Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:47 am 

ok,thanks to bob,and after 2 hours of attempts, I managed to make and understand, how to disable the gameroom of Bam, the gameroom of FP, and deactivate both...obviously these are the values of mine gameroom with bam, each of you has its own, right, but here is an example.......the secret of deactivating the gamerom of bam, and putting the value of the scale to O....to reactivate the gameroom, in my case, is to put the scales at 25,000

[/color]
Code:
'------------------------------------------------------------------
'Game room with bam
'------------------------------------------------------------------

Dim MiniPlayField_1        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
Set MiniPlayField_1        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(   -400,    -80,      300,     700,      50,     300,    -300,    405,       0)

Sub GameRoomBamOn()
xBAM.GameRoom = false
'                              DstX     DstY      DstZ     RotX     RotY     RotZ    Scale     Time
Call MiniPlayField_1.MoveTo(   -1500,    -2000,   -3000,     0,       0,       0,   25.000,    0)
End Sub

Sub GameRoomBamOff()
xBAM.GameRoom = true
'                              DstX     DstY      DstZ     RotX     RotY     RotZ    Scale     Time
Call MiniPlayField_1.MoveTo(   -1500,    -2000,   -3000,     0,       0,       0,   0,    0)
End Sub

Sub GameRoomBamAndFpOff()
xBAM.GameRoom = false
Call MiniPlayField_1.MoveTo(   -1500,    -2000,   -3000,     0,       0,       0,   0,    0)
End Sub

the Dim MiniPlayField_1 and Set MiniPlayField_1..... they must remain outside the subroutine,only the moveto, must remain inside the sub

here the code,thar serve to change on-off...under sub FuturePinball_KeyPressed(ByVal KeyCode)
Code:
If KeyCode = 34 Then  'key G
  GameRoomOnOff = GameRoomOnOff + 1
 If GameRoomOnOff > 3 then GameRoomOnOff = 1
   If GameRoomOnOff  = 1 Then GameRoomBamOn()
   If GameRoomOnOff  = 2 Then GameRoomBamOff()
   If GameRoomOnOff  = 3 Then GameRoomBamAndFpOff()
  End if

remember that you need to create a Dim GameRoomOnOff

under Option Explicit
xBAM.GameRoom= false....this is for FP

under FuturePinball_BeginPlay()
GameRoomOnOff =1,you can change the value, = 1, depending on what you want to see...2or 3.

that's all

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:05 pm 

Yes!
If you check your code you will see you have the Scale at 25.000 ( which is the same as 25.00 or 25)
not 25,000.

And that makes sense because you have magnified your room model 25x

Otherwise you have perfect understanding. Well Done !

Cheers

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:41 pm 

For those following this thread using miniplayfield code can be a bit confusing at first. But after using it a few times, it starts to make sense.
Here is my attempt at a tutorial :
viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=55&t=6587&p=85768#p85768
Check out the video tutorial...

The only code I have used, is the one that is generated for me automatically from the BAM
Miniplayfield menu.

When you first capture your target in the "Yellow box' and press Control+C
then the Dim and Set lines are copied to your clipboard. I just paste these at the top of the script with other "Dims"
Code:
Dim MiniPlayField_1        '                             Xmin     Xmax     Ymin     Ymax     Zmin     Zmax     CenX     CenY     CenZ
Set MiniPlayField_1        = xBAM.CreateMiniPlayfield(   -400,    -80,      300,     700,      50,     300,    -300,    405,       0)

After moving the "Green Target Box" to desired size and location and again pressing Control+C then the Moveto line is copied to clipboard. I then paste this where ever I want that code to be used in the script.
Code:
Call MiniPlayField_1.MoveTo(   -1500,    -2000,   -3000,     0,       0,       0,   25.000,    0)

If I then want to move the miniplayfield to a new location, I just move the "Green Box" again, generate the new code and paste that to the script.

The codes above are the only miniplayfield codes I use. Pretty simple.You don't even need to understand them. Just suspend your disbelief, use them and watch the magic happen :lol:
''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

However for those that want to be fancy, there are many miniplayfield codes you may choose to use as "shortcuts"

Instead of having "Call Miniplayfield_1.Moveto(DstX, DstY, DstZ , RotX , RotY , RotZ, Scale, Time)

If you are only altering one parameter and keeping the rest the same, then you can use a more specific code
The following examples, plus many more can be found here:
viewtopic.php?nomobile=0f=86&t=6214

- MiniPlayField_0.Position.X (or .Y, or .Z) - set it to move playfield to any position.
- MiniPlayField_0.Rotation.X (or .Y, or .Z) - set rotation of mini-playfield.
- MiniPlayField_0.Scale - set scale of mini-playfield.
- MiniPlayField_0.Time - same as last param in "MoveTo" coomand. When this param is set to value greater than 0, mini-playfield will be animated from current position to target position.

Examples:

1. Only thing you want to change is the scale on miniplayfield_2 to 1x Magnification, which is the original size.
Code:
Miniplayfield_2.Scale = 1

2.You want to move the miniplayfield_5 to the x coordinate = -200(from Table editor)
Code:
Miniplayfield_5.PositionX = -200

3.You want to rotate the miniplafield_12 in Z axis by 90 degress
Code:
Miniplayfield_12.Rotation.Z = 90

Again, I have never used these shortcuts, because they are script based only and I personally can't visualize what it means.

Instead, I load the table and then from the BAM menu, where I see exactly what is going
on, I simply have BAM give me the code and I copy it to the script..... :shock:

Last edited by Gimli on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:26 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:42 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Yes!
If you check your code you will see you have the Scale at 25.000 ( which is the same as 25.00 or 25)
not 25,000.

And that makes sense because you have magnified your room model 25x

Otherwise you have perfect understanding. Well Done !

Cheers

Ahhh...ok,I was wrong to write 25,000? :lol: :lol:

anyway thanks to you.....

still two things I have to learn about bam, which for now I would like.....

the light...and rubber

Post Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:11 pm 

wild wrote:
Gimli wrote:

the light...and rubber

1. The lighting I have never learned. However, Monnezzas seemed to have a knack for it.
So what you can try is taking his table.cfg file from one of his tables and renaming with your
tablename.

For instance Buccaneer.cfg or Abracadabra.cfg and naming NES.cfg or whatever.
And then copy to your BAM/cfg directory.

2. What do you mean Rubber? Do you mean how we got the balls bouncing in Vertical MP using
BAM physics tweaks?

I can create a demo video using my old version of the NES table with your permission, Paolo ?

3. Paolo, did you see this video?
https://youtu.be/5DFQY8ZgEiM
I took your Flame Hologram from Dragon's Keep and attached it to a pinball :lol:

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:32 am 

Gimli wrote:
wild wrote:
Gimli wrote:

the light...and rubber

1. The lighting I have never learned. However, Monnezzas seemed to have a knack for it.
So what you can try is taking his table.cfg file from one of his tables and renaming with your
tablename.

For instance Buccaneer.cfg or Abracadabra.cfg and naming NES.cfg or whatever.
And then copy to your BAM/cfg directory.

2. What do you mean Rubber? Do you mean how we got the balls bouncing in Vertical MP using
BAM physics tweaks?

I can create a demo video using my old version of the NES table with your permission, Paolo ?

3. Paolo, did you see this video?
https://youtu.be/5DFQY8ZgEiM
I took your Flame Hologram from Dragon's Keep and attached it to a pinball :lol:

yah, Monnezzas , was good at this, I have watched Buccaneer many times, but I would like to understand the system....what is changed, with what criterion, how to modify the flashes....in short, understand how it is done :D

yes using the BAM physics tweaks, give a the walls, putting them in rubber, a little more strength.....how you do it?

sure, go ahead... :D great demo, send it to me too, so I learn also I,but you what put , ? model or textures, on the ball? I like the fireball, send me this too, if I send you an object, what do you want a model or a texture? Would you make me a ball like that?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:37 pm 

wild wrote:
sure, go ahead... :D great demo, send it to me too, so I learn also I,but you what put , ? model or textures, on the ball? I like the fireball, send me this too, if I send you an object, what do you want a model or a texture? Would you make me a ball like that?

you can attach almost anything to the ball.
It is really easy, I can show you how, now that you are learning how to use miniplayfield

I explain it here under Section D:
viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=55&t=6587&p=85768#p85768

Here is the demo table if you want to try it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1uc1whmxrmaen ... g.fpt?dl=0

and you can try this demo too:
Make sure "Ball Marks/Dirt" is enabled in FP video rendering settings

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lzmf9zmh8uknv ... d.fpt?dl=0
ball textures will change when ball hits slingshots or when you press "B" "c" and "V" on keyboard

If you want I can make the table easier by just having the fireball in the script....
and send me any model or textures you would like to try....

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:19 pm 

Paolo,
Here is a demo table with just the Flaming ball

I deleted the coding for the other balls
and I collected all the scripting for you under "Wild"
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zi89cy4qhj1pr ... l.fpt?dl=0

Anyone is free to try it... :D

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:48 pm 

OK,thanks ,Bob,but there's a problem, all three demos, I get stuck at the start.....all in crash :shock: unbelievable :o

a question, but what version of bam do you use?

Post Posted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:00 pm 

really?
That's weird !
version 195 or 196 I think....

I am working a demo video for rubber should be up soon....
https://youtu.be/wCm6_t0naSU

After you save xml file as in video, in order for the new xml to be loaded, you have to exit
Future Pinball and restart table...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner