Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: is future pinball on its way out
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:32 am 

im getting nervous it seems vp is releasing tables at a rate and future pinball which i enjoy
has become rare.since slam t1lt has unfortunately not releasing tables its gone quiet.authors like him and many others should be encouraged to carry on there brilliant work.

Post subject: Re: is future pinball on its way out
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:03 am 

We seem to have fewer table builders although Ravarcade keeps making FP better. I haven't tried it yet, but it appears BAM version 195 fixes the memory leak that has plagued FP since it was first built.

George

Post Posted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:54 am 

its such a pity i am a fp addict i repair pinball's for a living but prefer virtual myself ,no maintenance i am building my first cabinet .i think virtual pinball should be encouraged old real tables are becoming more difficult to repair with age the table and my age.future pinball is magnificent it allows you to play every table from your youth and some you've never seen in limited space.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:30 pm 

happy to see more tables its not dead after all thanks to all authors pinball is great
i hope slamt1lt will release his tables the are sorely missed.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:58 pm 

No. My next table, Jungle Girl, will be for FP, and I suspect the vast majority of original tables will be for FP. The reason VPX is so active is everyone is busy converting VP8/VP9 tables to VPX, which we don't need to do with FP, and if you look at the amount, there are more FP original games being released than VPX, which is really mostly a ROM emulator now.

I think things will pick up here. The advancements in BAM, the fact that it's actually easy to find the info to use it now, and this community has finally settled on a couple things, like a standard installer, will help greatly. As well, VPX has become so overly complex, hard to use, and with way too many things to have to learn, it's becoming the domain of fewer and fewer people who have the different amounts of skill sets needed (like script/model/blender stuff etc) that people who may not have that capability or just don't want to take that amount of time to learn everything may just move back here because it's a hell of a lot easier to use FP, even for a basic game.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Post Posted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:51 pm 

Blue,

I'm glad to hear you are optimistic about FP. Does VPX have 3D models? I started out with VP a long time ago but moved to FP because it has better 3D. Still yet there are some tables I wish FP had.

George

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:45 am 

Yeah, VPX does now. They are taking the best features of FP and adding them to VPX. If the devs there think it's better, that's fine I guess. The only reason FP doesn't have some games that are better is because no one here has made them yet. :)

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:52 am 

Oh wow, didnt know VPX allows 3D models now. So this is maybe the new pinball simulator everybody asks for? Ich dont know anything about VP, just hear it is complicated to get it run. Maybe it just needs something like a "allinone Installer". On the other side it is rom based and maybe a bit closer to the original. I just saw a few videos. The flipper physics seem to be way more realistic than on FP.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:42 am 

Hi blindpeser
It would be great if you added a bam flipper tweak entry under BAM how to guides?

Have you tried this?
https://youtu.be/q8vOFOBOAWc

In addition to xBAM flipper coding, have you played with rubber settings under BAM physics tweaks and have you increased ball damping and changed/removed randomness in XML?

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion