Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Visual Pinball

Post subject: New graphics in VP makes it closer to FP. Please look! :)
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:46 am 

The new table updates in VP are Amazing! There is some tables that you need the new EXE for and they are incredible if you ask me!

Here you find them:

Scared Stiff
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27121

Cirqus Voltaire
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=22503

Judge Dredd
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27324

Totan
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27169

Medieval Madness
http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=27072

Maybe I missed some table, but you find all the tables above and updates in the future in this forum: http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showforum=80

You need this to download the DX9 exe called Test8 to be sure the above tables work. But you can try the newest too and in the future this text will be too old so you have to read what update you need. Just download the new exe and start from your VP folder. You need to change the display to WINDOWS FULL SCREEN. Now run in as administrator and you ready to PARTYYYYYYYYYYYY!

Have a nice day all!

Post subject: Re: New graphics in VP makes it closer to FP. Please look! :
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:16 pm 

Why always to compare FP to VP ... VP to FP? Why to say "... makes it closer to FP ..."?

But maybe it was not your intention!

I don't consider FP as better than VP, nor moreover VP as better than FP !!!

VP and FP is two different systems with each their properties, their defects and qualities. I'm a fan of pinball machines from now on more than 40 years old and of virtual pinball machines since their creation, and I use both systems, which each in its own way fascinates me ...

"VP : New graphics with DX, a new challenge ... Please look! ..." would have been good as title but it is only my humble opinion of the fan who takes advantage both system ...

Momoch

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:33 pm 

I understand you Momoch!

Hard not to compare these two gigants in Pinball with eachother. Both are awsome I think. I also have used both for a long time. But mostly FP since the start of Slamt1lt's special versions of tables.

Its only a grapic change in VP, but it makes so much difference. Just wanted people to know about it =)

Post Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:11 pm 

I wouldn't mind trying VP on my cab if someone could explain exactly WHAT TO F'ING DOWNLOAD. Trying to get an answer from VP guys is ridiculous. I ask you the same questions then, what version(s) of what software(s) would I use for a three monitor cab? I only use a three monitor cab, and I only want 1 version of VP that plays on a three monitor cab. I don't want any other software but what I need. So, what do I have to download to play games like FP would play right out of the box? FP is very user friendly, download 1 EXE and it works on everything, it looks great, sounds great, plays well and is easy to understand. No one could ever give me an answer, so someone enlighten me, please.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:31 am 

No idea. I think VP is hard enough to get working on a computer... :) Their guide works great so if you havent tried it on a normal comp, just do that first. If you like it you maybe get energy to get it working on your cab.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:03 am 

There is no one-exe solution for cab, that's it that's all. There are guides that do a good job though and the adventure of setting everything up is quite rewarding. But no easy way out. then again, If I want my FP to have a better cab view (BAM), support for real DMD (Macro's work), better physics (fp2.3, 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, Zebulon's) and support for ledWiz toys, there's no easy way to get that working either.

In other words, you get something out of the effort you put in and the information is out there. I can whip out in point form some of the stuff you have to do, but not matter what you want to do, some leg work and huge effort is required on the guy/gal trying to install it. That's just the way it is.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:16 am 

I'm not looking for a one exe solution, I'm looking for which versions I need for my setup. Seems like there are a lot of VP versions out there, and specific tables for each version. I'm not sure if I need the cab tables, or the spanned tables. From what I've read I would need pinmame, and a specific version of VP minimum. Now does that control the DMD too or is there other software required?
I'm not looking for 'click and go', but I would love for someone to say, you need this and this and that and you would use these tables, and I'll figure it out from there. When I tried to research it 95% of the threads are 4-5 years old. I'd like to start with the above mentioned software and start from scratch with only the best looking tables.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:57 pm 

Hi PinballShawn1,

Did you try the forum "VP Universe ( http://vpuniverse.com/index.php/index.html )" ? This forum is specialized at the level of the world "VP FS - CAB".

Momoch

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:58 pm 

ok here goes:

- get VP 9.2.1 full version and do NOT install it in the program files folder. It will work if you put it there but depending on what OS you are using, some headaches come with it
- then get latest VP DX9 tech beta, just put the exe in the folder you install VP in, don't have to replace the exe, they both live together just fine
- get the fonts pack at VPF and put them in your font folder
- get the latest VBS script pack at VPF and put them in the script or tables folder (I put them in both)
- get the latest VPM at VPF, get the one that matches your pindmd driver board (I think they have one that fits all now, should be evident on download screen). If you want to mess with SAM games, then get the VPM at VPUniverse instead. Once you have VPM set up, set your defaults which you will see an option to enable the pindmd.
- get the roms at VPF, put them in the Vpinmame\roms folder and do NOT unzip them
- get the DB2S server stuff at VPF or VPU and install it, read the docs
- get FS version of tables and db2s backglasses, put them in the tables folder unzipped (both of them!)
- for FS VPM tables (ie: tables that run emulated code from VPM), you may have to change one line for it to use the db2s server and thus will load backglass automatically. I think if you rename the table to match the db2s name, you don't have to add it to an xml but I forget right now, but the docs should state this.
- don't touch spanned tables, they are not meant for the current cab setups and only work with xp I think

That should be a good start...

Rob

Post Posted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:43 pm 

Thank you! I truly appreciate you taking the time to outline what I need. I've asked the same question over and over and nobody knew the answer. I realize not many people have cabs like mine. I see all these advancements in VP, but I was hoping someone would release a slightly user-friendly version because the majority of people that don't use it cannot figure it out. Everyone has to understand that we walk into this blind. Unless someone points us in the right direction we just walk away.
Again, thank you.

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Visual Pinball