Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Lets get this ball rolling... [2.7 physics release thread]
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:31 am 

Cliff notes at the top for people that can't read

All 2.7 tables are released individually, are engineered for realistic physics and accurate play flow as closely matched as possible to the original intention, and require no preparation by the end user. They have been carefully prepared to be 'ready-to-play', however some do require their original library files (*.fpl) to function. Make sure you get these necessary library files from the original table release with the same name, if required!

1. Install BAM (Better Arcade Mode) in a /BAM folder in your FP directory, even if you don't use Arcade Mode in FP. Run FP through BAM by running "FPLoader.exe" (check BAM site for more info and command line arguments). If BAM fails to load use older version! BAM and 2.7 physics works with any exe, even default 1.0 or the hacked 2.5/2.6 exe that remove watermark and copyright nag.
    2. Download the modified FPT and XML physics files I am providing in this thread for the table that you want to upgrade, drop BOTH files in your /tables directory. You must have already downloaded and installed the table libraries (if required). I do not provide table libraries included with the downloads at this point in time. Check PinSimDB or the website/forum you downloaded the table originally.
    3. Play! BAM will automatically load my 2.7 custom physics without any further user input.

-------

I am releasing updated/tweaked tables offering superior physics prepared with BAM in mind. I'm doing this only because it needs to be done. I'd much rather be playing.

For lack of a better reason I'm calling this physics 2.7 merely so I can claim a version number for the sake of having a method to refer to what I'm doing; "BSH Physics" seemed inappropriate. All tables setup by me, including later updated versions in future released for this same BAM+XML system, will bear the designation prefix x27, written in this fictitious example for a 3rd updated version of Black Knight Gold 1.03:

Quote:
[x27v3]Black Knight GOLD 1.03.fpt

This file renaming is necessary for 2 reasons:

1. It keeps consistency with other table versions and will prevent conflicts and confusion.
2. BAM reads filenames directly for custom physics files. If I give the tweaked tables and physics files unique names, they won't later interfere with anything, and will be detected and setup automatically for each and every table, with no work required from you (beyond dropping an FPT and XML in /tables).

I am not taking any credit for making these tables. I don't even add myself into the credits, or revise the table filename (beyond adding the version designation). This isn't about me, it's about the wider pinball community and helping people enjoy pinball. Later on I will update this post with more technical information and an explanation of my process, but for now lets just get started. You will require BAM (use older version from archive if newest BAM doesn't load for you) but you do not need a custom exe.

RELEASE LIST
###LIBRARIES NOT INCLUDED###

(all naming and credit info taken directly from PSDB)

Green has been released.
Red is in beta.
White is scheduled for future release.

1. Addams Family Pinball Gold Edition 2.5 by Glxb, Highlnder00 - DOWNLOAD v1 - UPDATED 11.11.2013
2. Black Knight Gold 1.03 by SLAMT1LT - BACK TO BETA FOR v2
3. Space Shuttle 1.1 by Sepeteus - BACK TO BETA FOR v2
4. Pin*Bot 2.1 by moogster66, Pinbotic, polygame, Schnuffelduffel, Sepeteus
5. Whirlwind 2.1 by DRAKKO
6. Indiana Jones Pinball Adventure ULTIMATE 1.01 by Glxb, Highlnder00, SLAMT1LT

7. Taxi 2.0 by DRAKKO - DOWNLOAD v1 - UPDATED 20.11.2013
8. Funhouse 1.12 by DRAKKO, francisco666, Vanlion - DOWNLOAD v1 - UPDATED 15.11.2013
9. The Getaway : High Speed II 1.0b by francisco666
10. jOKERZ 1.0 by DRAKKO, francisco666 - BACK TO BETA FOR v2
11. Centigrade 37 - ULTRA 1.02 by jc144, SLAMT1LT - DOWNLOAD v1 - UPDATED 12.11.2013
12. Bond 50 (Anniversary Edition) 1.0 by SLAMT1LT
13. The Machine: Bride of Pinbot ULTIMATE 1.02 by Flash, jc144, Jet082, Larsboy, polygame, SLAMT1LT
14. King Kong 1.1 by D_Struct, francisco666

15. Space Invaders SE v1.0 by germax, onlinechaos - DOWNLOAD v1 - UPDATED 16.11.2013
16. Medieval Madness ULTIMATE 1.01 by francisco666, SLAMT1LT
17. GOLDORAK RAPID LOADER by rom

18. Earthshaker 1.0 by francisco666 - DOWNLOAD v1 - UPDATED 14.11.2013
19. Fireball ULTRA 1.03 by SLAMT1LT and Popotte - DOWNLOAD v1 - UPDATED 14.11.2013
20. War Of The Worlds ULTIMATE 1.03 by Roney Pinball, SLAMT1LT - DOWNLOAD v1 - UPDATED 16.11.2013
21. Centaur Ultra 1.04 by Light66, SLAMT1LT - DOWNLOAD v1 - UPDATED 17.11.2013
<many more to be added soon...>

Admin: I put this in BAM area because it requires BAM. If it should be elsewhere, please move as appropriate.

Last edited by bigsilverhotdog on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:26 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Lets get this ball rolling... [2.7 physics release threa
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:40 am 

Woot! Can't wait to try! Thanks!!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:00 am 

zed physics,.. physics 2.5,.. no physics2.6.....

now physics 2.7 hahaha you guys make me crazy ;)

But he i will give it a try,.. so thanks for the tables and physics mate hope the will play as im hoping haha.

oyeah, can you please upload them on pinsimdb.org cause for some reason i cant download here on media at normal speeds,... my speed here is not more then 200kb :S

CHEERS!!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:16 am 

Play the above 2.7 versions of Centigrade 37 and Addam's Family using BAM and then you can decide if you'll be bookmarking this thread or not. :)

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:19 am 

Hmm i don`t really like either 2.06 physics :|

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:22 am 

2.6 is incorrect and unrealistic. If it was good I wouldn't be here doing this.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:09 pm 

It's official, I quit this nonsense of a hobby before it kills me.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:22 pm 

All these options! It's just too much to understand or deal with! Somebody please help! :|

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:30 am 

gratulation! This is hard work! ;) :D For me, 2.6 physici s better for older Tables before 1982 wich need soft rubber settings. 2.7 nedds more Bumper behavior for me. All you done is for me also a good alternative but not good for older tables. Exact aiming is in 2.6 not really possible in newer builts like Adams famaly table.
I think you should also build an own bumper T1 and T2 similar Zendonius pinball. It woud fix it.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:34 am 

This really is getting ridiculous.

We now have the original build, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7, Zed, Bam, and previous versions of SlamTilts stuff, plus this unity thing as well. I gave up a couple months ago, and the community has split into multiple fractions depending on which physics they have. I hate to imagine the strain on PinSim having to host all these different versions of the same table.

Here is a idea. Why doesn't someone just add a physics properties section for each object in the editor that allows a person to input his own physics? You need different physics by era anyway, and will at least help solve this mess of multiple versions.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner