Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Twister
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:48 pm 

My problem with VP is that I can't get a DMD on monitor 3, no matter what I do. Cab version of Pinmame, special programs that promise to set the DMD position. Nothing. And when I've asked for help with it, I've been attacked for not reading sub-paragraph C of the sixth page of some random post I've never seen before.

FP I got working on my monitor setup in a few minutes with no difficulty.

Not all VP table look terrible, though - some of the more recent fullscreen stuff looks pretty good. FP and VP have developed different cultures around them - FP is more concerned with appearance and coolness, VP is more concerned with accurate reproduction. In most cases FP plays fine and VP looks fine, too. Older VP tables tend to not look great, older FP tables tend to not play great. Table designers for both have come a long way. Redraws aren't rare anymore for VP, and most of the FP tables are more careful in their physics than in the past.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:05 pm 

Andurian - try the SetDMD tool from BigBoss. It allows you to preview the DMD location and then apply the setting globally to the registry.

http://thebigboss.org/arcade/setdmd.html

Post Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:38 pm 

open6l wrote:
Andurian - try the SetDMD tool from BigBoss. It allows you to preview the DMD location and then apply the setting globally to the registry.

http://thebigboss.org/arcade/setdmd.html

Tried it. Didn't work. :) :(

Thanks, though. :)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:53 am 

zedster wrote:
....I too have the problem others have mentioned with the ball becoming stuck at the top ramp beneath the truck....

Not sure how this became a VP vs FP thread, but I'm curious about getting this Twister table fixed as well in regards to the ball becoming stuck in the ramp just under the truck. 3 games in a row of this happening to me makes this table virtually unplayable. Can someone offer a suggestion to get this fixed?

Thanks...

Post Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:41 pm 

Need little more information:
Which Version FP.exe do you use
Table original or modified
Do you start table trough BAM
Graphic card
How are your frames/sec.
Which processor
So more details helps to find a solution for you

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:27 am 

I was curious so I just played a game and got the ball up the top ramp many times. Scored 90 mil and the ball never once got stuck below the truck/semi-trailer, whether it was travelling fast or slow. I was using BAM and the ZED version of Twister. GTX 760, 60 fps, Phenom II 3.4 gig quad core.

Then I tried the original non-ZED version of Twister with the stock standard FP, no BAM, and it was just the same. Ball going slow or fast through that ramp and it didn't get stuck, so I'm not sure why people are having troubles with it.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:57 am 

Only thing i can image for stuck trouble is a other FP Version. All twister tables work exzellent.
Again my thank at all people who was involved in this masterpiece recreation.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:05 pm 

Quick question about skillshot: is it scripted and possible to do?!
After some experiments with plunger setting (on default it shoots like canon) I managed to shot on correct trajectory (to the middle of spinning disc) but nothing happen...?!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:25 pm 

I had the ball getting stuck on ramp. I was able to nudge a few times but other times was not. I think I have fixed it. I played and went around the ramp probably 8 to 10 times and it didn't get stuck. This is what did. open the table in the editor turn all the layers off with the number keys on bottom left except for #7 (see pic) click on the ramp and on right side change the start height from 51 to 53mm. hit enter after typing number save and close table open table back up and verify change was saved. Play table! Hope this helps!

Sorry not sure how to upload pics

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:43 pm 

Umpa below the reply box I am typing in right now is a box for add pictures

Click choose file , then click add the file, then click submit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release