Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 2851
Location: Ontario, Canada
For those who are interested, here is an updated video of a vertical playfield.
https://youtu.be/aWaWnusvlRc


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:50 am
Posts: 1192
Location: Paris - France
Someone interested to recreate this? -> http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/175/image-27.jpg

_________________
Les cons ça ose tout. C'est même à  ça qu'on les reconnaît.
My tables avalaible at http://www.pinsimdb.org/fpreleases/ and http://www.irpinball.org/
Image
Image
Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2511
Location: Arkansas, USA
Gimli wrote:
For those who are interested, here is an updated video of a vertical playfield. ...


It looks interesting although it would take me a while to get used to it being up there if I played it. I don't think it would work in the real world because gravity might work against you. It really is pretty amazing everything the miniplayfield can do. Maybe I should try to figure it out a bit more.

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:12 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 2851
Location: Ontario, Canada
GeorgeH wrote:
Gimli wrote:
For those who are interested, here is an updated video of a vertical playfield. ...


It looks interesting although it would take me a while to get used to it being up there if I played it. I don't think it would work in the real world because gravity might work against you. It really is pretty amazing everything the miniplayfield can do. Maybe I should try to figure it out a bit more.

George


You are right about it seeming bizzare, but I think it was Miowankhan who wondered about replicating certain tables that have a backglass playfield. Circus voltaire kind of does and Franzleo has solved that....With physics tweaks we can emulate gravity in vertical and reversed playfields (like "joust" pinball).

Popotte Banzaii run looks cool.... if you or anyone is interested I can help with the miniplayfield!!

Wild and I are working on some ideas... so we'll see.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:30 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2511
Location: Arkansas, USA
Popotte wrote:
Someone interested to recreate this? -> http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/175/image-27.jpg


OK I take it back, putting a playfield on backboard has been done in the real world. I never knew it existed.

I checked the rules. The rules don't appear to be as complex as I thought they would be.

However, I watched some video of the real table. The behavior of the ball on the real table is much different when it is on the backboard. Do you think it can be duplicated on FP? I think that Gimli's trick makes gravity turn 90 degrees which it doesn't do in the real world. In other words, the ball reacts like it is parallel to the main playfield even though it looks like it is on the backboard. The ball definitely hangs onto the flippers on the real table. If we were somehow able to change the table slope to something like 100, it might work. I think you can see what I am talking about on this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYSRR874Lfo

Anyway, if you guys think it can be done, I'm willing to help.

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1231
I had not noticed this discussion.....I....and my crazy ideas, eh,eh.

Awesome work...bro...but to me it still does not work krull vertically, the ball is not in the miniplay in the blackglass....just out of curiosity, you'll want to try.

Popotte wrote:
Someone interested to recreate this? -> http://mirror2.ipdb.org/images/175/image-27.jpg


JP...you are very funny :D Banzai run....it seems very very difficult to do...

GeorgeH wrote:
Anyway, if you guys think it can be done, I'm willing to help.


you know the table where I'm working for now?


Gimli wrote:
Wild and I are working on some ideas... so we'll see.


I'm happy to see this written by you...bro :D


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 2851
Location: Ontario, Canada
[quoteAwesome work...bro...but to me it still does not work krull vertically, the ball is not in the miniplay in the blackglass....just out of curiosity, you'll want to try.[/quote]

Try pressing
"V" button on keyboard


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2511
Location: Arkansas, USA
wild wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
Anyway, if you guys think it can be done, I'm willing to help.


you know the table where I'm working for now?


I saw a WIP for "Pinball Nintendo Nes". Is that wahyt you are talking about?

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1231
GeorgeH wrote:
wild wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:
Anyway, if you guys think it can be done, I'm willing to help.


you know the table where I'm working for now?


I saw a WIP for "Pinball Nintendo Nes". Is that wahyt you are talking about?

George


you did not understand my question.....frankly you, offered to help, probably on a hypothetical recreation of banzai run...no?I say well.....(but who does it?),since it has a vertical playfield....I asked you if you knew,the pinball-nes, on purpose, because this also has a playfield, in this case mini-play vertical......all here George.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2511
Location: Arkansas, USA
wild wrote:
you did not understand my question.....frankly you, offered to help, probably on a hypothetical recreation of banzai run...no?I say well.....(but who does it?),since it has a vertical playfield....I asked you if you knew,the pinball-nes, on purpose, because this also has a playfield, in this case mini-play vertical......all here George.


Sorry I don't understand. Are you asking me a question?

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: