 7.

George

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:02 pm 

George, you're a genius.
I didn't think to look in the BAM folder. I haven't been using BAM for very long and I wasn't aware that it saved screenshots in it's own folder. And proper table images as well. I should have mentioned that I was playng tables via the VPMan front end. So when I took a screenshot VPMan would capture what it thought was the playfield, but obviously it, for some reason, grabbed the FP loading screen. Anyway, this looks like a reasonably elegant way to put playfield images into PinballX rather than getting them from the VPMan screenshots folder.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:50 pm 

I don't feel like a genius but thanks.

You can change the default to where screenshots are saved by using Notepad to edit the "bam.cfg" file located in your BAM folder. You just save the path to the name of the folder you want to use. There is an option for screenshots and another for backbox acreenshots.

George

Post Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:04 pm 

Nice choice ;-)
greynurse wrote:
Attachment:
2001_2.jpg

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help