Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:34 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
BAM update:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/bam-setup.exe
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM_v1.4-257.zip
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/SetTextureDemo.fpt

1. In addons menu you can select "hide FP logo". This will hide logo in 5 seconds after game starts.
2. Ball/Flipper shadows should work on miniplayfields now.
3. Look at demo table. On top/left corrner you have 4 lights: flasher, bulb, light, shapeable light.
With keys on numpad you can:
- keys 7/8 - disable/enable selected light
- key 9 - select next light
- keys 4/5/6 - set unlit color
- keys 1/2/3 - set lit color
- for flasher and bulb you can use arrow keys to move it.

If you have in FP command xBAM.CreateAllExt it will create all "ext" version of flashers, bulbs, lights, shapeable lights.
On demo table i care only flasher0, bulb0, light0, slight0

Now you can:
- lightExt.GlowRadius = x
Change glow radius, set to 0 to remove glow. (On demo table i change glow radius every frame, but you don't have to do it
every frame).

- lightExt.SetLitColor red, green, blue
Set Lit color (any time in script)

- lightExt.SetUnlitColor red, green, blue
Set Unlit color (any time in script)

- lightExt.SetPosition x, y, z - move light (only flasher and bulb)

- lightExt.DetachLight = True - only for flasher, you can set light source position, but you will not move flasher model.

Rav,

I was needing some help on the glow radius of flashers. When I set the glow radius to 5, the flasher has a small bright spot at the center. When I set it to 50, the flashers looks like it has something that diffuses the light sort of like a lens and the bright spot at the center of the flasher is larger. However, a setting of 5 makes the playfield brighter than a setting of 50. I was expecting the playfield to be brighter with the 50 setting. Can you help me understand what is happening?

George

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:38 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

I was needing some help on the glow radius of flashers. When I set the glow radius to 5, the flasher has a small bright spot at the center. When I set it to 50, the flashers looks like it has something that diffuses the light sort of like a lens and the bright spot at the center of the flasher is larger. However, a setting of 5 makes the playfield brighter than a setting of 50. I was expecting the playfield to be brighter with the 50 setting. Can you help me understand what is happening?

George

Please make screenshots and compare color values in any graphics program (paint?).

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:58 pm 

Ravarcade...would it be possible to have an option to turn off ALL HUD Overlay and HUD DMD items for cabinet users....similar to how you hide the FP Logo? This would be VERY handy for most tables out there.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:08 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

George

Please make screenshots and compare color values in any graphics program (paint?).

OK what I said originally is not right. The glow radius makes the flasher perform much differently than it has in the past. I have 4 nanoflashers in use on the screen shots of my table, one has a glow radius of 5 and the other 50. You can easily see 2 of the flashers under the surface on either side of the flippers on the version with glow radius set to 50:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/knp63vd9z4sv ... yhlra?dl=0

I suppose my difficulty is the flashers perform a lot differently than they ever have before. The flasher performs more like a bulb with this option. Without using this glow radius option, the bleed through does not occur through surfaces.

I usually get the effects I want on the nanoflashers by changing the Luminosity setting on the color to make a flasher lighter or darker. I will try discontinuing the glow radius option and switch to the color changing option.

I don't suppose anything is wrong. It just didn't work the way I anticipated. I suppose no one can place flashers under a surface because the light from it will bleed through even if you use the "Send to back" option on the flasher.

George

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:18 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
ravarcade wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

George

OK what I said originally is not right. The glow radius makes the flasher perform much differently than it has in the past. I have 4 nanoflashers in use on the screen shots of my table, one has a glow radius of 5 and the other 50. You can easily see 2 of the flashers under the surface on either side of the flippers:

I suppose my difficulty is the flashers perform a lot differently than they ever have before. The flasher performs more like a bulb with this option. Without using this glow radius option, the bleed through does not occur through surfaces.

I usually get the effects I want on the nanoflashers by changing the Luminosity setting on the color to make a flasher lighter or darker. I will try discontinuing the glow radius option and switch to the color changing option.

I don't suppose anything is wrong. It just didn't work the way I anticipated. I suppose no one can place flashers under a surface because the light from it will bleed through.

George

The "glow radius" only affects the visual glow of the 2d lights...for things like bulbs, flashers, inserts,etc.... The glow isn't a "real" light that affects anything else. It's basically a flat 2d image similar to an overlay that is self lit.

The actual light and "center glow" of nano flashers or hardware lights aren't affected by glow radius. They are two completely separate things.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:52 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
The glow radius makes the flasher perform much differently than it has in the past. I have 4 nanoflashers in use on the screen shots of my table, one has a glow radius of 5 and the other 50. You can easily see 2 of the flashers under the surface on either side of the flippers on the version with glow radius set to 50:

I don't suppose anything is wrong. It just didn't work the way I anticipated. I suppose no one can place flashers under a surface because the light from it will bleed through even if you use the "Send to back" option on the flasher.

George

Well.... things get complicated now.

First, to change color and glow radius i did not add any draw commands. I'm changing only values if FP object. All draws are done by FP.
So, i'm very surprised.

George, here is simple table with one flasher and one surface. This table don't use any BAM extension, so you can just load it into pure FP (without BAM).
I was unamble to remove flasher default halo from that surface (in FP without BAM). You are tealing me, that you can do this and this is broken with BAM glow.
Please show me how to do this.

https://www.ravarcade.pl/debug/flasher-test.fpt.

.... and to make things clear. With current BAM version you can set glow radius = 0. This will completly remove glow from flasher.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:37 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
...Please show me how to do this. ...

I am really not trying to fool you. You are right that a normal flasher will bleed through a surface. I discovered it has something to do with the way nanoflashers work. Anyway I took your table and added 4 nanoflashers. The two on the left are just 2 normal nanoflashers, one being under the surface and the one above is exposed. The two flashers on the right have a glow radius of 50. There is no bleed through of the normal nanoflashers but the ones with the glow radius of 50 bleed through and look much different.

I did finally figure out how to set up the lighting on my table using the color change option on the nanoflashers. I put a copy of it with your table. I am not finished with it yet so you need to start a game with 1 and then 5 and then press the Special1 key 4 times to see the lighting options.

George

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:36 pm 

First many thanks Rav for the constant improvement, last color change on lights are awesome

I think that the thing is with the halo size I belive that the bleed through still happen, the change is on the size.

Here are some test I have made with diferent glow radious, you can see that with 1 you still see the bleed through

Attachment:
glasglow.jpg

Also tried the GeorgeH, if you change your surface to black you can see much clear the bleed through

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:14 pm 

The "halo" will always pass through surfaces....this is a known FP issue.

I just want to emphasize... the "glow radius" changing is only a visual of the "look" of the glow...not the actual light (in the case of a hardware flasher).

The "glow radius" (the halo / lens flare) and the center "core / glow" of a hardware flasher (that is only affected by the Main Light size) are completely different! The center glow of a hardware flashers is also reflected on the playfield and cabinet sides. Adjusting the "Light size" of the main light will make that center core glow go bigger or smaller....but that affects ALL hardware flashers.

Hardware Flashers "can" adjust their size and light area...but that is automatically handled by FP. I'm not sure if Rav can directly allow us to adjust that....and if so on a individual flasher basis? It would be amazing if he could do that.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:26 am 

I am satisfied. I used the color changing option on my latest table and I used a lot fewer flashers. On Jurassic Park, I used 3 nanoflashers in each of 5 locations for a total of 15 nanoflashers. I switched the nanoflashers on and off so that only 5 nanoflashers were on at one time. On my latest table, I have 5 locations also but I only needed 5 nanoflashers because I just changed the color of the flasher in each location. It works just as well as using more flashers.

The glow radius didn't seem to work very well with the nanoflashers but it appears to work very nicely with other flashers. In fact, this is the first time we can adjust the glow radius on a flasher at all! You can set the glow radius so high that i am sure you will be able to achieve the brightness that you want.

The code is really simple. A novice can do it. The first line of code below only needs to be added to the table one time. The code for the flasher is saved below also. The part of the code in yellow is the name of the flasher and the blue part has the values you can change. This same code is supposed to work for any light. I have only tried it with flashers so far.

xBAM.CreateAll

Flasher2Ext.GlowRadius = 50
Flasher5Ext.SetLitColor 215, 210, 213

I used the code for the lit flasher. I didn't need to change the unlit color so I set it up in the FP editor but there is a code for unlit color also if you want it.

The first line of code above will result in an error if you add it to a table that uses the old dynamic flipper code. To make it work right, just delete these lines of code:

Set RightFlipperExt = xBAM.Flipper("RightFlipper")
Set LeftFlipperExt = xBAM.Flipper("LeftFlipper")

If you have more than 2 flippers, delete it for all flippers.

You can delete these dims also but it will still work without deleting them:

Dim RightFlipperExt,LeftFlipperExt

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2061 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 201, 202, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner