Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post subject: X-Men 1.30
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:56 am 

So I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong section, as this is smokes table and I had nothing to do with its development, but I noticed there is no thread dedicated to x-men version 1.30 and I had a question I was hoping someone could help me out with.

This table crashes when you try to pause. I haven't dug into the script yet because I'm not quite sure what I'm looking for. I'm not sure if it has something to do with the high scores of this table and thats why it crashes, but I was hoping smoke or someone might be able to provide some insight to fixing this problem.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: X-Men 1.30
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:02 pm 

It doesn't crash when I press pause on my PC. It is difficult to say why this table would crash and not others. Slam used Smoke's ball rolling sound on his Jaws table. Does it crash when you press pause?

The only problem I have had on this table is that Smoke named the library "sounds.fpl" for this table with the exact same name as the "sounds.fpl" on his World Cup Soccer table. The files are different so you have to figure out a work around if you want to play both tables.

On my PC, I saved this table to a subfolder of my Tables folder that I named X-Men. Then I unzipped the contents of the download to it and left everything there. I saved World Cup Soccer as I do other tables. Having X-Men in a separate folder will make FP use the libraries that are in the folder so it will run that way.

I hope this helps,

George

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:14 am 

Hi George,

Yea I actually created subfolders for both World Cup and X-Men because I noticed that issue as well. I haven't tried to pause world cup, but I'll give it a go. Yea no other table locks up for a pause, but if you look at the x-men comments on the pinsimdb page, it looks like at least one other person is having the issue.

Weird...

Update: Jaws and World Cup pause fine, its only X-Men. Is it possible the script would have anything to do with it? I'm not a huge fan of smokes flippers, they're a little to floppy for me, so I used physics 2.5 I believe. I just checked the script between a few tables and the code for pausing and unpausing is the same between all the tables so I have no idea whats causing the table to crash...

Last edited by MayoTheGreat on Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:31 am 

If it works for George it probably isn't a script issue

Have you tried setting all the FP settings to minimum or loading without BAM , to see if problem persists ?
If you can make it go away then it is not a script issue....

If it only crashes with BAM then send the BAM crash log to Rav....

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:38 am 

This is the only table that has the issue and it isn't a performance issue. I have all my settings set on high and none of my tables exhibit any other errors, so I'm not going to change everything else to determine whats up with that 1 table. I will look for the BAM crash log and send that over though.

THanks gimli!

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:33 pm 

I don't know what it might be. It is odd that mytmyke has the same problem.

George

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:16 pm 

I contacted Rav about my issue and he sent me a beta version of BAM.dll and that corrected the issue. not sure what was changed, but that solved it! If anyone else has this issue feel free to contact rav or I can send it over if thats allowed

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:02 pm 

try to de-activate the bam built in highscore
i think it doesn't like the way i handle the workaround limit for very big score.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:04 pm 

for info on lib having the same name for different table:
-all my tables are in separate folder so that why i no problem.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:15 pm 

Yah, the problem with tables in sub folders is that Front-end programs don't always like that arrangement, so traditionally it's been recommended to not have tables in their own sub folder.

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release