Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:57 pm 

wild wrote:
in fact it is sometimes better if we do not exaggerate :mrgreen:

True
I don't think I am exaggerating but I am dreaming :D

There are variations between modes
(Desktop, Arcade and BAM VR)

For people's info, "Forced Arcade Mode"
Is accomplished by enabling "desktop" in FP settings
And then choosing "force arcade mode" in BAM
And you must be in "Static mode" in BAM

You will see the difference between Arcade Mode and Forced Arcade Mode if you press F11 and use mouse and "W,S,A,D" keys to pan around room

with generic arcade mode there is only the main playfield visible, BUT with Forced Arcade Mode you see everything!

So within forced arcade mode if you set camera angle , you can play the game from any position

Last edited by Gimli on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:47 pm 

Gimli wrote:
wild wrote:
in fact it is sometimes better if we do not exaggerate :mrgreen:

True
I don't think I am exaggerating but I am dreaming :D

There are variations between modes
(Desktop, Arcade and BAM VR)

For people's info, "Forced Arcade Mode"
Is accomplished by enabling "desktop" in FP settings
And then choosing "force arcade mode" in BAM

You will see the difference between Arcade Mode and Forced Arcade Mode if you press F11 and use mouse and "W,S,A,D" keys to pan around room

with generic arcade mode there is only the main playfield visible, BUT with Forced Arcade Mode you see everything!

So within forced arcade mode if you set camera angle , you can play the game from any position

Gimli,

I only have one monitor and use "Forced Arcade Mode" all the time. When you use it, you can see everything both playfield and translite and the whole room all on the main monitor. I was wandering if you use "Forced Arcade Mode", can you still set up a second monitor to only display the translite?

TerryRed says he doesn't use it because when he plays Slamt1lt's tables the videos slow down and get out of sync with the sound. I'm guessing "Forced Arcade Mode" must use more processing power than the straight FP arcade mode.

George

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:37 pm 

gimli wrote:
True
I don't think I am exaggerating but I am dreaming

I said in the sense of not exaggerating in asking things to rav, bob .. :D

in fact one of my dreams and happened, with krull(real)

I did not understand well if this Force Arcade Mode, can central with the zoom of BG :?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:16 pm 

Here is my opinion about custom camera in script:
- using mini-playfield to move/zoom camera at backbox is not "safe" solution. I saw people playing on desktop with single monitor in portrait mode, ultra-wide monitor horizontal (2560x1080). It will be freaking hard to make it look good on all that desktop configs.
- i see 3 types of configs:
1) desktop, with single monitor
2) cab, with 2 monitors
3) VR
Camera control makes sense only on desktops.
In cab (with "BAM-view") you should not move table and change view.
In VR moving of camera is best way to create motion-sicknes. Also it will instantly break feel-of-reality.
In my opinion, we can do only discus about moving camera on desktops (1). We can talk about what and how to do it.
I think, that script should be aware, that it is running in VR mode or in CAB and make decision how to react.
Example (about NES table):
1) on desktop: we can add "zoom camera to backbox". It make sense.
2) on CAB, backbox is visible, but mini-playfield is not displayed. So, for example, we can hide mini-playfield-with-pricess (make it not visible for player) and in moment, when we want to play on it, we can move whole "mini-playfield" and put it just over glass of main playfield.
3) in VR, we can do same thing as on CAB, but put playfield on different position (rotated, like BAM menu in VR).

Right now i have to do some other stuffs than adding things to BAM. I will look at it again in next week.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:46 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
It will be freaking hard to make it look good on all that desktop configs.
2) cab, with 2 monitors
3) VR
In my opinion, we can do only discus about moving camera on desktops (1). We can talk about what and how to do it.
I think, that script should be aware, that it is running in VR mode or in CAB and make decision how to react.
2) on CAB, backbox is visible, but mini-playfield is not displayed. So, for example, we can hide mini-playfield-with-pricess (make it not visible for player) and in moment, when we want to play on it, we can move whole "mini-playfield" and put it just over glass of main playfield.
3) in VR, we can do same thing as on CAB, but put playfield on different position (rotated, like BAM menu in VR).

Right now i have to do some other stuffs than adding things to BAM. I will look at it again in next week.

Thanks for responding and absolutley put it on the list of possible ideas for much later.
I agree it will be used most by desktop users.
But it seems to me that you can run all 3 (VR, arcade and desktop) under Force Arcade Mode.

My Animation sequence works in all 3 modes, I have tried it....with some bugs :D

Here's what I mean. See video

https://youtu.be/typnZcWk6L8

Last edited by Gimli on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 pm 

In the Above I did the following
1. Selected desktop mode in FP settings
2.Selected Force Arcade Mode (under "Addons"
3.Select "Static Mode" in BAM (which is used for VR and Arcade Mode as well)
4.Select "Animation Sequencer" Where I can choose n camera angle and again
it works in all 3 modes

What are the reasons to consider this:
1. BackGlass miniplayfields are too small with just "lookatbackbox"
2.Also pretty small in VR Mode (so option to zoom would be cool)
3.Backglass minplayfields do not project to second monitor in arcadd mode
(so you can zoom to backglass on the main arcade monitor this way)
4.Unlimited camera settings
5.Ability to create cool attract mode panning around room and table etc..

Last edited by Gimli on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:05 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:59 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
- using mini-playfield to move/zoom camera at backbox is not "safe" solution. I saw people playing on desktop with single monitor in portrait mode, ultra-wide monitor horizontal (2560x1080). It will be freaking hard to make it look good on all that desktop configs.
2) cab, with 2 monitors
3) VR
Camera control makes sense only on desktops.
In cab (with "BAM-view") you should not move table and change view.
In VR moving of camera is best way to create motion-sicknes. Also it will instantly break feel-of-reality.

for first,thanks for your answer, and be available, but there is no rush to do this kind of modification, take all the time that you need.

I understand that the zoom is only suitable for those who, like me, have a desktop,and is a problem for those who use a cab, or a vr, I do not even know what it is, so I can only talk about something that affects the desktop(zoom), cab and vr, I do not understand anything.

a question, however, rav, I do not understand point 2, where you talk about this... we can hide mini-playfield-with-pricess (make it not visible for player) and in moment, when we want to play on it, we can move whole "mini-playfield" and put it just over glass of main playfield.

I do not have a mini-playfield princess....in my version of pinball nes...maybe you refer to the version of gimli.che is totally different from mine, I'm sorry if I say this, I do not know what it means....especially if we talk about cab.

ok, when you think it's appropriate, we'll talk better, meanwhile many thanks, if the zoom mode in BG, you can make, in desktop mode.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:15 pm 

before discussing other things, I'm here, I did not go away, from gopinball, we're talking about my table, so I'd like to be warned, and involved first. I kindly ask you bob .... ok

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 pm 

Sorry Paolo,
I will make sure to ask next time.

I understand you temporarily putting this on hold...so I was wrong to use it. I haven't
add a thing to what sent you.

Do you want me to remove it?

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:50 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Sorry Paolo,
I will make sure to ask next time.

I understand you temporarily putting this on hold...so I was wrong to use it. I haven't
add a thing to what sent you.

Do you want me to remove it?

you do not have to remove it, the point is not this,

the point is to make rav, more things, and I do not want, not from me....I do not know what you asked him, but rav, talk about cab, and RV, and princess mini-playfield, it's things I do not know anything about, I did not ask you this, so how should I behave?

Last edited by wild on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner