Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM Lighting Setup
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:32 pm 

Oh ya , I forget to mention...another way to add a lighting effect is to use BAM
to create a huge Light object and place adjacent to the table to act as an external source of light of any colour... :shock:

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:40 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Oh ya , I forget to mention...another way to add a lighting effect is to use BAM
to create a huge Light object and place adjacent to the table to act as an external source of light of any colour... :shock:

That would be very cool for horror based tables...blood red lighting...

Hmm...so we have the singular "Global Lighting" Light in BAM. Can that be controlled via script for position, colour and intensity, etc?? I wondered about being able to reproduce a "beacon" effect somehow on a table with rotating or moving red "hardware" light.

For addressable Leds...

Yes I was referring to the REAL addressable leds in my cabinet that make up a matrix. Each of them can be controlled independently for colour, fading, intensity,etc...as they each have a shit register chip to pass on DATA.

Like seen here...

https://youtu.be/sguD2L3w0og?t=219

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:37 pm 

wild wrote:
The New Renderer, is a fantastic thing,for more(activate the tail or wake of the luminous ball) I used it,and given the possibility with the cfg file for those who want activate the NR it,and can use it, in a couple of my table. but it takes a super pc to exploit it to the fullest.

@Slam, this it is a godsend for you, it takes a couple of other things(dark art playfields, etc). to make sure that: I adjust the light section as desired, you get good lighting effects .... pity that you speak only in English in your video. ;)

ok, since you are the the "right man" for the lights :lol: , what would you say to make a nice effect in TR, of course I'll prepare the play-dark ..... if you need only that,I hope

sorry but I did not understand the GI, what it is.

Yes, didn't think about the people who can't speak English! Sorry about that. I will transcribe in English so you can Google Translate to Italian.

GI - General Illumination, all the bulbs under the plastics. When flashers flash, they generally turn off all GI to make the flashers look brighter. A simple trick but pinball games have been doing it for decades. I use the same technique.

TR (Total Recall) will look amazing with some advanced lighting techniques.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:03 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
Gimli wrote:

That would be very cool for horror based tables...blood red lighting...

Hmm...so we have the singular "Global Lighting" Light in BAM. Can that be controlled via script for position, colour and intensity, etc?? I wondered about being able to reproduce a "beacon" effect somehow on a table with rotating or moving red "hardware" light.

Good idea to make light configurable in script...I bet Rav could do it...as we are able to do it from a menu and to change light by Game events would be cool....

I could put a beacon model on top the table that emits different colored lights and rotates that might be cool....

Post Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:30 pm 

Not sure if FP hardware lights / flashers can act as a Spot Light of some sort to project a focused light...if so, and it can be moved / rotated that could create some cool effects.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:29 am 

To emphasis why it's important to not just have image lights on the playfield...

Trying to play older version of tables in VR...such as the older Jaws Ultimate...

....when using the same kind of BAM lighting settings used with the new Ultimate Pro version of Jaws, the older table is almost completely dark. You can't see any inserts lighting up, and you don't have the hardware lighting used for GI. Hard to see anything.

Withe the new Jaws table, by having the flares and image light used correctly together, and using BAM's nicer rendering with the hardware lighting....Jaws Ultimate Pro in VR is AMAZING....stunning really!

It looks so damn realistic, I havent played on my cab with the released version yet because I am hooked on playing with BAM VR. If you haven't seen FP in VR with this table... find a buddy who has a RIFT or VIVE setup and just run BAM VR. Easy to setup.

The key is setting Transparency Anti-Aliasing in nvidia control panel...and AA in-game via BAM menu. That makes everything look REALLY nice.

Wow...just WOW!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:01 am 

Now I'm jealous! I love me some Pinball VR (Zen on PSVR), and I'd love to one day play my own games in VR. I don't have the money to buy any new hardware just yet, but certainly in the future.

Combined with advanced audio mixing, the VR experience would be incredible.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:35 am 

Try VR ridge/rift cat on your cell phone with Google cardboard

https://youtu.be/DkKzbbPigGY
https://youtu.be/bg9V8u9tp3Y

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:37 am 

https://youtu.be/E1oMFZx9s3o

This is for demo purposes only...but we can use BAM "miniplayfield" to simulate
LED flashers

This might be cool for instance in Horror tables, as Terry suggested, where you could turn GI lights off and switch to blood red flashers etc...

:o

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:12 pm 

Gimli wrote:
https://youtu.be/E1oMFZx9s3o

This is for demo purposes only...but we can use BAM "miniplayfield" to simulate
LED flashers

This might be cool for instance in Horror tables, as Terry suggested, where you could turn GI lights off and switch to blood red flashers etc...

:o

VERY NICE!

Not sure how much of a pain it is to make that work...BUT that would be VERY cool for GI hardware lighting and flashers to work that way. Can make for some very cool atmospheric lighting...even just from the GI sling lights....

When used right with "Dark night" lighting...wow that would look damn cool!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner