Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball FX2

Post subject: Making Cabinet Buttons Work With FX2 and FX3
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:58 pm 

I have built a fully functional VP,FP, Cabinet virtual pinball machine, thanks to this forum and the many other contributing forums. However I have been searching for a step by step tutorial describing how to make my cabinet buttons work with FX2 & 3. I would like to add a few of these tables to my cabinet but refuse to purchase them until I get one of the free ones to work. I don't like playing pinball with my keyboard on top of my cabinet. Steam support directed me to contact the table builders (ZEN) which in turn replied that some time in the future they may add this but it's currently not available.
If anyone could direct me to a tutorial I would be a happy pinhead. Thanks :roll:

Post subject: Re: Making Cabinet Buttons Work With FX2 and FX3
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:54 pm 

I think TerryRed plays these tables on his pincab. I don't know anything about it myself.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:53 pm 

Thanks George, you always seem to be here. I wiil go through Terry's archives and see what I can find. I'm sure there are other pinheads that would like a guide to this topic so when I find the answer I will report back to this forum.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 12:32 pm 

OK, I've done some research and a lot of reading and come up with a solution. All I wanted was to get my cabinet flipper buttons working for Pinball FX 2 & 3. Checked out DOF , got it installed and wrote a .ini file for flippers only and it was a no go. (i probably did some thing wrong with the install). I will need DOF for the PIN UP stuff a later project.
The solution is a shareware program called Joy To Key, it doesn't write anything to the registry so you need to have it running when you start Pinball FX 2 or 3. Simply read the instructions and create a .cfg file for your flipper button set up. Leave the program running and start Pinball FX 2 0r 3. Now you can use your flippers.
Hope this helps others that have been stumbling around trying to figure it out!

OBTW If you use the program Joy TO Key - Please send the author the $7.00 so he can keep writing good shareware. ;)

Board index » Others Pinball Simulations » Pinball FX2