Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198 ... 225  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:02 pm
Posts: 302
Amazing work Ravarcade! Love all the improvements you make to FP!

-mark


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 2859
Location: Ontario, Canada
Here's a demo table for custom balls:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pd2d83b51pq8j ... 6.fpt?dl=0

It seems to work pretty well.

Goals:
1. Define default ball texture
2. Ball transformations when hitting objects (in this case the slingshots)
3.Ball transformations in multiball modes
4.return to default after multiball
5.table texture changes based on current ball texture ( can apply sounds, music or whatever based on current ball texture...)

One Goal remaining:
Is there a code to change all balls on the table. If 5 balls on the tables , swap there textures all at once with single command


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 2859
Location: Ontario, Canada
Gimli wrote:
Here's a demo table for custom balls:
It seems to work pretty well.

One Goal remaining:
Is there a code to change all balls on the table. If 5 balls on the tables , swap there textures all at once with single command


And the answer is yes...thanks Rav

With this code:

Code:
' ==================== Empty For Each Ball Template ===========================
' Global variable is used to pass param (new name for every ball on table)
Dim nameForAllBalls

' This function is called every time, xBAM.EnumBall is executed.
Sub EnumBallsCallback(ball)
   ball.Name = nameForAllBalls
End Sub

Sub SetAllBallsNames(newBallName)
   nameForAllBalls = newBallName
   xBAM.EnumBalls 100, 0, "EnumBallsCallback"

   ' Here is description what we do:
   ' 1. We store newBallName in global variable nameForAllBalls, because EnumBallsCallback have access only to global variables
   ' 2. We call DrawFrameTick() and BAM will call EnumBallsCallback for every ball on table
End Sub


To set all balls on the table to say the GoldBall I then had to do was this:
Code:
SetAllBallsNames(GoldBall)



Here is the updated demo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/621lo0yu9odgh ... s.fpt?dl=0


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm
Posts: 536
Ravarcade...

Is there a way we can change the "RED" DMD background colour? That only shows up when using BAM...and for DMDs that use colour other than red-ish colours, it doesn't look as nice as the original colours.

Could we either have an option to keep original colours, or maybe have it match the DMD's colour (but be much darker)...or maybe we can choose the colour ourselves per game?


Here's an example.... the MOTU DMD is normally very Purple... but the re'ish DMd shades makes it look totally different and not so good compared to how it normally looks.

If there was also a way to fixe the size / aspect ratio of the DMD's to work properly in 16:9 screens that would also be awesome. We can fix Overlay ourselves...but not the DMds since they are fixed in size.


....and before GeorgeH and Gimil ask... I was messing around with the DOFLinx version of my Mastered Mod to see how quickly I could add my pup-pack to it. Since the DOFLinx code was already there it took like 20 mins! Then I decided to replace the TEXT and overlay images used in game too. Nice that FP uses TGA... so I was able to add the overlay with full alpha blend shadows. Something I can't do in pinup player (i bake the shadows into the videos for pup)

So you are seeing my pup-pack playing on the left and right...but the backglass in-game is updated. Eventually I want to completely update the table with your fixes and other BAM modernizations as well as completely re-do the inserts so we can have proper BAM shadowmaps and hardware Gi lighting (aka slamt1lt style)....

...but not until get more free time.

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2523
Location: Arkansas, USA
Terry,

It seems like item 3 of this post should do it but I have never used it:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopi ... 069#p93069

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm
Posts: 536
GeorgeH wrote:
Terry,

It seems like item 3 of this post should do it but I have never used it:

viewtopic.php?nomobile=f=55&t=6587&p=93069#p93069

George


Holy crap did I miss some stuff while I was gone on course for 4 months!

Rav, you are amazing!

Yes, George that would do it for the colours!...and cool that you can change it up via script!


Here's a BIG one!


Is it possible to change up the "colour" if the Global Lighting? Imagine changing that up tp RED for a scary event...etc..


That said...being able to change up Flashers or inserts to different colours via script (without using mini-playfields,etc) would make for some very cool effects.


All these new changes have been running fine for me. No noticeable performance changes... in my cabinet, desktop, or VR!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2523
Location: Arkansas, USA
TerryRed wrote:
Is it possible to change up the "colour" if the Global Lighting? Imagine changing that up tp RED for a scary event...etc..


I don't think we can do it yet. Rav added an "Ambient Light" to the shadow map option so he might be able to change the color of it.

TerryRed wrote:
That said...being able to change up Flashers or inserts to different colours via script (without using mini-playfields,etc) would make for some very cool effects.


You can do something like that without Rav's help. You can just add more than one flasher to the locations where you want to change colors. Just set each flasher to different colors and turn them on and off in the script. You have to use more than one flasher but it produces the same effect. ...Or else I don't understand what you are asking. I'm not sure what you mean by inserts.

Francisco created an invisible flasher for me that I used on Funhouse and DarkQuest if you would like to use it. It is a little difficult to move around so I set it up using a normal nanoflasher and switch to the invisible one before I use it.

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm
Posts: 536
GeorgeH wrote:
TerryRed wrote:
Is it possible to change up the "colour" if the Global Lighting? Imagine changing that up tp RED for a scary event...etc..


I don't think we can do it yet. Rav added an "Ambient Light" to the shadow map option so he might be able to change the color of it.

TerryRed wrote:
That said...being able to change up Flashers or inserts to different colours via script (without using mini-playfields,etc) would make for some very cool effects.


You can do something like that without Rav's help. You can just add more than one flasher to the locations where you want to change colors. Just set each flasher to different colors and turn them on and off in the script. You have to use more than one flasher but it produces the same effect. ...Or else I don't understand what you are asking. I'm not sure what you mean by inserts.

Francisco created an invisible flasher for me that I used on Funhouse and DarkQuest if you would like to use it. It is a little difficult to move around so I set it up using a normal nanoflasher and switch to the invisible one before I use it.

George


My thoughts were that hopefully we can just change the RGB value on the fly via script was the main idea. For any light...not just flashers or inserts. My mind is thinking along the lines of modern pins where they change any light to any colour...and you can do some cool colour cycling.

I've seen Gimil's examples with flashers.... i was just hoping there could be a scriptable option to change the RGB numerical value in script. There are some good examples of colour cycling on some VPX tables I've done DOF for.

Inserts are the lights inside the playfield wood itself. The ones with the "jewels". This is the one area sadly that FP really lacks features on. You can't have image based lights be self-luminose. Their visibility is based on the Global Lighting. On pre-BAM days this didn't matter since the Global Lighting was always the same.

That's why you see SLAM not using the image based lights from the old Jaws tables.... as they won't be visible enough with modern realistic lighting. So he uses the glow radius and jewel to light as much as possible...and then use a stencil decal on top of that. Its the best workaround we've got. I planned on doing similar to some tables at some point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2523
Location: Arkansas, USA
Maybe Rav can change it the way you want. I can't say I have seen any videos of tables where the inserts can change color but it is probably possible on new tables. LEDs are being used on new tables and they are capable of changing color.

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm
Posts: 536
GeorgeH wrote:
Maybe Rav can change it the way you want. I can't say I have seen any videos of tables where the inserts can change color but it is probably possible on new tables. LEDs are being used on new tables and they are capable of changing color.

George


Ever since WOZ came about years ago...almost all new pins have colour changing inserts and flashers. It's been pretty much standard now for years.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2245 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197, 198 ... 225  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
cron