Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 ... 221  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:06 am 

I did reach out to him once but he never replied. If he wanted to come back he would, so I think we should leave him be. And hope one day someone with his particular set of skills will come forward and build us a new game engine - FP2 or FPX....although the latter is too close to VPX, which just sounds like a sex toy to me :lol:

But for now and for the foreseeable future, 12 year old Future Pinball is still leading the way.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:53 pm 

Oh...and btw... I think you just reached your original subscribers goal on your Youtube channel! Congrats!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:58 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
Oh...and btw... I think you just reached your original subscribers goal on your Youtube channel! Congrats!

Not quite...1148. But I've adandoned that goal now. I realised that my games are not as popular as I'd like them to be, so the motivation for me to continue producing them has now switched to donations.

I have to be honest with you, I'm really stuggling to keep my interest level this high. I love Future Pinball and I want many more people to share my enthusiasm, but as this site demonstrates, with it's appauling lack of activity....Future Pinball is on life support and so is my interest in continuing.

Having said that, I have received some donations so I will continue for now, but that won't last and then it's game over for ULTIMATE Pro pinball. Sad but inevitable at this stage. It's just too much work for such a small audience.

You have worked hard to spread the word and raise Future Pinball's profile and I thank you for that (and Runner). We all do.

I won't be coming back to this site again, it's actually a very depressing place to visit. Maybe it's the black colour, certainly it's a very lonely place to be with only bots to keep us few human visitors company.

My website is where I'll be from now on. If you or anyone else needs to contact me, you have my email address (it's on the Table Info screen on any of my games).

Keep the pilot light burning everyone!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:15 pm 

Rus,
The tide is turning don't dispare. Your perception is wrong...but I get it if you are hitting a wall...you've been burning the candle on both ends .

I am not sure who spammed you or private messaged you or whatever but don't let it deflate you.

I have marvelled at your productivity but was concerned about burnout and the personal cost.

You see the potential and have taken up the mantle and learned all the new BAM tricks
but a negative word can undo a thousand positive steps.

We are in your corner !
Got your back

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:51 pm 

SLAMT1LT wrote:
TerryRed wrote:

Not quite...1148. But I've adandoned that goal now. I realised that my games are not as popular as I'd like them to be, so the motivation for me to continue producing them has now switched to donations.

I have to be honest with you, I'm really stuggling to keep my interest level this high. I love Future Pinball and I want many more people to share my enthusiasm, but as this site demonstrates, with it's appauling lack of activity....Future Pinball is on life support and so is my interest in continuing.

Having said that, I have received some donations so I will continue for now, but that won't last and then it's game over for ULTIMATE Pro pinball. Sad but inevitable at this stage. It's just too much work for such a small audience.

You have worked hard to spread the word and raise Future Pinball's profile and I thank you for that (and Runner). We all do.

I won't be coming back to this site again, it's actually a very depressing place to visit. Maybe it's the black colour, certainly it's a very lonely place to be with only bots to keep us few human visitors company.

My website is where I'll be from now on. If you or anyone else needs to contact me, you have my email address (it's on the Table Info screen on any of my games).

Wow dude....you went from a very high level of excitement about learning to do new cool things, to an instant low.

Like Gimili said...not sure if someone said something...or you saw something from some salty VPX dudes... but you are doing some truly amazing stuff!

I'm sad to hear that you think your work isn't popular. I can assure you it is very very popular!

The number of subscribers you have on Youtube is not a good measuring factor at all. I can relate. I'll work on something for many weeks and post a video about it on my channel. It will get very few views. I'll then do a tutorial video that is just me talking for 30 mins to 1 hour...and it will gets 1000s of views within days. Views and subscribers doesn't equal interest in the good content I've learnt.

If your tables were on pinsimdb...you would see a very high number of downloads! It's simply where people are used to seeing all Future Pinball tables. Many people still don't know about your site. It takes time.

The more people that hear about your new work, and see it...the more interest I keep seeing from the communities I'm part of. I'm seeing new converts...and others who haven't touched FP in years...now going to your site to try out your tables. They are constantly saying they are impressed!

You've been out of the scene for years... so many people thought you would never release your tables. That is
a mindset that takes time to reverse. Once people see more of your work, they will come back for more. Again, it takes time.

As for the amount of activity on this site... yes it is pretty low compared to many other vp sites.... but take it from someone who is on all of them.... I would rather have a forum with small group of guys who have a passion for the same hobby, that show courtesy and respect for each other. It's much much better than all the crap you will see from some people at vpforums I'll tell you. More people doesn't equal better. Sometimes just a few good dudes is all you need.

I also think you are missing out by not coming here. Clearly you have learned about more new features with FP in the last 6 months, than you have in the last few years!

To create stuff in this hobby....you need to do it because YOU enjoy it for yourself...not simply for the praise from a large number of others. I have people telling me my work would get more downloads in VP. I don't care about that! I prefer FP, and that's what I like to play and make stuff for more. The smaller number of downloads for my FP work in comparison means nothing to me.

Sadly you will only actually "hear" the praise from a small group of people compared to how many who actually download and love your work.

Create tables for FP for yourself first... sharing them afterward is a gift to the community. The same kind of gift you, myself and others have gotten from all the other author's work out there. No one takes for granted the amount of work it takes. We know!

If it's a matter of time sacrificed for creating this stuff... take the time you need to do what you want, when you want. Take a break if needed. I'm the same way. The last 2 years I have barely done anything except VPin stuff. Get refreshed if needed...them come back to the community to touch base.

FP is part of who you are... it's no different than family. Sometimes you need to get away from it for a while...but family is always there for you. That is what a community is...even if it's a few dudes....and you are better off being a part of it instead of on your own.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:05 pm 

Well said Terry, I echo everything you said. With regard to this site , I actually have felt an major uptick in enthusiasm and we have new names popping up, and folks like DJ , Runner , Old school, Nitronimbus wading in. And the August visitor number at one time blew the record to smitherines greater than 500 at once !!
That's a lot of bots , Robots invasion lol

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:48 am 

Slam,

I agree with what both Terri and Gimli said. I do this FP stuff because I enjoy it and I feel like I accomplish something when I learn something new. Just today, I was updating "Creature from the Black Lagoon" and thinking how I was going to use Rav's new version of BAM to do the lighting. Although I do get a sense of accomplishment, it can become an obsession. I suggest you take breaks occasionally like Gimli does and do other things. I am sure it is not easy but you need to force yourself to take breaks. You took a really long break and when you came back, you overdid it. No one can keep the momentum going like you have lately.

That said, I can say that your tables really are wildly popular. You should post some tables on PinSimDB and watch the download counter.

I suppose I could say more but this is the gist of it,

George

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:53 am 

Hi Rav,
Mate thanks for the ball colour fix, works perfectly.
Much appreciated, cheers!

Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:47 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
SLAMT1LT wrote:
TerryRed wrote:

Wow dude....you went from a very high level of excitement about learning to do new cool things, to an instant low.

Like Gimili said...not sure if someone said something...or you saw something from some salty VPX dudes... but you are doing some truly amazing stuff!

I'm sad to hear that you think your work isn't popular. I can assure you it is very very popular!

The number of subscribers you have on Youtube is not a good measuring factor at all. I can relate. I'll work on something for many weeks and post a video about it on my channel. It will get very few views. I'll then do a tutorial video that is just me talking for 30 mins to 1 hour...and it will gets 1000s of views within days. Views and subscribers doesn't equal interest in the good content I've learnt.

If your tables were on pinsimdb...you would see a very high number of downloads! It's simply where people are used to seeing all Future Pinball tables. Many people still don't know about your site. It takes time.

The more people that hear about your new work, and see it...the more interest I keep seeing from the communities I'm part of. I'm seeing new converts...and others who haven't touched FP in years...now going to your site to try out your tables. They are constantly saying they are impressed!

You've been out of the scene for years... so many people thought you would never release your tables. That is
a mindset that takes time to reverse. Once people see more of your work, they will come back for more. Again, it takes time.

As for the amount of activity on this site... yes it is pretty low compared to many other vp sites.... but take it from someone who is on all of them.... I would rather have a forum with small group of guys who have a passion for the same hobby, that show courtesy and respect for each other. It's much much better than all the crap you will see from some people at vpforums I'll tell you. More people doesn't equal better. Sometimes just a few good dudes is all you need.

I also think you are missing out by not coming here. Clearly you have learned about more new features with FP in the last 6 months, than you have in the last few years!

To create stuff in this hobby....you need to do it because YOU enjoy it for yourself...not simply for the praise from a large number of others. I have people telling me my work would get more downloads in VP. I don't care about that! I prefer FP, and that's what I like to play and make stuff for more. The smaller number of downloads for my FP work in comparison means nothing to me.

Sadly you will only actually "hear" the praise from a small group of people compared to how many who actually download and love your work.

Create tables for FP for yourself first... sharing them afterward is a gift to the community. The same kind of gift you, myself and others have gotten from all the other author's work out there. No one takes for granted the amount of work it takes. We know!

If it's a matter of time sacrificed for creating this stuff... take the time you need to do what you want, when you want. Take a break if needed. I'm the same way. The last 2 years I have barely done anything except VPin stuff. Get refreshed if needed...them come back to the community to touch base.

FP is part of who you are... it's no different than family. Sometimes you need to get away from it for a while...but family is always there for you. That is what a community is...even if it's a few dudes....and you are better off being a part of it instead of on your own.

Thats a Shame, i actually found it hard to find your Youtube channel,does not come up under Slamtilt,found it because of Runners link. I think FP has a big future, its all about Exposure,make it easy for peaple to find your tables. Dont be so hard on yourself Slam,chinup.Cheers :D

Post Posted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:47 pm 

@Ravarcade

I think I am seeing a major bug with newest BAM.

The actual bug is noticeable when playing Jaws Ultimate Pro 1.06 or the new 1.07, whenever there are xBAM playfield texture swaps, the image is that of the Ball texture (or a garbled image) and not the intended playfield image. Using the older version of BAM with Jaws Ultimate Pro 1.06 does not have this problem (1.07 needs newest BAM to work since it uses new RGB lights).

You can see the bug easiest with Jaws U-Pro 1.07 when the ball drains and the red sling flashers go off (and the playfield normally changes to red). You'll see the image of the playfield texture is not correct when it changes.

This bug is only occurring when "Arcade Mode" is enabled in FP's Video and Rendering Options. You must have this enabled for cabinet 2 screen users or the table won't run correctly (videos and Timers will run too fast,etc). Using "Force Arcade Mode" isn't enough for 2 screen users, as the tables / videos / timers still won't work correctly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 199, 200, 201, 202, 203, 204, 205 ... 221  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner