Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade

Post subject: Re: Pinball Arcade
 Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:01 pm 

TPA, but that's an opinion and I certainly don't think you are wrong because you choose VP or FP, just like I don't think you're wrong if you choose VP over FP or vice versa. I don't have a problem with a difference of opinion but IMHO this is overboard.

For the record, I've defended FP over VP zealots and vice versa. I realize many are extreme in their viewpoints but the danger of having this unchecked is that many don't even bother checking out the product. how often have people said "I never checked FP until recently". You ever asked yourself why?

Just a bit more balanced approach people, let's nurture and grow our hobby, not break it down. The more people try VP/FP/TPA/Zen/ZP (Zaccaria Pinball on iOS for the uninitiated), the more they will also discover/be led to our own programs of choice, the more potential table makers, redraw artists, etc are discovered. This is not a competition, it's a hobby. VP and FP are free, there's no competition there anyway. :)

Anyway, there's a difference between being critical and bashing and comparison's apple/oranges misinform and other comments like "horrible work" I know are suggestive but IMHO just are past acceptable, which is perfectly cool in discussing the merits of your favorite pin simulator.

Before anyone takes my comments farther than they are intended, I'm not asking for any comments to be removed. This is a bulletin board, that's what comments are for. But as much as any member have the right to their opinion... so do I :)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:11 pm 

You are right The Loafer (about your rights to comment) and you are a also doing it the right way (I mean without the will to start a war).
Hope it will continue like this (I'm quite sure everyone understands what I mean)

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:03 pm 

personally I'm not looking to start a flame war nor am I looking to piss off or upset anyone :) After all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion here :) Go Sens Go!!! (not really) :P

Post Posted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:12 pm 

I am always shocked when I hear that people like PA. IT HAS HORRIBLE PHYSICS in my opinion! I really tried to like that game because they have a Android version and a love to play pinball on my Nexus 7 on the go. Plus I like Blackhole alot. But there physics don't feel right at all on all the tables I tried (primarily Bride of Pinbot, Black Hole, Black Knight 2k, Terminator 2). The ball has no weight at all and bounces around like it is out of rubber. The whole movement feels a little slo-mo, exactly like the physics in older games like Half Life 2. It feels very scripted too.

I allays thought that there Android version just sucked because of the praise they get, but I tried it on Steam and it is exactly the same. I didn't tested VP because of the graphics but FP 2.5, Zen and the new Unit3d feel a lot more advanced when it comes to physics.

Plus, I wouldn't hope for a lot of improvements on PC, they had not much significant Android updates besides new tables over the last two years.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:20 pm 

xxthegodxx wrote:
...Plus, I wouldn't hope for a lot of improvements on PC, they had not much significant Android updates besides new tables over the last two years.

They've promised significant graphics quality upgrades because the work's 90% done for the PS4 version. Alas, no physics upgrades are likely. Though I find PA's physics better than most Physics 1.0 tables on FP and the graphics better than a lot of VP tables. I play it less than FP or VP (or even FX2), but it still gets some love.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:30 pm 

open6l wrote:
Here's another thought. TPA is 'supposedly' a retail/commercial product whereas VP+FP are open-source/hobby type products (ok so FP isn't really open-source but you get the point) and yet who has the better product without requiring ANY funding? :)

It's probably worth noting that VP and FP have the funding source (that PA doesn't) called "not having to pay for intellectual property."

(Not that FP and VP recreations are done by pirates and thieves. Most of these tables are by companies that are defunct, and even Stern has to know about the FP and VP versions of their tables. They're just smarter than the **IA and realize that the FP and VP communities are made up of fans and spend far more money on real pinball than most people.)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:58 am 

+1

Post Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:53 pm 

The Community on this site makes better tables than PA. Just watching the graphic on tables in progress can give me hard on. =p Just watched And the United 3D Project is so exiting.

PA was very bad. Sadly I think... No soul in that game =/

Post Posted: Sat May 17, 2014 4:26 am 

Found very interesting site for graphic display for nvidia cards - great imovement for display, has also a little effect to physic.
With this settings :
http://steamcommunity.com/app/238260/di ... 269406/#p2
gameplay and grapic is really improvement.
Flasher , lights, and shadow:
Hope you have more fun with these setting with nvidia inspector.
Happy playing :D

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade