Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post subject: BAM, Plug-ins show "No Plug-ins". HELP!
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:54 pm 

I've been using BAM for years...in my cabinet and on my desktop. Never had an issue.

I had to do a fresh install of Windows, FP and BAM on my cabinet this week. BAM is running great except for one thing....

BAM doesn't see the "Plug-ins" at all. It just shows "No Plug-ins".

I've tried a completely fresh BAM install. I've tried copying over my BAM folder from my desktop which doesn't have this issue, and that doesn't work. I've rebooted the cabinet... made sure everything is "Run as Admin".... made sure no files are blocked or missing...

I also saw that someone I was trying to help (who is also trying to run BAM for the first time) has this same issue.

I'm at a loss here Rav.... HELP!

Post subject: Re: BAM, Plug-ins show "No Plug-ins". HELP!
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:09 pm 

What version of Windows are you using?

I presume FP opens OK without BAM.

George

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:15 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
What version of Windows are you using?

I presume FP opens OK without BAM.

George

Win 10 64bit.

FP works fine as does BAM...just the plug-ins don't show. Specifically "PostFX".

I'm now seeing the new "World High-score" plug-in which works...but nothing else.

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:14 am 

Terry,

I haven't opened the plug in screen in quite a while. But I just opened it and noticed I can arrow down to "World High-score" on the plugin screen. Then I can arrow right and get to "PostFx". You might want to give it a try.

"World High-score" must be a new feature. I initially thought it was something that one of the guys created as new part of one of the tables. ... But it is Rav. It is a really nice way to enter a high score.

By the way, Gimli had a good idea about making a version of the Indiana Jones table with clips from the movies. Interested? I can help.

George

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:46 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Terry,

I haven't opened the plug in screen in quite a while. But I just opened it and noticed I can arrow down to "World High-score" on the plugin screen. Then I can arrow right and get to "PostFx". You might want to give it a try.

"World High-score" must be a new feature. I initially thought it was something that one of the guys created as new part of one of the tables. ... But it is Rav. It is a really nice way to enter a high score.

By the way, Gimli had a good idea about making a version of the Indiana Jones table with clips from the movies. Interested? I can help.

George

Yah, still no Post FX plug-ins showing...no extra arrows to cycle through plug-ins,etc... It's weird because if I use the exact same BAM and FP folder on my desktop PC its all there.

I only have Windows Defender and that is disabled. Win 10 64bit. Tried windows first installed drivers as well as the newest nvidia drivers.

As far as Indy...I barely have time to do anything right now. I do want to do another table mod, but it would probably be a table this is not modded at all yet. Maybe another Rom table. I know SLAM is updating his Indy table without your updates, so I can understand why you want to update your version with videos. (SLAM is very picky, and he doesn't always have a filter when talking about other people's mods)

Eventually I will get back into things.... DDH69 will try to add addressable led support to DOFLinx, so if we can get that for FP....I will be very excited!

Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:51 pm 

Rafal,

I'm out of ideas to help Terry. Can you help?

George

Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:41 am 

OK. so it seems to be working now.

It was one of a few things....

I updated Direct X, and installed VC Redistributable 2010 (32 and 64 bit), and maybe some other versions as well.

After that I was good to see all of the plug-ins now....yay!

I normally have all that stuff updated FIRST on my main gaming PC, but didn't think that would effect anything to do with BAM, since FP VP PFX2, etc were all running fine.

Happy now.

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner