Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Pinball Arcade Coming To PC, Consoles, & Mobile Devi
 Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:34 pm 

kin37ik wrote:
the graphics actually are not too bad, they arent as spectacular in comparison to something like the frostbite2 engine or the crytek engine, but serves well enough

i am enjoying entertaining the idea of a pinball game using the frostbite2 engine with a destructible environment. that could lead to some really cool gameplay ideas not possible on a physical table...

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:26 am 

PINBALL ARCADE: PC - We are still working on the PC engine. We will not release it until the graphics are at least up to the standards set by the 360 and PS3 versions. We also need to find distribution partners (traditional desktop and/or cabinet).

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:35 pm 

mrvr13 wrote:
PINBALL ARCADE: PC - We are still working on the PC engine. We will not release it until the graphics are at least up to the standards set by the 360 and PS3 versions. We also need to find distribution partners (traditional desktop and/or cabinet).

Would there be any way to host it at Pinsimdb or VpForums, or does that cause a pain for tax reasons etc?

GLXB

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:49 pm 

I have the feeling this product is little more than vaporware. They will make a bunch of money and disappear. That being said, I hope something comes of it.

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 12:58 pm 

I'm not sure you could categorize a worldwide release on mobile devices and at least two gaming systems as vaporware. They seem highly motivated to me, and having a mindset of taking their time to make sure their product is up to their standards should be the way all companies release their products. More software companies should follow this model instead of releasing incomplete products and patching it later.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Struct
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jumbobunny1

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:36 pm 

PINBALL ARCADE: We have good news and bad news to report on the issue of licensed tables. We’ve finally succeeded in negotiating all of the licenses we’d need to bring the Twilight Zone to the Pinball Arcade. This is unquestionably one of the greatest pinball tables of all time (and is currently #1 in IPDB’s user rankings). However the licenses are VEY expensive- so expensive that the table probably isn’t commercially viable. Some of you have suggested a Kickstarter project to raise money for the license costs and we’re considering this. We’d like to ask your opinion- is this a good idea? If we did it what should the rewards be for backers, and at what contribution levels? We’d appreciate your thoughts!

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:52 pm 

I was going to write a lengthy report on how and why I felt the way I do but it will contain a lot of stuff like ^. Donations for a close sourced commercial company? Give me a effin break! lol.

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 2:38 pm 

Glxb wrote:
mrvr13 wrote:

Would there be any way to host it at Pinsimdb or VpForums, or does that cause a pain for tax reasons etc?

GLXB

It would be really strange to do that...

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:02 pm 

irondragoon wrote:
I was going to write a lengthy report on how and why I felt the way I do but it will contain a lot of stuff like ^. Donations for a close sourced commercial company? Give me a effin break! lol.

Poor business model aside, I was merely stating that what they're doing hardly constitutes vaporware at this point, by definition. The mobile app came out how long ago?

We need a bit more time (like Daikatana time) to make a call like that. I have no doubt it'll hit the shelves.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/D_Struct
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/jumbobunny1

Post Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:41 pm 

D_Struct wrote:
I'm not sure you could categorize a worldwide release on mobile devices and at least two gaming systems as vaporware. They seem highly motivated to me, and having a mindset of taking their time to make sure their product is up to their standards should be the way all companies release their products. More software companies should follow this model instead of releasing incomplete products and patching it later.

It's definitely not vaporware. However, my iPhone version is buggy as hell and almost everything in it needs a patch.

I am very, very psyched that they even mentioned the word cabinet with the PC version.

As for hosting it here, they don't need a place to host it, they need a distribution channel to handle the orders for the games, like Steam. That is why the game is available in app stores and as online purchases for consoles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball Arcade