Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post subject: VPX BAM headtracking tables scaling
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:53 pm 

Hi all

After setting up my cabinet with BAM+Kinect v2 (I can't thanks enough ravarcade for this!) I'm testing VPX BAM Headtracking.
After following https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-EpTp_3wKo and http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=91552#p91552 instructions, the VPX tables are successfully rendered with BAM Kinect v2 headtracking, but the table Y scale is very small and I can't find any scale setting in order to fit table in the screen. Please check these pictures:

Any ideas? I've read the changelog.txt file from the VPVR and says "Scaling of the table is now possible in VR settings" but change those values doesn't affect the table size.

Thanks in advance and regards.

Post subject: Re: VPX BAM headtracking tables scaling
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:42 pm 

Hi all. After several trial&error tests, I've found that the main problem is the monitor orientation. While in the Rafal Youtube's demo video shows that his monitor is in portrait mode -hence he doesn't needs to rotate the emulation-, mine is in landscape mode and rotated 270ยบ all emulation software.
After change the monitor to portrait mode in Windows and set rotation to 0 in all emulation software, tables are shown in VPX with headtracking at *almost* all screen, so it still left a few centimeters to fit the whole screen. It's more playable but still there is some room to improvement (and yes, I've tried debug mode with F6 but it doesn't work with headtracking tables)

Hope it helps while still researching to how to make the VPX headtracking fit as good as BAM Future Pinball. Cheers.

Last edited by leinfer on Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:34 pm 

Can you not adjust the video to fit your screen using BAM's "Static Cam" menu?

I don't have a pincab but it doesn't seem like it should make any difference if you set Windows to portrait and set FP to 0 degrees or use Windows landscape and set FP to 270 degrees. I guess it does though.

George

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:38 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
Can you not adjust the video to fit your screen using BAM's "Static Cam" menu?

I don't have a pincab but it doesn't seem like it should make any difference if you set Windows to portrait and set FP to 0 degrees or use Windows landscape and set FP to 270 degrees. I guess it does though.

George

Hi. There's no "Static Cam" menu in VPX like Future Pinball's BAM, or at least I couldn't find it. A 'Q' menu would be great, though.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:21 am 

Sorry, I missed reading "VPX" in your first post. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about VPX. You might send Ravarcade a private message.

George

Post Posted: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 pm 

Thanks GeorgeH, will do. After ten days, I'm starting to banging my head against the wall trying to make it works :?

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner