Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Physics 2.6 Installation
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:03 pm 

hi there,

maybe it's a silly question, but is the future pinball 2.6.exe supposed to be installed in a future pinball physics 2.5 directory or in a non modified fresh future pinball installation. as we know for the 2.5 version there are other files exchanged as well, not only the exe. are they needed for a proper version of 2.6?

thanks a lot!

Post subject: Re: Physics 2.6 Installation
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:46 pm 

This has never been fully answered by Slam; the other changed files, .dlls from 2.5 were from a newer version of the Newton physics and appear to work regardless of whether you use the original FP .exe or not. I have played the original 1.0 tables w/ the 1.0 .exe and the updated Newton .dlls without problem.

Intel C2D e8400 @3.6Ghz • ATI 7950 3GB • 8GB RAM • Windows 8.1 Pro x64

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:08 pm 

Not to get into too much talk about 'hacked' exes but the 2.6 can just be dropped into the FP folder (name it as such if you'd like to keep it separate from your other exes).

As for dlls - you don't need to worry about them. All that the dlls from 2.5 provided was a smaller memory footprint, faster load times and less table crashing. The downside was that you could not see the images in the editor if and when you edited the tables. Personally I would stick with the old dlls (original).

P.S. - I have it on good authority (this info) :)

Post Posted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:37 pm 

Personally, I don't like the 2.6 physics at all. I prefer Zed 1.0 or 2.5 . Just saying....

If you install BAM, there is an easy way (open can explain it better than i can) to use whichever physics you want on whatever table btw....

Post Posted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:56 pm 

strange, last night i tried to launch a ball in addams family ultimate physics 2.6 at full throttle and the ball wouldn't go up the table with speed. it just went like half the way as if it was too heavy. the 2.6 exe i used was in the 2.5 folder with the 2.5 dll's. then i put the 2.6 exe in my original unmodified future pinball directory and everything was fine. that's why i started this thread. today i cannot reproduce the error anymore. but thanks anyway!!

for now i have a future pinball original install with an additional 2.3, 2.4 and 2.6 exe in the same folder and some rules set in hyperspin to launch certain tables with a related exe.

best regards!!

(ps: i wrote a nice little introduction of myself, but it still seems not to be approved by a mod. maybe lost?)

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion