Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: NEW MiniPlayfields in BAM
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:32 am 

Sounds great Stephane !
That was a wild festival Sept 22 with the parade of fireworks showering everyone in the streets :)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:22 am 

Gimli wrote:
Keep track of all your discoveries along the way
They will make for a great tutorial for those like yourself that wish to explore BAMs potential !

speaking of tutorial .... you have with GeorgeH, Franzleo (among others), does an exemplary job to explain different things about BAM. ;)
however for a user like me it is very complicated to find accurate information ... the information is scattered everywhere on the site and even the function "search" is not useful here, the key words do not have found (because the information is put on picture) or there are many results and the search is aborted.
I spent my evening yesterday just looking for a function, which i finally found in the thread of general discussion ... it's a bit frustrating, but it's currently the only way if we do not want to continually harass guys by private message.

I know it's really complicated to set up and it can quickly become a BIG mess - I think a kind of theme glossary would be more easy for research.
small example:
Magnet (magnetic fields) /
how to put it / move it:
how to adjust the power / movement:
demo.fpt
link on the thread

Mini_Playfield
which different uses:
how to put it / move it:
different demo.fpt
link on the thread

Normal map
script to use
demo.fpt
link on the thread

this tread: (viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6569) is awesome (i used it for the examples), but it uses an inverted system :D - you must already know the function to search for it.

What do you think?
I am at your disposal to set up if necessary (or to clarify my message)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:06 am 

Quote:
I know it's really complicated to set up and it can quickly become a BIG mess - I think a kind of theme glossary would be more easy for research.

I did something like that here.
It has a table of contents with hyper links to each topic and return to table of contents at the end of each topic

viewtopic.php?nomobile=0f=55&t=6587#p85591

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:40 am 

oh yes of course...it's exactly this! :lol:
with the difficulties encountered by the research, i was focused on finding manually in "BAM corner" and not on "resource"> "tutorial" ... the location is however specifically dedicated to this kind of things :roll:
Can you, when you have time of course, add the function to exceed the limit of 800 objects? (I have this example in mind because it was he who spoiled my evening :twisted: )

ps / it should be pinned to not lose it over time.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:34 am 

drakko91 wrote:
Can you, when you have time of course, add the function to exceed the limit of 800 objects? (I have this example in mind because it was he who spoiled my evening :twisted: )

I think rav indicated he couldn't enable this feature on the BAM side of things
But....some of the modded versions of FP.exe have removed the 800 object limit.
George posted all the versions of FP.exe at Pinsimdb.

The problem with this is not all people playing your table will have that version...although
I don't know what happens when you play at table with > 800 objects (will the error message only happen when you try to add an object but is ok when we try to play a table with > 800 objects. I don't know...)

drakko91 wrote:
ps / it should be pinned to not lose it over time.

I was hoping someone would suggest this to the moderators...I didn't want to ask for it for myself ;)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:10 pm 

... I had not understand like this, i saw a conversation that said it had to be easy with Bam, but without a response from Rav btw :lol:
it is surprising to have the opportunity to exploit 16 playfield with just 800 objects :roll:
well, will have to do with.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:53 pm 

I think many people use one of the modified fp.exe's for various reasons:
1.no watermark
2.no object limit
3.64 bit processing
4.Improved memory management

Here's a link . George provides an explanation there:
http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinres/entry-16 ... able_files

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:29 pm 

Gimli wrote:
I think many people use one of the modified fp.exe's for various reasons:
1.no watermark
2.no object limit
3.64 bit processing
4.Improved memory management

Here's a link . George provides an explanation there:
http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinres/entry-16 ... able_files

I think the improved memory management (the Zed version only) is not as important to me as it once was because Rav fixed a huge memory leak that has existed since FP was created. So memory is better now with the later versions of BAM.

The Zed version will allow you to add more than 800 objects when you are editing a table. You will want to verify this but my experience is that you can play back the table with more than 800 objects on any version. It seems the 800 limit was created by not allowing a table developer to add more than 800 objects. It seems the program does not check the number of objects when you play a table. I suppose the author didn't think it was necessary.

You might want to experiment with the Zed version of "Lord of the Rings". I think it has more than 800 objects.

I don't use a front end program but I have heard some of the guys can't get the Zed version to play tables with PinballX.

George

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:16 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
The Zed version will allow you to add more than 800 objects when you are editing a table. You will want to verify this but my experience is that you can play back the table with more than 800 objects on any version. It seems the 800 limit was created by not allowing a table developer to add more than 800 objects. It seems the program does not check the number of objects when you play a table. I suppose the author didn't think it was necessary.

You might want to experiment with the Zed version of "Lord of the Rings". I think it has more than 800 objects.
George

If that is the case Drakko then problem solved. Use Zed version to make your table. We are all happy to test for you along the way....

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:28 am 

oooh it's great guys !!
so, I'm summarizing - I use the ZED version (64bits?) to exceed the limit of the objects (no other way during the creation) but it can be then used by any FP.exe without blocking
while keeping in mind that anyway it will have to have BAM (and logically if you know how to download / install BAM, it is quite accessible to use the custom exe...)
another stupid question ... it's will not interfere with the creation of a custom physics (dynamic flippers, blahblah)? i think not, but before igniting... :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner