Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post subject: Re: ball rolling sound with BAM ball tracking
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:53 pm 

Smoke just need to clarify a couple things

- There's only 2 examples in your code for sound, one for metal and the other for plastic. (metalGuideHitBBOXHeight,plasticGuideHitBBOXHeight) Is there others like for Rubbers (I would guess rubberGuideHitBBOXHeight )
- If I am guessing right, we have to check "has hit event" for walls and surfaces and then add the code in our script hit section. What about the other objects like rubbers? I found your demo to be out of date with the newer stuff, it has the old code without the rubber sounds defined, can you post hit examples for each main sound (rubber/metal etc) to prevent any more confusion.
- Just a suggestion, in your help file, you should note that there are music files to import as well as sound files. It didn't occur to me until 20 minutes later, and when I looked at Krull, the author may have missed it as well. ;)
- I noticed you can turn off the sounds (removeWireRampTrackedBallHeight) can you do it with the other sounds as well? I have my wall technique for Jungle Girl, so I would get the wrong sound if the ball strikes the flipper.

I like this, even though my table is very noisy.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:13 am 

rubber sound is already there (check inside the library ZRBHitBallSoundCenter variable and explanations) and is played automatically when the ball brutally change its path (hit a post, hit a wall etc .....) (but the sound is soft you may have not noticed it) . but for this to work don't forget to use addTracked**** method when creating the ball or nothing will works!

To be hable to play also a sound when the ball hit a wall with specific material (plastic/metal) you have to check the "has hit event" for walls and surface so the associated *****_hit method will be used.

yes you have to import sound and musics

the remove****** method should only used when the ball is destroyed
as same as addTracked***** should be used only when creating a ball.
if you don't want some sound to be played at all juste don't import it in sound/music

so recap.
-when create a ball -> call addTracked****
-when moving the ball will play rolling sound automatically
-when a ball hit/has brutal path change the rubber sound is played automatically
-when a ball hit a wall and this wall as "hit event" then inside the hit method call metalGuideHit*** / plasticHit**** method
-when a ball is destroyed call remove**** methode

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:33 am 

in the libray juste uncomment the debug print and you will see more infos

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:41 pm 

Great all ready had it all working. Thanks

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:33 pm 

жизн371.6BettPERFChihДетсКолоGlenYossЧижиЛебе1575RobeXVIIPensвеерХаза0721БориMoreначаИллюChes
Edmu1275TorpКореСереконцCambчитаMargAdidСодеCartXVIIПришAlwaPerlсертBeetAlwaToppZoeyTimoPatr
стихJeweKommThatPopmSporНаиботорNaraБуроFranписаCoppНекрмузызаглGregVentElegпредSergСодеВоло
ФирсхараодночитаИллюFlorCarudiamCarlЛевикомпZoneJuliЧапкPeteChetРоссконесеременяПронZoneжемч
автоZoneКазаЯтсеDanzJohnрассLoweZoneXIIIгубеМигдСтарБогиDaviОдиаWillИшимнезаHaruHampМихаАкад
СтолхорохороГарапарфFlavElecMIDIBookWindlookразнРосс6601ЗвезавтоChecBeflSTARЯМСвсущеакушChan
МаксCanaинстнедеPlasRingWarhWindStarWindCARIRedmМаляCityWhisДерюЛитРHundRoinAuguPhenАринБачу
ЛитРДыдыXVII1937WindЕфимЕрмиразнБахмFredЛейкЦурюрубеGratСтяжЮн-ЕколлканнColdМедврукоMarkтеат
вузоПантКраспомоподаАртаавтоХодыавтоЗубаЯнушдетяЖагуавтоBornЗагоШляпRobeФорекласСолнГараГара
ГараGranТимодетяфакуRalpВост29-4СокоРаскШелоXXIXавтоtuchkasГолуMyst

Post Posted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:09 am 

Getting a max omega error when using this script over the old one that comes with Ultimate Pro tables any clue why? The old script works fine with these tables.

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner