Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: PC version of Pinball Arcade now on Steam
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:38 pm 

lol... they are scared :)

Let me clarify... Standing behind your product when you are confident means you are not worried about how Betas are perceived because they are just that - betas. But when you start saying not to post screenies or videos its because you are worried how people will perceive this product. So far (and again just going on my own observations) it doesn't seem that much of a step over the mac version yet. Matter of fact it seems for now the mac version can run at a higher resolution.

What gets me is that they have had a good year since the mac version came out to think about how to tackle some of these issues and they've done nothing really. Here's hoping that when the PC build is out (what did they say - 2 weeks or so?) it has vast improvements from what i've already seen :)

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:58 pm 

Open: that just isn't how it works. Most software companies don't allow closed betas pics or vids until they are at a level they consider reflects the finished products. Whether you agree or not, many people will formulate an opinion of a screenshot as if that's the final version.

The story on why they are not running at full capacity on pc has been explained ad infinitum on the pinballarcadefans.com forums. Lets just say their hands were tied until they got the steam devkits and they couldn't get that until they were greenlighted. Sucks for sure.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:06 pm 

Then I'll bite my tongue til the finished product is released :)

The Loafer wrote:
Open: that just isn't how it works. Most software companies don't allow closed betas pics or vids until they are at a level they consider reflects the finished products. Whether you agree or not, many people will formulate an opinion of a screenshot as if that's the final version.

The story on why they are not running at full capacity on pc has been explained ad infinitum on the pinballarcadefans.com forums. Lets just say their hands were tied until they got the steam devkits and they couldn't get that until they were greenlighted. Sucks for sure.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:28 pm 

still...look pretty low res compare to pinballFx2 table...but this is IMHO

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:03 am 

HappyCab wrote:

sad indeed,my mobile android version looks better. i expected the PC version to be very hi resolution. maybe after beta testing they will upgrade the graphics.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:30 pm 

personally the most hires looking tables I've played yet have been on Pinball Arcade on the ipad Retina (resolution is something like 2000x1500 squeezed into a 10" screen... WOW!)

All comments above are more than fair, just hopefully they will be more to your liking on the final version. With post processing on, they ARE too low res but I believe that will be fixed ;)

Post Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:53 am 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxhG38PgDqM

Post Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:56 am 

HappyCab wrote:

+ 1

Also noticed on the video that the reflection of the ball is coming through the flipper

Post Posted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:56 am 

On the pinball arcade PC beta forum, I noticed some impatient fans griping for it to be released now. But I agree to take all the time they need until they reach a certain standard. I still hope it's out by the end of the month....but I wouldn't be surprised if it turns into October release. update: 9/29/13: they claim to want to release it soon in the next few days to weeks....I'll believe it when I see it. :)
In the mean time, just play them on your tablets and consoles.

Until then that leaves a more exclusive domain of PC pinball to FP (and even vp).
But I'm looking forward to a release of Pinball Arcade just for the missing tables from our own FP collections.

It'll be great to have access to all 3 different pinball simulators and play almost every pinball hit in good realistic quality. All have pros and cons to each other, but I'll still prefer FP due to greater number of tables to play. (FP>PA>vp).

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:03 am 

Here is the official announcement 8-)
http://pinballarcadefans.com/content.ph ... ber-1-2013

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade