Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Visual Pinball

Post subject: Re: New graphics in VP makes it closer to FP. Please look! :
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:50 pm 

No prob, that was a quick list. If something doesn't work, don't get discouraged, come back here and let me know, I may have forgotten to tell you something, this was from memory. :)

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:37 am 

Hi Loafer,
Don't really understand, why people in VP forum says, tables plays like in space, the physics mod too.
Is there something to compare, that I can try to do FP physics as similar as VP physics mod 5.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:47 pm 

Opinions are just that, opinions. For me (and me only here) I don't think FP physics are awful though some authors have better success than others. FP physics are ok, it's specifically the flipper physics that can annoy me at times but even annoyed, I still have lots of fun with most of these tables. Zedonius flipper physics are pretty damn good, but sometimes I think FP itself seems to add unwelcome randomness to some of the shots, but it's not that big an issue, tables are still super fun to play.

Anyway, who cares if someone thinks FP physics are floaty, it's just an opinion and The only opinion that counts is your own. So I am asking you, are you happy with the physics? If yes, enjoy! :)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:50 am 

Yeaaa :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:45 am 

I installed VP recently just on my regular PC. It's interesting because it offers tables that don't exist for FP. VP doesn't have a good 3D feeling and many tables look ugly. Many tables require a special version of VP to work well and it's up to you to figure that out. Advantage are rom based accurate rules and slightly better physics. Problems are always the flippers. Backhands lead to weird results.

Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 7:54 pm 

hello to all:

this may have been answered but does vpforums fp tables work with pimsimdb fp software with their tables. they do have alot of future pinball tables. seems like the pinsimdb software would work with the fp tables from vpforums.

loafer: you also cleared up some steps for me also but still confuseing. I have tried to download the vp format but to get it to run its like you got to download 20 steps before even attempt to download the table and play it and even then its tricky. it should not be that complicated. and if you ask for help at vpforums they will say oh its easy to understand and to execute. maybe for them they went through the same thing as I'm doing now; yeah they can say its easy, yeah right, but to help a newbe out sorry you on your own out of luck its like they do not want to help a newbe out. just my opinion.

pinballwarrior

Post Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:50 pm 

I've played both. I just finished building my first cabinet and honestly i've lost my mind trying to get VP working. If its not one thing its another. I'll stick with FP.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:00 am 

gpzjack wrote:
I've played both. I just finished building my first cabinet and honestly i've lost my mind trying to get VP working. If its not one thing its another. I'll stick with FP.

I felt the same way after I got my cab finished... but after many members said having both is the best way and after seeing why VP wasnt working , its a breeze now... VP does have some really nice tables now, dont get me wrong there is tons of trash tables also being made daily but for the most part most new tables looks and play really well...

but back to getting VP to work , you must have the newest windows framework for your OS and also DirectX, dont even try to get it working without those... then get the full install of VP 990 and the cab version of PinMAME... once you can get a table to run on the cab... then start worrying about the B2S backglasses.... I know all this sounds like a pain... but you will be happy when you can run FP and VP... and to get each table running is only a few extra mins per table... it is ridiculous its not just a single download... but i guess some people want different roms and all that craziness... anyway congrats on the new cab, enjoy!!

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Visual Pinball