Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 221  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:08 pm 

It is all I can do to stay ahead of the learning curve on all this new stuff. This change appears that i don't have to do anything but play a table.

...And our critics say we are not making any improvements!

GeorgeH

Post Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:12 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
It is all I can do to stay ahead of the learning curve on all this new stuff. This change appears that i don't have to do anything but play a table.

...And our critics say we are not making any improvements!

GeorgeH

Man...when I'm done with Jaws U-Pro PuP-Pack, and then LOTR pup-pack...and probably iron man PuP-Pack.... unless SLAM keeps me busy releasing new tables... this all makes me wanna update a bunch of classic tables to modern BAM standards.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:30 am 

TerryRed wrote:
Man...when I'm done with Jaws U-Pro PuP-Pack, and then LOTR pup-pack...and probably iron man PuP-Pack.... unless SLAM keeps me busy releasing new tables... this all makes me wanna update a bunch of classic tables to modern BAM standards.

Dynamic flippers are easy to add to any table. There are only 2 omega constants to adjust and you can just select one of the presets I have saved to the script of my tables for bounce control.

Custom physics is not too hard on tables that don't have ramps. I use Malifica's XML that you can get here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6173

Just set the table slope to 6.8 and adjust the 3 ball parameters if desired and you are done. Tables that have ramps can be more difficult especially if they have gates on them.

The lighting set up is pretty easy too. I got a little fancy on DarkQuest and provided 3 different light settings. But you really only need to press Ctrl "C" on the lighting panel to copy the settings to the clipboard and then pasted them into the script. Rav set it up so a subroutine is automatically created so you just paste it and you are good to go.

George

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:36 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
TerryRed wrote:

Dynamic flippers are easy to add to any table. There are only 2 omega constants to adjust and you can just select one of the presets I have saved to the script of my tables for bounce control.

Custom physics is not too hard on tables that don't have ramps. I use Malifica's XML that you can get here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6173

Just set the table slope to 6.8 and adjust the 3 ball parameters if desired and you are done. Tables that have ramps can be more difficult especially if they have gates on them.

The lighting set up is pretty easy too. I got a little fancy on DarkQuest and provided 3 different light settings. But you really only need to press Ctrl "C" on the lighting panel to copy the settings to the clipboard and then pasted them into the script. Rav set it up so a subroutine is automatically created so you just paste it and you are good to go.

George

Ah, so you are saying we can just for example setup a table like SLAM would and in BAM set the lighting correctly as "intended"... and then copy and paste that into BAM...and then have the table auto use those settings? Or give an option in th table script or a key,etc.... I think you mentioned thid before.

If so, then guys like SLAM should be integrating this into his table so users don't need to change settings ans the table will be "as intended" for lighting,etc.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:30 am 

Sure enough...that works perfect!

So SLAMT1LT.... if you are reading this... you really should be adding this to your tables scripts! No need to have anyone adjust anything for your intended lighting presets. You can make sure the Post Processing and lighting is set to the way you meant for the table to look!

Or as George says... be able to change up Day mode Night mode in real-time via buttons. Great feature for cabinet owners or VR users!

You can also have this stuff adjust in realtime via table events....timers...you name it!
This can make for some really cool effects for horror themed tables.... almost anything, really.

My dream table I want to do one day is a Silent Hill table... and I have some very cool ideas for that table that only FP can do!

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:35 am 

How does this work for priority with the user cfg though? Will the table script always override what is set in the user's cfg? If they adjust the Lighting settings and save it... would they need to disable this function to allow their own settings?

An easy way would around it I suppose would be to allow an option in the script at the top to disable the Presets in the script.

Can the rest of BAM's Camera, table size and position also be saved to the script somehow?

I'm thinking in terms of for example cabinet users. It would be nice to have a proper POV (Point of View) built into the table script so users don't need to mess around with those Camera and Table size, slope, position,etc settings in BAM if someone (or the author) has made a really good POV for the table in Arcade / Cabinet view.

Could those settings also be copied to the table script?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:33 am 

Table size and slope no.
POV yes.
Wild was the first to use scriptable desktop pov to zoom into the backglass during backglass playmode in his NES table. I have used it in the same way to play the DMD minigames in IJ and for panning around Table animation during attract mode in MB

Rav has enabled camera mode for cabs too, but it may be trickier as people's cab setting vary.
I removed it as an option in MB for this reason.

All the scriptable stuff can be given as options in a script based menu and choices can be saved to nvR 1-16

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:05 am 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qiyllutkai9i7 ... 4.fpt?dl=0

Ok, I am getting this figured out I think.....

Only one thing I can't make happen so far....
Is there a command to change the texture of all the balls on the table at once ?

"Rules of Demo table above"
1. When not in multiball ( ie only one ball on table)
Hitting the sling shots will change the ball type and textures to beachball, tennisball or Volleyball

2. Hitting the kickers will start " 3 - ball" multiball
Left kicker is Gold Multiball (All balls should change to gold)

Centre kicker is Black Multiball(All balls should change to black)

Right kicer is Copper Multiball(All balls should change to copper)

3. After hitting drain if only one ball left then ball should switch back to Beachball which is the default

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:28 am 

TerryRed wrote:
How does this work for priority with the user cfg though? Will the table script always override what is set in the user's cfg? If they adjust the Lighting settings and save it... would they need to disable this function to allow their own settings?

Only the lighting settings are changed. The rest of the cfg stuff remains the same. The end user can change the lighting to whatever they want and the settings are overridden.

The idea is the table developer can save the settings they think are correct for the table. When the end user plays the table for the first time, the saved settings are used. The end user can change the settings and the saved settings are gone forever (or until the end user deletes the CFG for the table).

I got the idea from you to suggest to Rav on a change.

George

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:56 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
TerryRed wrote:

Only the lighting settings are changed. The rest of the cfg stuff remains the same. The end user can change the lighting to whatever they want and the settings are overridden.

The idea is the table developer can save the settings they think are correct for the table. When the end user plays the table for the first time, the saved settings are used. The end user can change the settings and the saved settings are gone forever (or until the end user deletes the CFG for the table).

I got the idea from you to suggest to Rav on a change.

George

Yah, it's great for sure and long needed.

It would be amazing to one day be able to change all the standard Camera settings as well in script for the way cabinet users would use it. This would eliminate the need for constant adjustments for all tables. Yes you can make a default cfg...but that won't work for all tables. That said, I would just include a BAM cfg with the table for now either way...so anyone can try using that first and then go from there if they want.

The new Ball Shadows look great in VR btw!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2209 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 191, 192, 193, 194, 195, 196, 197 ... 221  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner