Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 225  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:04 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
BAM Update v.254

3. DispDMD & HudDMD.
With dispDMD1Ext (an Ext object for "dispDMD1") you can:
- dispDMD1Ext.SetMatrixColor red, green, blue - change color of DMD (same way as in FP editor) any time in script.
- dispDMD1Ext.SetBackgroundMatrixColor red, green, blue - change color of image from image list displayed on DMD... and yes, it may be different color.
- dispDMD1Ext.SetMatrixBaseColor red, green, blue - change color of DMD outside dots. Default value in FP is 51, 0, 0.
- dispDMD1Ext.FullColorBackground[/b] = True/False - you can make image from image list displayed on DMD full color.

With hudDMD1Ext (an Ext object for "hudDMD1") you can:
- hudDMD1Ext .SetMatrixColor red, green, blue - change color of DMD (same way as in FP editor) any time in script.
- hudDMD1Ext .FullColorBackground[/b] = True/False - you can make image from image list displayed on DMD full color.
But, you can't change SetBackgroundMatrixColor or SetMatrixBaseColor like you do it for DispDMD

- xBAM.SetDefaultMatrixBaseColor red, green, blue - change color of DMD outside dots for ALL DMD, Hud & Disp. So, for HudDMD you can change this MatrixBaseColor, but it will change ALL DMDs, not only one selected.

Link to demo table:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/DmdExtDisplayDemo.fpt
Use keys: F,G,H,J,K,L, on numpad: 7,8,9, 4,5,6, 1,2,3, 0, .(comma)

I have been experimenting with the above listed BAM change today. I have found that there is something in it for novices that like to tweak stuff. You can add this one line of code to the script almost anywhere but suggest you add it to a blank line directly below the line that says "Option Explicit" in the script. It changes the background color of all the DMDs on the table from the default RGB value which Rav says is 51, 0, 0:

xBAM.SetDefaultMatrixBaseColor 25, 0, 0

You can set it to a solid black (RGB 0, 0, 0) but I have found it darkens the DMD too much. An RGB of 25, 0, 0 works well on orange and red DMDs. It makes the DMD look sharper. I haven't tried it on other colors of DMDs but you may want to experiment by using a darker RGB of the same color as the DMD.

You can just add this one line of code to the script and you don't need to add any other code to the script to make it work. ...So a novice that knows nothing about coding can do it. The only trouble you can get into is if you set the RGB too bright so it washes out everything on the DMD and displays a solid bright color.

George

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:32 am 

I thought my new video series on my Youtube channel might interest you guys. I'm sure I missed some things, but I plan on doing more specific videos after since the run time on this was long. I also did this all on the fly by memory... but I hope this helps get the word out more about FP and BAM's awesome new updates!

Finally! The Virtual Pinball "Software" Essentials videos for Future Pinball - PART 1, 2 and 3

Future Pinball may be 11 years old now...but that hasn't stopped it from getting better and better.... thanks to Ravarcade's BAM (Better Arcade Mode).

Today, Future Pinball looks much better, plays much better and has loads of new features that table authors and players can use. The potential has barely been tapped into.

This topic has A LOT of content, and I can't cover everything in one video (there's more coming)...but I cover the entire spectrum to give you all the basics so you understand what everything is and how it works. You will be up and running with Future Pinball, BAM, tables, and DMDs the right way... the FIRST time!

BOOKMARKS:

Intro - 0:01
Install Future Pinball - 2:34
Install BAM - 3:58
BAM Head Tracking Demos - 5:13
If you see this dork on the street.... RUN! - 5:44
Install BAM OpenVR 8:02
Remove Watermark, restrictions, etc (modified Future Pinball.exe) - 9:17
FutureDMD, FPIntercept - 15:39
Exclusive Fullscreen vs Borderless Windowed - 17:35
How to Force Borderless Windowed Mode - 19:18
Functions of Files and Folders - 21:36
BAM: how basic physics works with xml files - .22:04
Future Pinball's FANTASTIC Manual - 30:30
Libraries Folder - 30:52
Scripts Folder - 33:42
Tables Folder - 34:55

https://youtu.be/XKtkJZZDOTs

BOOKMARKS:

Editor and Options - 0:29
Table demonstration (Robots Invasion) - 1:06
DISABLE "Load Images Into Table Editor" - 3:56
Game Keys and Controls - 5:04
Manual Ball Roller - 7:03
Video and Rendering Options - 11:18
Arcade Mode, When you DO and DON'T use it - 16:04
Script Editor - 21:27
HUD DMDs and HUD Overlays - 23:07
FP Lighting vs BAM New Renderer Lighting - 29:56
FP Lighting Demo - Star Trek (Stern) (Ultimate) - 32:01
BAM New Renderer Lighting Demo - Star Trek (Stern) (Ultimate PRO) - 33:45
BAM Menu and Settings - 37:53

https://youtu.be/Ie-XLeG2p8Y

BOOKMARKS:

DOFLinx and Pinup Player - 0:21
PuP-Pack Demo - JAWS Ultimate PRO - 3:50
NO Roms - 9:51
Cabinets and Arcade Mode - 12:39
Post Processing with Light Presets - 21:39
BAM Mini-Playfield example - Star Trek Space Battle - 23:35
Website for Tables and Communities - 26:36
SLAMT1LT's Pinball Emporium - 27:06
SLAMT1LT's Youtube Channel - 29:31
VPU, VPinball, VPForums, IR Pinball - 31:01
PinSimDB and GoPinball - 32:52
Closing Thoughts - 37:11

https://youtu.be/R0e1V_3oqcc

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:29 pm 

Thanks Terry!

I don't have a pincab so my guides have always been lacking on Future DMD and I always check "Full Screen". It is nice to have a more complete guide and most people seem to prefer video to a written guide.

One point of clarity on the 800 object limit. The Zed version that allows you to exceed the 800 object limit is really only needed by table developers. Once the table developer manages to save a table that exceeds 800 objects, the table can then be played on any version of FP without any problems. I guess Chris figured that if he prevented table developers from adding more than 800 objects that there would be no need for code to prevent someone from playing a table with more than 800 objects because such tables wouldn't exist.

I tested this out pretty thoroughly on a table mod where I added more than 800 objects. I intentionally posted it without telling anyone that I exceeded 800 objects and I didn't get a single complaint about not being able to play the table.

Also, the increased RAM handling of the "64 bit" Zed version of FP is not really as useful as it once was because Rav fixed a huge memory leak with BAM that plagued FP since it was created. It is a good thing because I remember you or someone saying the the Zed version doesn't work on front end programs.

George

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:02 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Thanks Terry!

I don't have a pincab so my guides have always been lacking on Future DMD and I always check "Full Screen". It is nice to have a more complete guide and most people seem to prefer video to a written guide.

One point of clarity on the 800 object limit. The Zed version that allows you to exceed the 800 object limit is really only needed by table developers. Once the table developer manages to save a table that exceeds 800 objects, the table can then be played on any version of FP without any problems. I guess Chris figured that if he prevented table developers from adding more than 800 objects that there would be no need for code to prevent someone from playing a table with more than 800 objects because such tables wouldn't exist.

I tested this out pretty thoroughly on a table mod where I added more than 800 objects. I intentionally posted it without telling anyone that I exceeded 800 objects and I didn't get a single complaint about not being able to play the table.

Also, the increased RAM handling of the "64 bit" Zed version of FP is not really as useful as it once was because Rav fixed a huge memory leak with BAM that plagued FP since it was created. It is a good thing because I remember you or someone saying the the Zed version doesn't work on front end programs.

George

Yah, I haven't tested Zed on my cabinet yet recently... but I did find it needed for loading some tables with "Load images in editor" if i wanted to see some images to export. No other file would work. I've had good luck on my desktop with it so far...but it still doesn't show any texture images used on a DMD. Originally the issue with Zed was with DOFLinx. So far its been working on my desktop nicely with DOFLinx and PuP-Packs...but haven't tried it yet on my cabinet.

I assume the Zed file plays exactly the same as any other EXE as long as you have an xml or dynamic physics added to the table script?

I agree with the object limit only needed for authors. I ran into that when doing some DOFLinx mods way back when I couldn't add Timers to a table because the table already was maxed out. After I added the extra Timers, I also confirmed the table would still work for users of the original FP exe.

Up until I played around with pup-packs on FP desktop (which required Borderless Windowed)...I always had Full Screen enabled (you still use that on a cabinet).

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:17 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
I assume the Zed file plays exactly the same as any other EXE as long as you have an xml or dynamic physics added to the table script?

I have not experienced any problems using the Zed version and it interfaces with BAM as well as any of the FP exe files, including xml and dynamic physics.

There are one or 2 exe files that deleted the play debug mode, but I think Zed keeps it. I am not sure what the thought process was behind deleting it.

Maybe I should update my posting on PinSimDB where the exe files are posted to recommend one or two of them. It was difficult to find all of them. Some were posted with specific tables. It is what I used to create all the XML files that Rav includes now in the installation files.

TerryRed wrote:
Up until I played around with pup-packs on FP desktop (which required Borderless Windowed)...I always had Full Screen enabled (you still use that on a cabinet).

I take it you finished the Jaws pup pack for desktop? I would like to try it. Is there a guide for desktop pup packs? I haven't made it threw all your videos yet. I guess I will have to figure out the way to do the full screen uncheck mode. I have never done it any other way.

It looks like you are using desktop more. Have you tried my guide on creating short cuts? It makes it so you don't need a front end program and pretty nice to just double click on a FPT file to play it to test a change:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5653

George

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:24 pm 

That's where I'm progressing to. I need to do a DOFLinx video (you need it as well). Then I need to do a pup setup video for desktop and a specific one for FP desktop.

Once I'm done all the videos needed, then I'll finalize the PuP-Pack and upload it.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:30 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
ravarcade wrote:
BAM Update v.254

3. DispDMD & HudDMD.
With dispDMD1Ext (an Ext object for "dispDMD1") you can:
- dispDMD1Ext.SetMatrixColor red, green, blue - change color of DMD (same way as in FP editor) any time in script.
- dispDMD1Ext.SetBackgroundMatrixColor red, green, blue - change color of image from image list displayed on DMD... and yes, it may be different color.
- dispDMD1Ext.SetMatrixBaseColor red, green, blue - change color of DMD outside dots. Default value in FP is 51, 0, 0.
- dispDMD1Ext.FullColorBackground[/b] = True/False - you can make image from image list displayed on DMD full color.

With hudDMD1Ext (an Ext object for "hudDMD1") you can:
- hudDMD1Ext .SetMatrixColor red, green, blue - change color of DMD (same way as in FP editor) any time in script.
- hudDMD1Ext .FullColorBackground[/b] = True/False - you can make image from image list displayed on DMD full color.
But, you can't change SetBackgroundMatrixColor or SetMatrixBaseColor like you do it for DispDMD

- xBAM.SetDefaultMatrixBaseColor red, green, blue - change color of DMD outside dots for ALL DMD, Hud & Disp. So, for HudDMD you can change this MatrixBaseColor, but it will change ALL DMDs, not only one selected.

Link to demo table:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/DmdExtDisplayDemo.fpt
Use keys: F,G,H,J,K,L, on numpad: 7,8,9, 4,5,6, 1,2,3, 0, .(comma)

I have been experimenting with the above listed BAM change today. I have found that there is something in it for novices that like to tweak stuff. You can add this one line of code to the script almost anywhere but suggest you add it to a blank line directly below the line that says "Option Explicit" in the script. It changes the background color of all the DMDs on the table from the default RGB value which Rav says is 51, 0, 0:

xBAM.SetDefaultMatrixBaseColor 25, 0, 0

You can set it to a solid black (RGB 0, 0, 0) but I have found it darkens the DMD too much. An RGB of 25, 0, 0 works well on orange and red DMDs. It makes the DMD look sharper. I haven't tried it on other colors of DMDs but you may want to experiment by using a darker RGB of the same color as the DMD.

You can just add this one line of code to the script and you don't need to add any other code to the script to make it work. ...So a novice that knows nothing about coding can do it. The only trouble you can get into is if you set the RGB too bright so it washes out everything on the DMD and displays a solid bright color.

George

Thanks George, tryed this on Nightmare on Elm Street 1.06, a lot clearer. And thankyou ravarcade. :D

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:30 am 

BAM update:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/bam-setup.exe
https://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM_v1.4-257.zip
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/SetTextureDemo.fpt

1. In addons menu you can select "hide FP logo". This will hide logo in 5 seconds after game starts.
2. Ball/Flipper shadows should work on miniplayfields now.
3. Look at demo table. On top/left corrner you have 4 lights: flasher, bulb, light, shapeable light.
With keys on numpad you can:
- keys 7/8 - disable/enable selected light
- key 9 - select next light
- keys 4/5/6 - set unlit color
- keys 1/2/3 - set lit color
- for flasher and bulb you can use arrow keys to move it.

If you have in FP command xBAM.CreateAllExt it will create all "ext" version of flashers, bulbs, lights, shapeable lights.
On demo table i care only flasher0, bulb0, light0, slight0

Now you can:
- lightExt.GlowRadius = x
Change glow radius, set to 0 to remove glow. (On demo table i change glow radius every frame, but you don't have to do it
every frame).

- lightExt.SetLitColor red, green, blue
Set Lit color (any time in script)

- lightExt.SetUnlitColor red, green, blue
Set Unlit color (any time in script)

- lightExt.SetPosition x, y, z - move light (only flasher and bulb)

- lightExt.DetachLight = True - only for flasher, you can set light source position, but you will not move flasher model.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:49 am 

thanks Rav that is AWESOME !
truly amazing !

Post Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:48 am 

Colour changing lights...I didn't think it was possible :o . Fantastic job Rav. I can't wait to try them out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198, 199 ... 225  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner