Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:44 am 

Hi Gimli
Had a look. Using magnets doesn't work for me, and you reversed them. Using as a example, at contact point .3 the ball should head far more to the right on a cradled ball and a quick flick and then move more vertical at .4 and beyond. (Remember, bally flippers which has a far more sensitive base while Williams had a more sensitive tip of the flippers)

I instead had a idea of modifying my blues flippers by using it to "push" the ball more vertically. Trying it out now, the only problem right now is getting the smaller flipper to move a lot faster, as the angle sweep is a lot more than before. It sort of works, but a lot of code to work out yet.

Because I am no longer on the internet and have such limited time, I lost the place here that gave a example for setting acceleration charts for each individual flipper, so if you know where it is or have code could you post here. This would be a simple fix until the time Rav gives us the code we need to manually adjust the Ball angle and speed on the fly, so we can hard code ball behavior as we need it to make some of these tricks doable without weird solutions that really shouldn't work.

If you dont know, fine. I've a second solution that's even more half-assed. It will be a far more consistent shot than your magnets, and it wont have the ball speeding up while doing it. It wont look right, but hopefully it should do what I want it to do

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 183, 184, 185, 186, 187

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner