Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:50 am
Posts: 1192
Location: Paris - France
Gimli wrote:
Popotte, I edited my stuff
so the links above might be wrong now..

Corrected

_________________
Les cons ça ose tout. C'est même à  ça qu'on les reconnaît.
My tables avalaible at http://www.pinsimdb.org/fpreleases/ and http://www.irpinball.org/
Image
Image
Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1218
ok, guys, I try to understand, but I can ask you to put, a demo?

@gimli,this command xBAM.GameRoom= false/true, where should I put?

my gameroom, in pinbal nes,should show or not?

@george, this command xBAM.FixScore where should I put?

I put myself in the shoes of a new one in bam, if I do not understand anything either :lol:

thanks


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2478
Location: Arkansas, USA
wild wrote:
...@george, this command xBAM.FixScore where should I put?


I wrote "It is best to put ' xBAM.FixScore on a separate line by itself and not inside an existing subroutine. I like to add it just below "Option Explicit"."

You can pretty much save it anywhere that is not inside a subroutine. It doesn't always seem to work above "Option Explicit" so I usually place it immediately below it.

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 2813
Location: Ontario, Canada
wild wrote:
ok, guys, I try to understand, but I can ask you to put, a demo?
@gimli,this command xBAM.GameRoom= false/true, where should I put?


I will use Dragon's Keep as an example. At the top of script Franzleo/Wild already had:
Code:
If BAM_VERSION > 157 Then
      xBAM.GameRoom = false
End If
End If

This code has the fail safe code in it "if BAM_VERSION > 157 Then" (Version 157 was the first with this feature)

"xBAM.GameRoom = false " Will make sure the Standard room does not interfere with
the Excellent game room you guys made (if Render Game Room happens to be enabled in FP settings)

I tweaked your code as folllows:
Code:
Dim RoomNumber
If BAM_VERSION > 157 Then
      xBAM.GameRoom = false
      RoomNumber = 1
   End If
End If


Added Variable "Dim RoomNumber"
And I set RoomNumber = 1
Then I added a cheatcode to switch between rooms

Code:
If keycode = 48 then 'B on keyboard
      RoomNumber = RoomNumber + 1
      If RoomNumber > 2 then RoomNumber = 1
      If RoomNumber = 2 then xBAM.GameRoom = True:Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo( 258,   534, -950,       0,       0,       0,    0,       0):Exit Sub:End if
      If RoomNumber = 1 then xBAM.GameRoom = False:Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo( 258,   534, -950,       0,       0,       0,    50,       0):Exit Sub:End if
End if


To hide your Game Room, I took you miniplayfield code which was:
Code:
Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo( 258,   534, -950,       0,       0,       0,    50,       0)

and change the Scale of 50 to 0
Code:
Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo( 258,   534, -950,       0,       0,       0,    0,       0)



https://youtu.be/dzL3oiE7SaQ
Here is the modded table ( use "B" to toggle Game Room)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/myt16p8ufvfxu ... h.rar?dl=0


Last edited by Gimli on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 2813
Location: Ontario, Canada
:oops:
I forgot to add the Fail Safe Code to my keyboard shortcut.
It should be

Code:
If keycode = 48 then 'B on keyboard
If BAM_VERSION > 157 Then
      RoomNumber = RoomNumber + 1
      If RoomNumber > 2 then RoomNumber = 1
      If RoomNumber = 2 then xBAM.GameRoom = True:Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo( 258,   534, -950,       0,       0,       0,    0,       0):Exit Sub:End if
      If RoomNumber = 1 then xBAM.GameRoom = False:Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo( 258,   534, -950,       0,       0,       0,    50,       0):Exit Sub:End if
End if
End if



Some players like to have no games room just black space around table.
This is easy to add as RoomNumber = 3 as follows:
Code:
If keycode = 48 then 'B on keyboard
   If BAM_VERSION > 157 Then
      RoomNumber = RoomNumber + 1
      If RoomNumber > 3 then RoomNumber = 1
      If RoomNumber = 3 then xBAM.GameRoom = False:Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo( 258,   534, -950,       0,       0,       0,    0,       0):Exit Sub:End if
      If RoomNumber = 2 then xBAM.GameRoom = True:Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo( 258,   534, -950,       0,       0,       0,    0,       0):Exit Sub:End if
      If RoomNumber = 1 then xBAM.GameRoom = False:Call MiniPlayField_0.MoveTo( 258,   534, -950,       0,       0,       0,    50,       0):Exit Sub:End if
   End if
End if


In RoomNumber= 3 above, I simpy set "xBAM.GameRoom=False" and the Scale of your
room to 0 at the same time


https://youtu.be/itaZMicNUsc


Last edited by Gimli on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1218
ok,many thanks....george,and gimli...

I think I understood, I see, if I can add this in pinball nes too,in due time.

@gimli, according to you it is possible to have a zoom in LookAtBackbox mode , with a call from a sub-routine, with some specific bam command?if it is possible, without weighing down, rav, ... for the moment....


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 2813
Location: Ontario, Canada
wild wrote:
ok,many thanks....george,and gimli...

@gimli, according to you it is possible to have a zoom in LookAtBackbox mode , with a call from a sub-routine, with some specific bam command?if it is possible, without weighing down, rav, ... for the moment....


Ya it is possible. I have asked Ravarcade but asked him to not feel rushed or pressured to reply.

1. In the Nes table, I have been able to zoom in using Miniplayfield feature by grabbing whole table and moving it closer. This works well but it is alittle fiddley because I had to then
independently also zoom all the other "miniplayfields" that I have superimposed on the BackBox.
2.Also when I tested my zoom on arcade and VR mode it didn't work

So.......
I have asked Rav about an xBAM.CameraAngle type code that allows you to zoom
from script. This has the benefit of moving everything at once

In my opinion this will work only in "Force Arcade Mode"
1. In forced arcade mode currently using the "Animation Sequencer" you can set code
in menu to zoom and it does move everything together and you can play a table while it moves. Also by zooming/panning around in "Forced arcade mode" you can change the appearance from an "arcade view" to a "desktop view"

2. If all this is the case then we would not need "Arcade Mode" and "Desktop mode"
everything would be "Forced Arcade Mode" with camera presets (by menu and by code)

I think it is possible but who knows...only Rav :D


Last edited by Gimli on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1218
Gimli wrote:
wild wrote:
ok,many thanks....george,and gimli...

@gimli, according to you it is possible to have a zoom in LookAtBackbox mode , with a call from a sub-routine, with some specific bam command?if it is possible, without weighing down, rav, ... for the moment....


Ya it is possible. I have asked Ravarcade but asked him to not feel rushed or pressured to reply.

1. In the Nes table, I have been able to zoom in using Miniplayfield feature by grabbing whole table and moving it closer. This works well but it is alittle fiddley because I had to then
independently also zoom all the other "miniplayfields" that I have superimposed on the BackBox.
2.Also when I tested my zoom on arcade and VR mode it didn't work

So.......
I have asked Rav about an xBAM.CameraAngle type code that allows you to zoom
from script. This has the benefit of moving everything at once

In my opinion this will work only in "Force Arcade Mode"
1. In forced arcade mode currently using the "Animation Sequencer" you can set code
in menu to zoom and it does move everything together and you can play a table while it moves. Also by zooming/panning around in "Forced arcade mode" you can change the appearance from an "arcade view" to a "desktop view"

2. If all this is the case then we would not need "Arcade Mode" and "Desktop mode"
everything would be "Forced Arcade Mode" with camera presets (by menu and by code)

I think it is possible but who knows...only Rav :D


ok,I have to see to understand, however, I asked you not to say it to rav, for the moment, bob...I could ask him myself...no? do not you think? I do not want to weigh it down..... :oops:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 2813
Location: Ontario, Canada
I did ask him already a couple of days ago, so lets leave it for now.
I see if I can find a version to send tomorrow showing zooming in of back glass using
"miniplayfield"


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: BAM Commands Comment and Discussion
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1218
Gimli wrote:
I did ask him already a couple of days ago, so lets leave it for now.
I see if I can find a version to send tomorrow showing zooming in of back glass using
"miniplayfield"



in fact it is sometimes better if we do not exaggerate :mrgreen:

good idea,like "miniplayfield" :idea:


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 102 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: