Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade Coming To PC, Consoles, & Mobile Devi
 Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:47 pm 

That's odd. I've got it for my old iPhone 3GS, and it's worked flawlessly. What is it doing?

Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Struct
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jumbobunny1

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:49 pm 

D_Struct wrote:
That's odd. I've got it for my old iPhone 3GS, and it's worked flawlessly. What is it doing?

And I have it on the 4s, haven't noticed any bugs.

GLXB

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:06 pm 

I also have some bugs with the new tables (old one run without problem so far). For example, on Pinbot, my best game is something like 40Million (without billionaire club)... but first hiscore in the game is 20 Million... (the 40 million score is in third place ?).
My real best score is more than 2.1 billion (2 billionaire club in the same game...). But there's no way to find it anywhere (completly lost?).Sometimes, all the achievements are reseted. Sometimes the score of the last game is displayed twice.

Sometimes a table needs to be redownloaded (the APP wasn't updated but the table wasn't available on the iPhone).

That's a real pity, because this is only details (apart from the download problem). The engine, the rom emulator, the physics, the sounds and so on must have been very hard to code... coding an highscore system is sooooo easy when you compare

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:22 pm 

irondragoon wrote:
I was going to write a lengthy report on how and why I felt the way I do but it will contain a lot of stuff like ^. Donations for a close sourced commercial company? Give me a effin break! lol.

I didn't think they were asking for donations. It seemed like maybe you could pre-order a special edition version or something like that for them to try and get some funds to get the project started. Most companies wouldn't be that honest in pointing out what they are doing. I commend them for it.

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:26 pm 

Glxb wrote:
D_Struct wrote:

And I have it on the 4s, haven't noticed any bugs.

GLXB

There are camera problems on bride of pinbot.
No camera settings are ever saved.
Bride of Pinbot can't save any scores over 1 billion (which is the point of the game).
Expert achievements don't unlock for some tables.
If I hold my phone horizontally when I open the game, all the menus are broken and I am forced to quit the app. The next time I open it, it immediately crashes. If I open the app vertically and then rotate it, everything is fine.

There are others. They are listed all over the fan site.
Most tables are still worth playing, but I won't play Bride of Pinbot because it won't save my scores.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:25 am 

When I was making Genie table found this funny loop bug vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuENt5VTHVQ

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:47 am 

I don't think the kickstarter idea is a great one but give them a break, people all want to pay $1-$4 for a table, anything more and the devs are called nuts by the masses. However, the reality is it's not their fault that the owners of the TZ IP's (for pinball, that's Universal I think? AND Rod Sterling for the likeness AND Williams/Bally for the pinball code). That just doesn't come cheap, I doubt very much they'll split 50 cents each from every table sold.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:10 am 

francisco666 wrote:
When I was making Genie table found this funny loop bug vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuENt5VTHVQ

:lol: :lol:
wow ... How to make super scores, while drinking his coffee (or something else ...)
this reminds me of an old pinball game for the Game Boy ... or the physics of the ball was scripted so as to leave no place at random .... :twisted:

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 am 

So when they want to recreate Star Trek, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Spiderman, Ironman, Incredible Hulk, Guns n Roses, Batman, etc will it be expected the community to throw more donations at them or can we just count on the "good" tables without big names attached?

Really, they should be putting out the pc version before Xbox and PS3. Those systems are near the end of their life cycle. Why waste resources when the SDK can change when the next generation comes out? In the meantime the hardcore among us will have $800 in DLC installed in the companies bank account. It doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Post Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:01 pm 

Well, a quality xbla game typically outsells a pc game by a huge margin so even though the sun will be setting on those consoles sooner rather than later, you can't blame companies for still providing support.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 21  Next

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade