Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Unity 3D pinball

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: [DEV] Tracking Louizou work
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:52 pm 

n3X_VI wrote:
as i understood louizou, the unity-project-files (source-code) will be available for both vp & fp community... but you will need a valid unity-3d license to use that source, compile it & distribute the .exe

and that license should be bought/provided to louizou... thats de facto 750$ per community (1$ per member? sounds good to me)

If all coding outside of the actual Unity engine was open source I would donate. My concern would be the physics would be locked down and the code that drives the event hooks from vpinmame would not be availiable. This isn't another active X control is it?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:03 pm 

i understood that the whole table script stays, as usual, in the fpt-file (only it uses c# as script language and includes special vpm-calls)... physics should of course also be adjustable within that script (as every table needs its own settings)

but maybe louizou can clarify that himself...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:32 pm 

you're right , n3x_VI

I hope that most of components and params , not only physics , will be fully customizable by scripting.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:26 am 

Hi louizou.
I know its all still a long way off, but have you done any experiments with high poly models?
FP takes forever to load it at all with any high poly models.
How about textures etc.?
What I trying to ask is have you done any tests with a table that Future Pinball would not run very well if at all?

Also does your app load in from the libraries if they are there or will we need to make sure they are all in the FPT file?

Hope that makes sense, really looking forward to see how we can push a new engine.
And if I had any spare money at all (Baby Number 4 is due in just over 1 week) I would donate in a heartbeat.

GLXB

Post Posted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:01 pm 

hi glxb ,
and first of all , thanks for such beatifull tables you have done in FP, i'm a fan.

never tested with hi poly models ,i think it depends on the physic model... do you have a particular table in mind i should test ?

for most of tested tables , i get similar fps than in FP

my app , thanks to lvr's work ,knows if any data is located either in the fpt , FP lib or addditive lib , and extract the necessary data with no problem.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:24 am 

louizou wrote:
hi glxb ,
and first of all , thanks for such beatifull tables you have done in FP, i'm a fan.

never tested with hi poly models ,i think it depends on the physic model... do you have a particular table in mind i should test ?

for most of tested tables , i get similar fps than in FP

my app , thanks to lvr's work ,knows if any data is located either in the fpt , FP lib or addditive lib , and extract the necessary data with no problem.

Thanks but my tables look nice because of who I work with (Highlnder00, rom, francisco, Steve etc)

What I'm trying to get at is how it will handle texture sizes and model sizes beyond what are normally put in FP.
For example it tends to break at any texture over 2048x4096 and any model over about 2000 polys.
I can make up a couple of tables for you to try if you want.

GLXB

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:17 am 

Glxb wrote:

For example it tends to break at any texture over 2048x4096 and any model over about 2000 polys.

GLXB

Unity's max texture size is 4096x4096 . And for the number of polys , i don't know exactly the limit but i think more than 2000 souldn't be a problem.

Of course , you can make big tables, it'll be a pleasure to test them .do not hesitate

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:20 am 

louizou wrote:
Glxb wrote:

GLXB

Unity's max texture size is 4096x4096 . And for the number of polys , i don't know exactly the limit but i think more than 2000 souldn't be a problem.

Of course , you can make big tables, it'll be a pleasure to test them .do not hesitate

OK then, later I'll do a table with a playfield texture of 4096x4096 and a model in the middle with about 25000 polys, just for overkill. ;)

GLXB

Post Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:17 pm 

I hope more people make donations for this project!!! <3

Post Posted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:37 am 

MRZ999 wrote:
I hope more people make donations for this project!!! <3

I did this afternoon. I'm not sure what the current total is but I believe the last post I saw said that we were 1/4 of the way there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Unity 3D pinball