Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next
 Post subject: Re: Monster Bash
 Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 9:10 am 

Gimli sent me the table, after some tricky things I've found how to make it works, it was always stucked in the editor loading process.

The work till now is really good, I love this table, physic is really polished, and as I said to Gimli, maybe is even too much precise.
What I don't like is the flipper not aligned (maybe for a better aiming) and the monsters rendered as a Drop Target, I prefer the toys for a smooth movement.

I've made a test toy table from scratch with toys taken from VPx version of Monster Bash

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:21 am 

What targets are you not able to hit? I am able to hit them all.

George

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 11:45 am 

I never said that I cannot hit a target.
I've said that the ball is even far too precise. you can hit every target of course but the general ball behavior need some tweaks for me cause the aiming is not the only important thing even if FP always suffered for this problem

Post Posted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:46 pm 

Hi all ;)

Since I frequent the site of "gopinball", I understood that eternity existed :o :o :o , it is the discussion on the technical characteristics of the tables !!!
And personally the discussions that last for an eternity, I find them very long...too long :( :( :( and as says "Woody Allen" ... especially towards the end. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bil

Just an opinion ;)

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:08 am 

bil wrote:
Hi all ;)

Since I frequent the site of "gopinball", I understood that eternity existed :o :o :o , it is the discussion on the technical characteristics of the tables !!!

Wow, bil you are typically very encouraging

FP I believe is on the cusp of greatness, because of technical discussions and Ravs ability to implement innovations. ..

We are on the verge of finally releasing a version of MB .

I know when you read this thread it has been an eternity ( 9 years of playing hot potato )....

I also know that I can discuss concepts and ideas until everyone is asleep,
but I have spent many hours (as have George and many others) coding and creating stuff for this table and we are approaching the finish line of a tedious marathon.

Monnezzas is helping with future enhancements for modding this release

If people enjoy and appreciate this table even a fraction of what I do , the "eternity" will be worth it

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 7:35 am 

Hello Gimli ;)

I think you did not understand me. :(

I really appreciate the work you do, I guess it's not easy and I thank you for that! :D
(Rav's work is quite exceptional 8-) )

I played a lot in my youth in pinball and I must admit that my friends and I played it pretty virile and that the "tilt" often resounded. :shock: :shock:

.... but, all the young people were playing like us and nobody took care of the physics of the table !!
Similarly, from the beginning of future pinball, I did not often worry about the physics of tables (there are creators who build better than others, of course)
But for me it has never been a problem (and I'm not the only one!)
I think you and others on the forum are purists and I have nothing against you of course, but it does not necessarily have to do with the pinball spirit!

In any case, even if you had arrived at the physical perfection of future pinball, there will always be dissatisfied....
that's why the idea of ​​eternity ;)

And moreover most people prefer visual pinball (vpforums) and will never have anything to do with future pinball :?

I hope I did not mess up your day

Bil

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:15 am 

Bil just some words:

Future Pinball is totally unplayable. Future Pinball is not a pinball simulator, is not even an arcade pinball game, Future Pinball without "technical discussions" is a Moon Pinball simulator where gravity and forces are totally different from the earth....if you like to play a pinball that could be good in graphic but absolutely not in the physic, it's ok, you can even play Space Cadet for Windows XP

Ever noticed that all the future pinball users are now Visual Pinball users?
You know why none of them would never play a great table made in FP? simple ....because it's not playable, if I'm playing with a flipper aiming to the left and the ball goes to the right slowly sliding on a playfield with almost no gravity, I'm not playing pinball, but a strange ball game on a table.

Thanx to "Technical Discussions" now FP is playable as well as VPX (for me even better)

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:23 am 

bil wrote:
Hello Gimli ;)
I hope I did not mess up your day
Bil

Not at all,
Thanks bil

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:27 am 

monnezzas wrote:
Bil just some words:
Thanx to "Technical Discussions" now FP is playable as well as VPX (for me even better)

Cool !
If others could discover this that would be awesome !

Post Posted: Wed May 29, 2019 8:52 am 

Hello monnezas ;)

I just played for ten minutes with the table "dead hunters" ..by curiosity :o

I obviously played with the old exe of fp.

I think this table is not easy sure, but quite playable, you need to know a little to play it well.

I think the creators of "Blindmankind" who remain among the best 8-) had to find the emulator "future pinball" not perfect maybe but correct.(so playable !)
enough in any case to create four tables never really equaled!

Fortunately they did not think like you, it would have been a pity ! because they probably would not have created them :cry:

Bil ;)

Last edited by bil on Wed May 29, 2019 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 746 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP