Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade Coming To PC, Consoles, & Mobile Devi
 Post Posted: Sat May 19, 2012 9:01 pm 

News about the PC version,

The Pinball Arcade: "Things are looking good for the PC version! We hope to make an announcement about this soon."

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 6:50 am 

Location: orion-cygnus arm, local solar system, earth, europe, germany, ..., here
hey... where is "Future-Pinball"...?
it is big and famous also...!

a notice of the "c't-magazin" (maybe one of the most serious computer magazines in germany)
http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/Flipper-Tot-aber-lebendig-1577567.html

here a simple translation by "translate.google.de"
Quote:
The pinball machine seems to be dead as a doornail: A few years ago, the man-sized machines were still in a number of pubs, today there are the few publicly accessible units only on directories on the net. Many teens think of pinball machines and certainly not to the old boxes, but only their smartphone or tablet games. These are still popular, but mostly just fantasy show tables without reference to real devices. Farsight Studios, the developer wants to change that: His "Pinball Arcade" ball and pitch simulated as a 3D model - sound, game logic and display points are true-true emulation of the machine electronics.

The Android, iOS, Mac OS, Playstation 3, PS Vita and Xbox 360 available "Arcade" has since published this week update eight tables from 1980 to 2003 on board: Bride of Pin-bot, Cirqus Voltaire, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Black Hole, Funhouse, Medieval Madness, Theatre of Magic and Tales of the Arabian Nights.

Expected that the PC version still on the leaves could have a very exciting reason: According to an announcement on Facebook is planning Farsight a version for so-called "cabinet" - the pinball scene is meant by virtual pinball machines, which look from the outside as well as conventional pinball tables , but inside are equipped with display and computer, is used as a playing surface such as a 42-inch television. To ensure authenticity, a motion sensor (for Anruckeln s) and communicating with the ROM emulation coin.

{Video of a cab}
The c't-Pin in Action

Such virtual pinball haunt for some time by the relevant forums, commercial software was officially licensed pinball ROMs but not yet. The pinball freaks therefore use freeware pinball simulators, such as Visual Pinball with replicas of the community pinball tables. For the ROM emulation provides - with unclear legal situation - VPinMAME, a descendant of the famous arcade emulator MAME. Unlike commercial software, Visual Pinball Farsight but pose no real 3D models - the results still seem often photo-realistic (see video above).

The c't-redaction built from an old tri-zone a virtual pinball machine from 1979, a detailed construction manual is in c't 12/12 (from Monday the market). In addition, the "Project Arcade" article section: A report on the emulation scene, and a blueprint for an emulation PC in the arcade cabinet. (Jkj)

Last edited by beta-tester on Mon May 21, 2012 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:41 am 

Frostyglitch wrote:
I'm not planning on seeing any of the big budget tables such as Twilight Zone or Indiana Jones etc etc from FarSight. They're a really small team of devs with a small budget.

I actually suggested a kickstarter on their fan forum, which got luke warm responses with people saying they were waiting for FarSight to actually ask for a Kickstarter.

Now that they've come forward with their fans that they need the help, everyone on Facebook is like...ugghh I can live without the big budget tables. Feck it...if ya want the licensed tables, I guess ya gotta hope it comes out on FP or just buy the machine itself..*if you can find it.

Looks like they listened to you and created a Kickstarter project. It looks like a ton of people already pre-ordered the Twilight Zone table, they are almost half way to their goal in just a few days. I sent a message saying that the money I would be willing to pay depends on how well the game runs on my PC cabinet. Hopefully that would be some incentive for them. Maybe they could do a pinball cabinet Kickstarter project too.

Post Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 2:21 pm 

jrolson wrote:
News about the PC version,

The Pinball Arcade: "Things are looking good for the PC version! We hope to make an announcement about this soon."

Thats really good news for me! I think the PC will delivers the best versions of this pinball simulator. : )

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 2:59 pm 

While I really would like to see the PC version with full cab support, I fear it would need a better PC than what I have in my cab.
So for me a better option would be a rotated cab view on the Xbox version.
Think about it, sure you wouldn't get the back glass but setting it up in a cab would be fairly easy once you hacked a controller and a spare xbox is a hell of a lot cheaper than a high end pc.

GLXB

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:09 pm 

Glxb wrote:
While I really would like to see the PC version with full cab support, I fear it would need a better PC than what I have in my cab.
Think about it, sure you wouldn't get the back glass but setting it up in a cab would be fairly easy once you hacked a controller and a spare xbox is a hell of a lot cheaper than a high end pc.

GLXB

I'm not sure why you would fear that, the game plays just fine on phones.
However, I have thought about putting a 360 in my cab to play Raiden IV.

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 4:12 pm 

The hope, for me, would be that the PC version would be more than just a direct port of the mobile version, however. Therefore, it would need a little more processing speed and graphics power than a phone.

I think that was where GLXB was going with that.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Struct
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jumbobunny1

Post Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:10 pm 

rooter wrote:
Glxb wrote:

GLXB

I'm not sure why you would fear that, the game plays just fine on phones.
However, I have thought about putting a 360 in my cab to play Raiden IV.

Yes but expand those graphics to 42" and they won't look so nice. Plus we will demand real time lighting and reflections etc.
I just believe it won't be optimised to run on a 4 year old win xp PC. ;)

GLXB

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:16 am 

rooter wrote:
Looks like they listened to you and created a Kickstarter project. It looks like a ton of people already pre-ordered the Twilight Zone table, they are almost half way to their goal in just a few days. I sent a message saying that the money I would be willing to pay depends on how well the game runs on my PC cabinet. Hopefully that would be some incentive for them. Maybe they could do a pinball cabinet Kickstarter project too.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised to see that they went through with it. In fact, it looks as though they even took some of my suggestions for the backer rewards. The donations have been slowing down, but hopefully as the word gets out more this will change. It's also possible that they'll get another rush of donations when the deadline gets closer, that's typically how it works with most Kickstarter projects.

If FarSight is able to double the goal, they plan to release ST: TNG as well which will be fantastic. I wish them the best.

Post Posted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:39 am 

Glxb wrote:
Yes but expand those graphics to 42" and they won't look so nice. Plus we will demand real time lighting and reflections etc.
I just believe it won't be optimised to run on a 4 year old win xp PC. ;)
GLXB

Well, my point was that the game plays great on everything from an old phone to an Xbox 360, so there is a great chance that it will run well on whatever you have. The game runs great on iPad 3's, which have a screen resolution of 2048x1536, a good bit higher than most of our playfields which are at 1920x1080. I would imagine you would get similar results to a Future Pinball table. Have you seen it played on a Mac? It will probably run on the PC just like that, except that they are planning multi-monitor supports and some other neat features.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade