Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball FX2

Post subject: Re: Pinball FX 2 on steam May 10th
 Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:45 am 

The Loafer wrote:
What do you mean the shift keys don't work? It's working fine in my cab. It's the nudging keys that don't work but you can change them by using a key mapper.

Sorry man, got confused...

PC - 2x Xeon CPU's 3.2ghz, 4g ram, GTX 650 Ti OC 1g, 80g 7200rpm SATA drive, Soundblaster Pro.

Post Posted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:50 pm 

Hey - my recollection was wrong too :)

But I did have to use an OS key remapper in windows 8 to get nudging to work :)

Post Posted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:50 am 

No problem, I thought I had to ask the wife to double check if I was seemingly losing it of late :)

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:10 pm 

so go figure. I tried to install Steam on my Windows 8 partition. The initial install completed but it kept telling me I needed an internet connection to update (which of course I had but it failed to see a connection). I uninstalled/reinstalled - still no go. Rebooted into safe mode with networking - no go. So I booted into my Windows 7 partition (reluctantly) and installed Steam and Pinball FX2. First thing I noticed which was not in the Windows 8 app version - I'm getting flipper lag. Gonna dig deeper into it when I get a chance but has anyone else noticed a slight lag? Its not there under the Windows 8 app (non-steam version).

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:37 pm 

I don't have lag but its documented on Zen's forum. I could be wrong open, so I would suggest you take a look at their forums but there were two possible issues I think. One of them had to do with using 720p resolution, it seems their game doesn't support 720p, but 768 so it works but causes some issues. The other was some setting to turn off in nvidia panel and everything worked ok. I am pretty sure you run your playfield at 1080p so there is a solution for you friend.

Post Posted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:10 pm 

Correction on the following for the flipper lag bug, from the following thread some nice guy posted on their forums ;)

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthread ... mendations

720p bug: "Currently there is an option for 1280x768 and 1280x800, but not 1280x720, and that's the one I need - and I can find no configuration files in which to add a custom resolution. Why do I want 720p support? Because I have a great big TV that only runs at 60hz in 720p mode, and higher resolutions only run at 30hz which introduces unplayable flipper lag."

Can't find anything on that other flipper lag issue, may have been on Steam's forums. Good luck visit there, they are one vicious bunch!!!

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:51 am 

Die Gedanken sind frei, wer kann sie erraten...
Why it is so much simplier in Fx to keep the ball in game. After Fx playing fp the ball playing seems so difficult. Both Pyhsiks seems to be real. Its nearly 20years ago I played real pinball (STTNG), nearly every bars had a pinball machine. For people, like me its almost impossible to play the game through all themes of table. The only Tables which I have reached the end was TOM or TOTAN in reall and virtuell. To reach a table end after playing over 20 minutes, the motivation is so great. Such gameplay in FP for Non-Profis like me millions of peoples woud play pinball. Arcade pinball and pinball FX or Dream Pinball makes the right thing - pinball easier playable for everyone. I think so. I hope I am not alone in my thinking. This could be the way make FP much populare than before.
I had so good feeling in FP tables Scared Stiff, and Twilight. STTNG is so difficult like real, If i remember. Too real physics are made for profils. I play FP over 6 years. I wisch so beautful features like Pinball Arcade or FX in FP.
Our programmers and designers for FP in this Forum are great masters and one of the best pinball makers of the world. I wish, they make gameplying so easy like in FX and FX2.

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:53 pm 

If the FP authors made the tables easier, then some would complain they are too easy. I love pinball FX 2 and will keep playing it, but I find one of the "imperfections" of it is that some of the tables seem too easy. one way you can get FP tables to play a little more like pinball FX 2 is to make the flippers a little longer, as the space between the flippers in pinball FX2 is rather short. It's very hard to lose the ball in Zen's game.

The best solution for a game like pinball FX 2 (and Pinball Arcade) is to offer a "casual" and "realistic" mode where for pinball FX2, they could make the flippers a little shorter for "realistic" mode :). For FP its harder to make a "casual" and "realistic" mode but everyone has the capability to make the game easier with the full access to the editor. You can easily add more balls and ... make those flippers longer ;)

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:20 pm 

again I might be dreaming this but I could have sworn you could change the difficulty levels (in the windows 8 version) but your scores wouldn't save if you made the modifications. I'll have to check that again to make sure. Maybe it was on the ipad version I saw it.

Post Posted: Fri May 17, 2013 2:30 pm 

Thanks for your minds. If i watch some players on youtube, l think - how do they keep the ball, the balls rolls like the player want. It looks so easy. I have the feeling the ball do that, what the player want. These player videos on youtube page of open6l, for example are so imposant. I could looking these every day und it makes hungry for more and more...
Maybe I need every day a hard training to be sooo good :lol:
In Theater of magic, i think if you keep in time to the music, the playing is easy in i can realy relaxed play the game. Other tables I must fucus all my minds to the ball. In FP i need some more practise. I try to play the game so, how the creators made. I can do it too.

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball FX2