Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM Lighting Setup
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:17 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
I suppose I need to learn how to do BAM's mini-playfields. Have we thought about renaming it? It does a whole lot more than mini-playfields.

George

Ya it does a lot more than just miniplayfields...here is an update of the concept using
"shapeable lights" as SLAM suggested and using Light sequences....

https://youtu.be/AU3EEaFeTBY

Here's the table...it's just a demo and not very refined
nothing to do just load it and go ooh and ahh.... :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1e7tlnkjuay3a3/led2.fpt?dl=0

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:43 am 

Now doesn't that look good :) Excellent work Bob!

The more things we authors have to play with the more creative we can be.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:57 am 

Wow. It takes lots of code to do it.

George

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:27 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
Wow. It takes lots of code to do it.

George

No I was just being lazy....it does take a lot of lights.
And a lot of "miniplayfields"

Bam automatically generated the miniplayfield code...I loaded the table in a window (not fullscreen mode) so I could copy and paste the mp settings of each light panel to a notepad as I went.
Then I exited table and pasted it all into the script...

But that can be scaled down

I am just showing a concept and how it can be done

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:51 pm 

Here are some things I will try with the "LED"

1. I think I can animate it circle around the inner rail of the table using BAM animations of miniplayfields (we will need to have all of the superimposed light panels moving in unison)

2. Can maybe create multicolour light modes of table lights
For instance lets say we have 10 lights on table in specific locations on ramps or whatever
if they are assigned to the same "Surface" in table editor and you designate them and only them to a "layer" in table editor,

then I can hide all the other layers in table editor except for those lights. Grab them as a collective group of objects and copy and paste them to create an identical light config.

I can drag that light "map" or pattern off to side of table and assign to new surface elevation and have several layers of this config map all assigned to different "surfaces". Each map has lights in identical locations but I assign a unique light colour to each layer

then with BAM grab each layer as an MP and superimpose and create the effect of programmable light colours on table lights..... :shock:

or I maybe I am delusional and haven't taken my meds yet :D

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:18 pm 

Ok here is proof of concept for using BAM to animate LED strip.
It works but needs refinement...but it works :shock:

https://youtu.be/jvHhvH8Nj6I

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:40 pm 

Very impressive work Bob!

All modern pinball games use LED lights now. And real owners mod old games with LEDs, mainly because they're much brighter than old bulbs and last pretty much forever.

Future Pinball needed to catch up with the latest technology in order to continue making accurate recreations. I doubt we can make them super bright like in the real world, but who knows...BAM continues to surprise me.

Pinball Arcade does this colour changing LED effect very well with their Star Trek recreation. No idea if VP can do this same trick.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:33 am 

SLAMT1LT wrote:

All modern pinball games use LED lights now. And real owners mod old games with LEDs, mainly because they're much brighter than old bulbs and last pretty much forever.

Future Pinball needed to catch up with the latest technology in order to continue making accurate recreations. I doubt we can make them super bright like in the real world, but who knows...BAM continues to surprise me.

Pinball Arcade does this colour changing LED effect very well with their Star Trek recreation. No idea if VP can do this same trick.

Yes, VP actually does a good job with RGB lighting (used also on VPX Star Trek LE) . You can see a very good example of how it's used in my Youtube channel (TerryRed), on the Stranger Things: Stranger Edition table demo video.

Gimil... you almost had me thinking you were going to add Addressable Leds like I have in my cabinet to that table. I mean....why not? :)

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:56 am 

The New Renderer, is a fantastic thing,for more(activate the tail or wake of the luminous ball) I used it,and given the possibility with the cfg file for those who want activate the NR it,and can use it, in a couple of my table. but it takes a super pc to exploit it to the fullest.

@Slam, this it is a godsend for you, it takes a couple of other things(dark art playfields, etc). to make sure that: I adjust the light section as desired, you get good lighting effects .... pity that you speak only in English in your video. ;)

ok, since you are the the "right man" for the lights :lol: , what would you say to make a nice effect in TR, of course I'll prepare the play-dark ..... if you need only that,I hope

Quote:
Another tip I forgot to mention: when you activate a flasher in the game, turn off the GI at the same time, this makes the flashers appear much brighter.

sorry but I did not understand the GI, what it is.

@Bob...even the lights you turned into mini-play :shock: with a model ..... maybe it would be cooler?

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:21 am 

TerryRed wrote:
SLAMT1LT wrote:

Gimil... you almost had me thinking you were going to add Addressable Leds like I have in my cabinet to that table. I mean....why not? :)

Terry are you referring to real addressable LEDs like you use for PinCadia or do you mean virtual ones in desktop mode ?
By adressable do you mean codeable ?

With Bam I can take any object , in this case anything defined as a light and illuminate it anywhere and at anytime and of any size based on coded game events and animate it to shake, spin or move. The multicolour effect multiplies the work involved by the number of colors you choose for a given "composite multicolour light" illusion

wild wrote:
@Bob...even the lights you turned into mini-play :shock: with a model ..... maybe it would be cooler?

Do you mean creating a model that is assigned as a light by Future Pinball model editor that could use this multicolor method ?

Yes good idea !
Jaws for instance has yellow buoys that are defined as lights...I could make them flash different colours ....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner