Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jurassic Park
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:06 pm 

A new very appreciated version !!!

Thanks a lot, rom and francisco.

Momoch

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:32 am 

Nicely done. I especially like the "modbyrom" version. The new plastics in it are amazing. I was wandering if the game play in the "modbyrom" is the same as the other versions in the package.

By the way, I noticed that after tri-ball the T. Rex doesn't ever bend over to pick up the ball again for the duration of the game. I'm not sure if it is supposed to work that way or not.

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:44 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
Nicely done. I especially like the "modbyrom" version. The new plastics in it are amazing. I was wandering if the game play in the "modbyrom" is the same as the other versions in the package.

By the way, I noticed that after tri-ball the T. Rex doesn't ever bend over to pick up the ball again for the duration of the game. I'm not sure if it is supposed to work that way or not.

George

Thanks, in name of ROM :lol:

And about T-Rex, thats the way it work. Some pinball machines have a feature that only appear one time, and never again for the rest of the game, like instructions of what to do, I think that this is to bore regular players

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:08 pm 

Thanks, in name of ROM :lol:

And about T-Rex, thats the way it work. Some pinball machines have a feature that only appear one time, and never again for the rest of the game, like instructions of what to do, I think that this is to bore regular players[/quote]

I presume that all the tables in the package are identical except for the graphics. Is this true?

George

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:39 am 

Hey I tried the modbyrom version yesterday and holy Cow, now THAT is about as perfect a TRex model as you could get, I mean WOW. The entire table just looks great and I do love that shaker effect. Great job all who worked on this, most important comment I can provide: it's a lot of fun to play .

Question: I agree the TRex only shows once on the real table, but is there an option in the script I can set to enable it to show the animation every time? If it a difficult adjustment for you Francisco, don't worry about it, is is great as is, but I know at Christmas time at our party, the kids playing it won't tire of it so if its easy to adjust, cool, if not, no biggy too.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:55 pm 

I'm here replying to an old post, I know, but I'm looking for some help. I have to be honest and admit I didn't feel like reading thru 15 pages of the thread, so I'm hoping someone still active in the community will see this and help me out.

The issue is that my fps for this table drop to about 40 and the ball stutters only after it hits the bumpers. I have already gone in the script and changed the shakethePF to false in its 2 places in the script, because before I did that it would take forever to recover. should I also comment out, or change the "shakeit" values or commands in the script?

I must admit, my PC is a little dated (Home build from about 2010) but has modest hardware for when it was built (win 10 x64, 12gb ram, nvidia gtx 460 se) however, this is one of the only tables that gives me troubles. All the others I've pretty much eliminated the lag or stuttering with Georges setup guide, video/rendering settings, nvidia control panel settings, and using Zeds 64 bit FP.exe

Any advice here on what I should do to make this table run smoothly would be great as Jurassic Park is honestly my favorite movie and this would definitely be a top table for me

Thanks in advance!

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:33 pm 

I pretty much listed about every trick I could think of in my guide to reduce resources on Step 12 here:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

I think you have read it though so you already know my tricks. ...But I opened the JP table and I think that probably the thing that demands a lot of resources is the huge model of the giant raptor in the game room. It is pretty cool but you only see part of it when you open the table. So I think the first thing you should try is to delete it. It is probably the least painful thing you can do at this point if you have tried everything in my guide.

You will need to zoom out quite a bit when you open the FP editor. Right click on the raptor and click on "Lock" which will unlock the object. Then just click on the raptor and press the delete key. Then save ad that is it. There is no need to delete the model from the model manager because it won't load if the model is not used.

It sounds like your PC is almost able to handle the table so deleting the raptor will probably be enough. You could delete some of the other models on the table but keep the T.Rex because you need it to play the table. Then there are 3 HD playfield textures...

I would start by deleting the raptor. Hopefully that will be enough.

George

Post Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:32 pm 

So removing the Raptor made no difference. What eliminated the lag and FPS drop was to go in the script and after the line "Sub Shakeit(SDuration)" I added a line that says "Exit Sub"

That basically disables all the shakeit commands, and the table runs fine. Does anyone know if the ShakeIt commands have any effect on a desktop table or is it moreso for cabinet setups? Since the table lags when its enabled I can't personally determine what the shakeit actually does.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:16 am 

OK. Never mind my previous post, the "Shakeit" code implements an effect that the author created in order to simulate an earthquake. The whole table is covered with a grid of wire guides that are invisible and are changed from uncollidable to collidable by the "Shakeit" code you disabled. You can manually start the effect by pressing "R" on your keyboard but you will have to reactivate the "Shakeit" code. I have noticed the frame rate on my PC goes down when the ball hits the bumpers also and I have a gaming PC.

I noticed that the "Execute" command is used to make the wire guides uncollidable and collidable when "Shakeit" runs. The execute command triggers your antivirus to scan the executable and uses a lot of CPU power to do it and causes the stuttering. You can try turning off the real time protection on your antivirus when you play this table. I tried it on my PC and it works.
One of the coders on the forum might be able to figure out a way to code it so the execute command is not used. Anyone out there?

As far as I know, there is no way to make a pinball cabinet on FP do something that you can't do an a desktop.

I haven't played this table in quite a while but this has gotten interested in it again.

George

Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:20 pm 

Thanks for looking into this in depth George. What is the actual file that executes when shakeit commences? Or is it the script itself thats being executed? Would it be possible to just add the table to the exceptions list so the antivirus never even bothers with a particular table? I suppose I can trial and error it myself, but thats great to know.

I haven't decided if my cab (once I build it) will be connected to the internet or not, or if I'll just use flash drives to transfer anything I need, but if I have no internet I really have no need for an antivirus anyways, so it may not matter down the line anyways. Although realistically, my cab build is going to take quite a while.

Speaking of gaming PCs, whats the hardware in your setup?

I've got a 9 yr old machine, but future proofed it when I built it as a Gaming PC, and actually just spent the week overclocking everything to make it run a little snappier.

I've got:
i7-950, OC'd to 4.011 GHz Stable
Asus p6x58d-e MOBO
12GB CAS9 RAM, Speed set to 1531 MHz
GTX 460 SE, OC'd to 800/1600/1900
Future Pinball is running off a regular HDD, but I have a SDD for my OS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release