Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade

Post subject: Re: Pinball Arcade
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:16 pm 

I may not be a mod but I am a concerned citizen who will always call out BS and man, you were smelling it! :)

Post Posted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:34 am 

no hard feelings loafer ;)

cheers!

Post Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:16 pm 

Pinball arcade should be shamed about making money with their horrible work.I dont't understand the fans of PA, i think most users know nothing about great FP and VP.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:09 am 

skinooe wrote:
Pinball arcade should be shamed about making money with their horrible work.I dont't understand the fans of PA, i think most users know nothing about great FP and VP.

So you can throw me rocks :D
I find PA fantastic! I had the version PSVita and PS3 and i recently went on PS4 - the graphics are really become very good (the lighting and graphics have been revised upwards) and the gameplay looks very good to me with a very plausible reaction (although sometimes a script takes relay over the physics engine) - but the best for me is to reach the standard / expert objective, i find it very addictive (ok, now that our creative genius (Francisco) did the same thing it's become a good point for FP!).

IMO, a very good game and i do not regret my purchase (for the same price you have a half game (FPS type) and a lifetime of 10 hours max ...)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:12 am 

I just tried out of curiosity "fish tales" on my laptop.
Once FP (Francisco) after PA ... FP once, once PA ... FP once, once PA ... so on a hundred times in a row ... :o :o

My 2cents observation:
1 - my keyboard is much used now! :lol:
2 - frankly ... the two versions are very similar :D
3 - the physics are good for both sides, but different .... neither is perfect .... but perfection is not of this world :(
4 - Francisco has managed to turn the fish tail :shock:
5 - PA version fails to turn tail fish :cry:

Conclusion: I like fishing and my eyesight is poor, so I prefer the Francico version because I manage to catch more fish when their tail shines ! ;)

BIL

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:33 am 

+1

Post Posted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:17 am 

skinooe wrote:

I Think PA's psysics very much better than anything in FP. Zed is maybe good, but so far I dont know any really good tables with it since I dont Think the creator have converted any table for it. Maybe BBB but is that a real table in the first Place? Never Heard of it anyway.

Ive tried Iron Man with ZED and the feeling just starting the table is beond anything Close to PA. The game room does so much and the graphic on the table is so good I really cant belive my Eyes.

Everyday I watching out for any table with Zed or the United 3D Project. Will do everyday cus I dont wanna miss any second on one release! =)

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:24 pm 

dont't missunderstand me: physic is well, graphic in xbox or tablet is o.k. . But since release tables for pc: you see no little development, very poor graphictextures, no correct shadow, more bugs than in some fp tables and many big announcements but nothing done (example xbox 360).
compare visual pinball (freeware) for windows tablet and pinball arcade (payware) and you see how poor the development in PA is. People who work for big money should do it better ond more professionell.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:08 pm 

Are you forgetting a little something??? It took 14 years for visual pinball to get to where it is today, yet PA has not been out on the pc for more than a couple of months and they have already said we are getting the directx 11 upgrade. Its fair to be critical, lord knows they deserve some especially for their lack/poor communication but jeezus!

It's very possible some tables will always lack in detail, part of issue is catering to the lowest denominator (mobile) and maybe some of their staff are weak on redraws, but I play PA like I play VP and FP, on a cab where my face is not stuck on the playfield tv but rather far enough away in a standing position where From this distance, maybe the textures could be better but they certainly are not garbage, at least for most tables, I find they look rather good.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:38 pm 

Here's another thought. TPA is 'supposedly' a retail/commercial product whereas VP+FP are open-source/hobby type products (ok so FP isn't really open-source but you get the point) and yet who has the better product without requiring ANY funding? :)

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade