Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Unity 3D pinball

Post subject: Re: Pinball Unit3D Progress
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:59 pm 

I'd really suggest trying the Beta version and the tables for it. The physics isn't perfect yet, but it is pretty user-tweakable - I expect the tables will have better physics later on; this is a beta, after all, and tweaking the tables isn't as important as the engine. Even so, Scared Stiff is absolutely gorgeous and plays an enjoyable game. I found the Addams Family to play like it's in syrup and Class of 1812 to be a little to dark at the bottom or (when I modified the lights) washed out on top, but play pretty well. Haven't had a chance to try the others.

I'm hoping that in the end Unit3D will have the best of both worlds - the ROM emulation of VP with the redrawn tables of FP. (And yes, I know there are some redraws in VP. But the culture of VP seems to be against it, while the FP culture demands it.)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:42 pm 

Heh long time since I've been here, back on the FP building looking for some flasher bulbs. Looks like trusty Steve has the bulbs i'm after :) standard.

You can't knock these flipper physics once you edit the script (one line). I'm sure each table will probably be different from the next but it's pretty much one setting to get the flippers right. Beats TPA, which I can't handle playing because I don't think the physics are great in that. Gfx are decent, but that isn't enough sometimes. TPA is casual gaming pinball IMO, anyone can pick that up & be good at it and that's what makes the moola.

This is what i'm using for the white water, haven't finished the game but each time I test I have to force myself to stop playing it cos it's really good.
// Flippers
Global.Physics.g_FlipperForceMultiplier = 300f; and some of their tables I've gone right down to 100f

The metal & rubbers seem to stick a bit atm especialy on the slings but that's the friction settings which I'm not sure are doing much, need to play with it some more.

Out of the box physics for this is way too powerful. Keep that in mind.

You can do all the stuff that you can do on real table, soft taps, flip pass, post pass, cradle separations etc. Shots are great, not too assisted like other sims and it's not flipper scattering all over the shop like FP. You can literally jump in a new table with the standard FP flipper angles & be good.

I converted the Lethal weapon table just to practice and it doesn't take long at all, don't be worried about c#. It's easy enough to reference the other games, most parts of a table is covered in those few that are out. C# power, you got a hell of a lot of freedom now.

Just to convert a table especially without a moving toy is a walk in the park once you know a few things. I far from know every nook & cranny in script but getting there. Like they said the API is pretty big and needs a fair bit of work to get the documentation out for it. Which i'm most looking forward to for original tables. I'm sure once the regs here get on that you will have your FP library converted in no time.

I could go on.......she's sick! Ich libe es

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:42 am 

Is there a prescribt file to play for example our orginals in Unity? Per time I can only load a table, but only can see the wonderful graphic and lightning! Is there somthing, that I can learn the scribts (also understandable how and what to do to get a table playable), please?
Scribting is for me like spanish eyes. It would be great to can introduce myself without any
previous knowledge.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:33 pm 

REALLY AMAZING!!! That's my first impressions for this new software (cause I've already seen the demos in your YouTube channel). There are still much more problems to solve for making it a success, but well... at least you got my approval. Patience, enthusiasm and dedication needed for reaching the goal. GOOD LUCK in your project!

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:37 am 

Anything new? Or just another vaporware?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:48 pm 

Zorgar wrote:
Anything new? Or just another vaporware?

A vaporware is something that you only see... it's not the case with Pinball Unity, it's available on their website (beta).

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:33 am 

TheNalex wrote:
A vaporware is something that you only see... it's not the case with Pinball Unity, it's available on their website (beta).
I see only an alpha version. Vaporware is something with a lot of talk and promises but it never gets delivered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

Let's hope that it is not.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:40 am 

Zorgar wrote:
TheNalex wrote:
I see only an alpha version. Vaporware is something with a lot of talk and promises but it never gets delivered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

Let's hope that it is not.

So it doesn't apply, you can play it right now (not the final product, but it's available for download) ;)

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:15 pm 

I wonder if they could put my self in the credits http://unit3dpinball.net/index.php?pa=userdoc, and that someone could put my 4 free pdf beginner guides into one zip folder. I know its not in the language of C#, but it might help. Because what i have read is that peoples can load fpt tables into the software. Not sure if they could put my table: http://www.pinsimdb.org/fr/flipper/table-5544-crazy_skull_pinball on the page of: http://unit3dpinball.net/index.php?pa=tables even if i know that my table in my scripting, it have some script indications to help; also that halloween is comming. Have a nice day! A+

Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:53 am 

would be wonderful

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Unity 3D pinball