Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Unity 3D pinball

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: [DEV] Tracking Louizou work
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:30 am 

it's currently around 600$, so more than 1/3 is already in...

i'm pretty sure it will raise drastically when louizou is posting some neat tech-demo with the physics and some sophisticated 3d-models in action.

for those who don't know already, paypal donation adress is: look at the "unoffical" vpf thread or ask via pm

Last edited by n3X_VI on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:44 am 

So if I get that correctly, people are now donating to a concept that is not already functionning, and only one person in the entire community will have the possibility to make such table.

but wait, there's more....Not counting that the payable version of unity qualify you as a commercial user therefore, EVEN IF YOU DON'T DO MONEY FROM THE SALE OF THE TABLE, you would be distributing pure commercial Stuff made from other copyrighted stuff.

hey..that's not it! YOU ARE ALREADY MAKING MONEY!...yep research and development fees are part of a business which is considered in the income column. And by taking donation (payment) from people(customers who will use the product at some point)
you are making it very clear to the Williams, Bally Lawyers who would want to build a case against the forum or the individuals involve.

Where did we lose the count guys? I know a lot of you want to see this happen but now it is totaly illegal. no more hidding behind the "hobby" thing. If you really want to see a forum being closed very fast Keep going that avenue.

Anyone?

Steve

P.S. And seriously, If no one care going that route, I demand to be removed entirely from the moderator groups and also member of gopinball, as I don't want no sh*t storm over my head because of one topic.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:59 am 

I'm sorry Steve, but I think you might be overreacting a bit.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:00 pm 

Steve wrote:
So if I get that correctly, people are now donating to a concept that is not already functionning, and only one person in the entire community will have the possibility to make such table.

but wait, there's more....Not counting that the payable version of unity qualify you as a commercial user therefore, EVEN IF YOU DON'T DO MONEY FROM THE SALE OF THE TABLE, you would be distributing pure commercial Stuff made from other copyrighted stuff.

hey..that's not it! YOU ARE ALREADY MAKING MONEY!...yep research and development fees are part of a business which is considered in the income column. And by taking donation (payment) from people(customers who will use the product at some point)
you are making it very clear to the Williams, Bally Lawyers who would want to build a case against the forum or the individuals involve.

Where did we lose the count guys? I know a lot of you want to see this happen but now it is totaly illegal. no more hidding behind the "hobby" thing. If you really want to see a forum being closed very fast Keep going that avenue.

Anyone?

Steve

P.S. And seriously, If no one care going that route, I demand to be removed entirely from the moderator groups and also member of gopinball, as I don't want no sh*t storm over my head because of one topic.

I see where you are coming from Steve, but no copyrighted stuff will be distributed with the exe, he is making an exe with which we load FP tables made with FP.

You make the table in FP, alter the script in FP, and then run it with this program.

GLXB

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:05 pm 

Steve wrote:

as i understand this concept, louizou is only building a new fp-player-executable... and that contains no copyrighted material at all (it can't even "build" copyrighted material like fp.exe... just a player).

he's not selling anything, he asked for some donations, because he wants to buy a valid unity-licence for further (legal!) development (and accepting this donations is totally his responsibility)

i don't think this does any harm (the donation effort is also totally unofficial), but i understand your concerns... especially when roms are involved and nobody knows how the new licence-holder will react later this year

edit: removed the donation adress... so whatever will happen, it will happen @vpf first (good or bad)

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:42 pm 

Ok for the overreacting part..please note that I only want to see the good in this but I am very cautious about what OTHERS might say...please get my drift...

This being said...I understand now that this is just a "WRAPPER"

-It doesn't hack FP EDITOR so we are good with Chris Leathley
-It "Plays" ROM...not much, not less than VPinMame ALREADY does for VP. SO if no one ever asked anything to the VP guys, it should translate the same for this Apps.
-this WRAPPER is not to be rebuild for each table we make. Is it?

I mean, my original understanding was that the community donnate to a software so Louizou only have the task to WRAP every FP table into a special EXE...leading to that question...what happen if this goes to limbo and Louizou vanish for X reasons just like Chris?

please take no Offense Louizou...I think it is important that all is clear since no one could take over the project as we would have to pay for UNITY and learn it. (Not open source, not a team effort)

Steve

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:29 am 

There is no offense at all , Steve !!

It's totally normal you have such questions about the legal part of my project !!

Lots of people had problems to understand how it will work .....

But as ican see it's more clean in their mind now

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:34 pm 

The way I understand it based on questions and answers at VPF:

* Authors will create tables in FP editor
* Tables will be scripted in the FP editor using C#
* Lou is building an application with the Unity3D engine that can load tables and interpret the scripting
* This application interfaces with VPinMame
* An exe does not need to be released for each table, the tables will be downloaded as they are now and anyone is free to make such a table and code it
* The code for the application will be made available for others to see (I believe Lou said this, but can't find the post now)
* You will need a Pro license for Unity3D to be able to compile the application, this would only be needed if you want to contribute to the application, I'm not sure what Lou has in mind there.

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:38 pm 

Could this thing could make FP table talk with your app...

example..in the case of a DMD made from scratch... could we send some code from FP to your app so it can load real video in a DMD (even an overlay embeded in your app) instead of image sequence like :

if score=10000 then
MyDMDOverlay.Video [/localpath] ,bonusSequence.wmv
end if

Post Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:34 pm 

@takedown => you scored a touchdown !!

And if you want to know what i have in mind ????
I want to give pinball addicts the best pinball sim they have ever seen,free as heaven and customizable as an harley davidson !!
The only thing i ask in exchange is a pro unity license for the dutty.
If some guys want to join me ,and i'm totally for this, they'll need their own unity license so they can contribute and/or release new versions ,matching then with unity3D way of thinking.

@Steve:

FP will be the editor only !! no interaction or something like that with it.
VPM3D will be made for VPM and i can think of adding manual or video dmd but that would be later ...... really later ..... (the last priority)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Unity 3D pinball