Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for The Pinball Arcade (TPA) ?
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:23 am 

Looks great

Post Posted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:30 am 

retrogamer-01 wrote:
macemace wrote:
Hi Rav, last time we had a chat it was over balls going red. This time I just wanted to say a BIG Thanks and show Pinball Arcade in 3D running through PinballX on my Cab, with a little support from LEDBlinky, Actual Windows Manager, iRotate and BAM

Video Link here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ao6k3CIlgOqjmu9mWHs-krwFSj-jcQ

:D :D :D :D

Can you post your PinballX configuration? I'm having an issue getting it to launch properly. Does it auto select the correct table?

I'm away at the moment but essentially I use the 'run before' command in PinballX to start my own .ahk file that automates the key presses to the main menu. There is a far wider discussion on this on the PinballX forum that you may ish to follow as th TPA interface in its V2 version is particularly difficult to work with....

http://www.gameex.info/forums/topic/179 ... ui-change/

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:13 am 

Hi Guys, Hi Rav,
Rav, I'm this close from buying you several beers! THANK YOU so much for your awesome work! I can't believe you made it happen! thank you!

Currently I get BAM working properly with FP. I am using facetracknoir to freetrack 2.1 as game protocol. I start BAM-Tracker.exe (tried selecting both TrackIR and FreeTrack), I start launcher.exe, load up a table and BAM! nothing happens. tried F9 and all other function keys, but got nothing. (I can control some camera functions, but I guess the game doesn't get actual tracking data for some reason.)

I was wondering. in BAM-Tracker, under Head Tracking Data. the data I get is not changing. that is, the numbers are stuck. (for instance WiiMote Cam has the Counter counting up). is that okay? Or is that a part of the problem?

It's 7:15 AM. I've been trying to get it working the whole night. Just heard about BAM for TPA yesterday and I have been googling for bam for TPA every few months...
I'd really appreciate some help at this moment... thank you :)

btw
This post helped me solve one issue I had with bam for tpa: I moved my game installation folder to my C: drive and now it loads fine with launcher.exe. (It wouldn't launch when it was on D: drive, even if I dragged the .exe file onto launcher.exe.)
thanks!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:32 pm 

rudy wrote:
I was wondering. in BAM-Tracker, under Head Tracking Data. the data I get is not changing. that is, the numbers are stuck. (for instance WiiMote Cam has the Counter counting up). is that okay? Or is that a part of the problem?

If counter stops then head-tracking is not working.

Before you run TPA, you need working head-tracking in FP. Don't try to run TPA or BAM-Tracker.

Today i tested BAM-for-TPA with latest BAM and updated TPA. All works fine (atleast with Arabic Nights). Here is what i did:

0. I tested my old "Simple Cam" plugin. I like it more than FaceTrackNoIR. It is just simple to run.

1. Clean new install of BAM with Simple Cam plugin.
(You need to select it in BAM-setup installero or manualy copy "SimpleCam.dll" and dirs "haarcascades" + "lbpcascades" to plugins dir).

2. Run FPLoader.exe, load any table (just New Table from FP menu). Press F5. When in BAM menu:
- Change BAM menu from "Simple" mode to "Advanced" mode.
- If FP/BAM is not in Arcede Mode, then turn on Forced Arcade mode.

3. Go to "Reality" menu and enter your display size.

4. In BAM menu: switch "mode/plugin" to "Simple CAM". Go to last line and do "3 Points" setup.

==== CHECK POINT ====
Now head tracking in FP should work. You should see, that when you move, table view is changing. You should also check, if it work as you expect.
If something is wrong now, there is no point to do next steps.
=================

5. Exit from FP/BAM. Run BAM-Tracker.exe. There will be now BAM icon in tray (near clock). Double click it. You will see BAM-Tracker.exe menu.

6. Select same head-tracking plugin as you did in FP. If you did previous steps: Simple CAM. Your webcam should start working. After few seconds, you should see, that counter is working and "Player position" will change, when you move.

==== CHECK POINT ====
If "Player position" don't change when you move, then something is not working. Find solution before you look at next steps.
=================

7. Now you have BAM-Tracker.exe running, "Player position" is changing when you move. DO NOT CLOSE BAM-TRACKER. IT SHOULD STAY RUNNING.

8. Run TPA config. Make sure, that TPA will run in DX9 mode. BAM-for TPA will not work in DX11 mode! Close TPA config.

9. Run TPA (in DX9). Select table (try first Arabic Nights). Check if TPA works fine. Close TPA.

10. Run "Launcher.exe" from BAM-for-TPA. Again select table. Now you should see, that camer is set different way, than default TPA camera. Head-Tracking will work.

=== Look at description: How to setup table ===

--------------------------------------------------------
To use FaceTrackNoIR:
- You need to run FaceTrackNoIR before you run FP/BAM.
- You need to setup all options in FaceTrackNoIR.
- In step 4 you will select "FreeTrack" (TrackIR will not work) and setup BAM/FP to use it.
FIRST CHECKPOINT: Head tracking must work in FP/BAM.
- In step 6 you will select "FreeTrack".
SECOND CHECKPOINT: Head tracking must work: you should see your move in "Player position".

To make it clear. When you setup all and want to run TPA with head-tracking:
DO NOT RUN FPloader.exe (BAM/FP) or FP. You don't play FP.
Run FaceTrackNoID and DO NOT CLOSE IT.
Run BAM-Tracker (from BAM dir) and DO NOT CLOSE IT.
Run Launcher.exe (from BAM-for-TPA). It will load TPA.
Have fun.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:52 pm 

Hey, Thanks a lot for your in-depth comment, Rav! I'm sure it'll help some other folks, too.
I seem to be facing an issue with BAM-Tracker.exe (which I've described before)
Though I can get FaceTrackNoIR to work with Future Pinball just fine - I can't get the face tracking data to be displayed in BAM-Tracker.
Tried running as administrator, and turning off windows firewall (fwiw...) both things didn't help.

Here's a video of the issue:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ3Xo5FStuc

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:37 pm 

Error confirmed. Both FreeTrack and TrackIR do not work with BAM-Tracker.exe. (They are ok in BAM/FP).

here is fixed BAM:
http://www.ravarcade.pl/files/BAM_v1.4-135.zip

BAM.dll and BAM-Tracker.exe are modified.

Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2018 9:19 am 

ravarcade wrote:
1. Clean new install of BAM with Simple Cam plugin.
(You need to select it in BAM-setup installero or manualy copy "SimpleCam.dll" and dirs "haarcascades" + "lbpcascades" to plugins dir).

2. Run FPLoader.exe, load any table (just New Table from FP menu). Press F5. When in BAM menu:
- Change BAM menu from "Simple" mode to "Advanced" mode.
- If FP/BAM is not in Arcede Mode, then turn on Forced Arcade mode.

3. Go to "Reality" menu and enter your display size.

4. In BAM menu: switch "mode/plugin" to "Simple CAM". Go to last line and do "3 Points" setup.

==== CHECK POINT ====
Now head tracking in FP should work. You should see, that when you move, table view is changing. You should also check, if it work as you expect.
If something is wrong now, there is no point to do next steps.
=================

5. Exit from FP/BAM. Run BAM-Tracker.exe. There will be now BAM icon in tray (near clock). Double click it. You will see BAM-Tracker.exe menu.

6. Select same head-tracking plugin as you did in FP. If you did previous steps: Simple CAM. Your webcam should start working. After few seconds, you should see, that counter is working and "Player position" will change, when you move.

==== CHECK POINT ====
If "Player position" don't change when you move, then something is not working. Find solution before you look at next steps.
=================

7. Now you have BAM-Tracker.exe running, "Player position" is changing when you move. DO NOT CLOSE BAM-TRACKER. IT SHOULD STAY RUNNING.

8. Run TPA config. Make sure, that TPA will run in DX9 mode. BAM-for TPA will not work in DX11 mode! Close TPA config.

9. Run TPA (in DX9). Select table (try first Arabic Nights). Check if TPA works fine. Close TPA.

10. Run "Launcher.exe" from BAM-for-TPA. Again select table. Now you should see, that camer is set different way, than default TPA camera. Head-Tracking will work.

Thanks a lot for your work !

I followed these instructions and it's working on my pincab.

I'm wondering if a DX11 version is still on the table or not. It would be AMAZING to use the FreeCamMod with this (DMD and backglass on an other screen)

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner